Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2001 6:18:59 PM EDT
Chopped down like a Jungle Carbine. Saw it on TNN today... SWEET ASSED RIFLE! Only caught the last bit. Anyone know anything about it? Who makes it?

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Gibbs and Navy Arms have been selling fake Jungle Carbines for some time.

You can still get REAL Jungle Carbines from Century and SOG.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By Five O:
Chopped down like a Jungle Carbine. Saw it on TNN today... SWEET ASSED RIFLE! Only caught the last bit. Anyone know anything about it? Who makes it?

Thanks much!
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Found it thanks to some of the AK guys... Sweet IMHO! Possibly a very nice scout type rifle?! Great price!

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/military.html

http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=111&CATID=600&ObjectGroup_ID=1639

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually I am trying to get one of these. I want one in .308.

Six
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually I m looking for one of the new and improved versions. The one ReDone by Gibbs or something. If there are any dealers out there who want to help me out please drop me a not. I really would like a local one so I would not have to pay shipping and handling.

Six
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont like the jungle carbines in whatever caliber...though I would love to see a No.4 Enfield with one of those cone flash hiders that you see on the No5 carbines.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
An 8 pound rifle is not my definition of a "carbine."  
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Gents, I've owned one of those Enfields that they advertise as newly-made for .308. BULLSHIT! They are re-chambered, and that's it. The receiver is sized for .303, so the .308 case is very loose on extraction. The case head of the .303 round is much larger than .308; this leaves you with a rifle that chambers and extracts OK, but then just drops the case onto the the remaining rounds in the magazine. This forces you to grab the case and get it out before you can chamber another round. A real POS, trust me. Wasn't accurate for shit, either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I've had one of the Gibbs #7 carbines in .308 for about a year now. Never a problem. Shoots to point of aim, smooth feeding and extraction. I'd highly recommend one of these.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Never a problem with my Enfild 2A. These are #1 actions made new in India for the 308.They did use parts like sights ect from there old #1's.England did rechamber there 1 and 4 for the 308 but ive never shot one.

By the way I did make mine into a scout rifle. I ground the rear sight down and drilled and tapped the sight base.I used the flat bottomed weaver mount.I think it was for a Marlin 39.After a couple shot to make shure it was paralell to the bore I epoxied it and red loctite the screws.Cut the barrel back to 18" and used the original stock cut back.Tossed the upper handgaurd.Also welded a extension on the stock with a flat end.That way you can flip open the butt latch and take it down without tools.I would start with a full size 2A they are less than 90.00 dealer.You can do the whole thing for about 125 minus scope.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#11]
What king of sights come on the Jungle carbine?

Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top