Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2001 4:10:14 PM EDT
Since I had today off somewhat unexpectedly, I called my mom (of course!), spent a few peaceful hours in the garden weeding, rode my Thoroughbred mare, spent some time teaching the neighbor's grandkids about horses and.... and.... [i]successfully saddled my two year old Kate for the first time!![/i]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1069148&a=7896067&p=48416782&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
What a great day!! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
She's beautiful, Miss Magnum.
Long ago, my parents raised "Morgans".
Someday I'd like to teach my daughters to ride.
You're a Lucky lady.

Del
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
On a related note last nite I succesfully saddled a 22 year old I have been trying to get for 2 years.....
View Quote

Did you have to bite her ear to get on?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#4]
nice looking mare, what kind of blood line?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
MM, YOU RIDE ENGLISH!!!!?????
Where are you gonna hang your scabbard?

<<>>

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Her dam is Thoroughbred and goes back to Quadrangle.  Her sire is a foundation-type Quarter Horse with Two Eyed Jack and Eternal Sun breeding.

Yes.. I ride English.  I also have a couple Western saddles for trail riding.  Kate will hopefully be my eventing horse in a few years. [:D]

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The sun still shines...when I close my eyes...

Hunter
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah.. I love Travis Tritt's new song.  That's exactly what I was singing to myself today. [:D]

BTW, does anyone know how to make the photos a more reasonable size?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes indeed it is a great day to be alive, Miss Magnum!  If I open my eyes and I don't see darkness, the day has already been predestine to be great!

That horse is a beauty of an animal.  I could probably assume you reside in the country area. It really is funny how people in the city get so excited about other "life forms" in existence.  I sometimes feel like I'm part of the Star Trek crew when I see an animal other than a dog or cat.

Just the other day at my college, a bunch of us were jumping up and down, yelling with excitement when we saw a squirrel come down a tree.  Ha ha  We city people are hilarious!

BTW, I do like any kind of animal. I just need to use my "Tri-corder" before I touch it.  [:)]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah.. I live in the country.  The picture was taken in my back yard.  [:D]

City folk crack me up regularly.  One of my friends was telling me the other day how a hawk (they kept calling it a "raptor" LOL) caught a seagull and all work in their office stopped so they could watch it eat it's catch [i]for two hours.[/i]  I told her stuff like that is a daily sight out here.  

In fact, one of my neighbors (she's a hoot!) has picked up road kill in her old truck and thrown it in the middle of the pasture so she could watch the turkey vultures eat from the comfort of her breakfast nook.  

It really is an incredible sight.  

And we really do have all of our teeth out here. [BD]  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
Yeah.. I love Travis Tritt's new song.  That's exactly what I was singing to myself today. [:D]

BTW, does anyone know how to make the photos a more reasonable size?
View Quote

That is one beautiful horse! I don't know exactly what photo program you use but usually you can size down a photo. If it's a digital photo sometimes when you size them down they get grainy. I think that size is perfect and lets you get a feel for being there in that nice green grass...etc..................

John

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
On a related note last nite I succesfully saddled a 22 year old I have been trying to get for 2 years.....
View Quote

Now that's Funny!!! - Where are the pictures?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Can you post a picture of your horse holding an AR15? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's the saddle horn? No horn ...no ride for me!
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice horsey
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, it is a great day to be alive.  I was talking to my gf today about my range trip.  She tells me "I love a man that knows how to handle a rifle" and demanded that I take her on my next range trip.  I never expected that from a woman in Kali, but I suppose there are a few rare exceptions to the rule.  I think I'm in love.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#17]

In fact, one of my neighbors (she's a hoot!) has picked up road kill in her old truck and thrown it in the middle of the pasture so she could watch the turkey vultures eat from the comfort of her breakfast nook.

Turkey vulture LOL, the lowly buzzard has evolved. I had a cousin from from Louisville who upon seeing a groundhog exclaimed "Look a gopher!" I did manage to convince him after seeing the bald head of a flying buzzard that he was so lucky to see a Bald Eagle in the wild.[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#18]
What is it with women and horses?  Somethings I just dont want to delve deeper into.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes indeed, Miss Magnum. Every day is great to be alive. Specially there is something to live for....my kid.

BTW: Very very nice horse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yes indeed, Miss Magnum. Every day is great to be alive. Specially there is something to live for....my kid.

BTW: Very very nice horse.
View Quote

DITTO THAT!!!!!!!!!

Nuckles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top