User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Curious; age and what bone(s).
Feel free to elaborate on how it happened.
View Quote

I have never broken a bone and I'm over 60.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
45. High sided off my motorcycle and slid face first on the asphalt street. While I was sliding, heading for the guard rail, my gigantic motorcycle ran my leg over.

Broke six bones in my foot. Fucked up my knee. Chain can openered the back of my leg.

Not my best day.

I did miss the guardrail. So there's that.
View Quote
Shaft drive. That’s all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#3]
At 56 I fell down ice covered stairs and broke 4 ribs and had chest contusions.  Yes, it hurt like hell for a few days and was painful for about 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
57, broken crown on the Tibia.
Horse kicked in the knee by a psycho chick.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
47 with a tibia plateau break. It happened last Halloween. Not walking good yet. ??
View Quote
Sucks doesn’t it!  Keep after it though.

58 when I broke mine.  Drove it through the knee cap.  Also broken ankle.  Wrist was broken in six places.  Thumb crushed so the bone on the tip was removed.  Spiral fracture of the ring finger.  Wrist and knee were open fractures.  Ortho said I’d be in a wheelchair for 6 to 8 months and maybe walking in a year.  Went back to work three months later using a cane.  I still limp almost3 years later.  I hate stairs and uneven ground now.

Oh, caused by crazy sex with a busty 19 year old cheerleader that involved a trapeze and feathers.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I shouldn't have posted.  This thread is giving me a raging case of the jibblies.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm 48, and I'm pretty sure I broke a toe last week.  It's still kind of purple, and putting on a sock hurts bad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Just fingers and toes, haven't broke anything since around 20 I think.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]
32, humerus.  Slipped on ice, impacted asphalt on elbow, SNAP, OW! FUCK!

ETA:  Actually, it didn't really hurt until the x-ray tech at the hospital started grinding the bone ends together.  Nearly punched her with my unbroken arm, but instead decided I'd take that percocet they offered before after all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]
14, broke a finger playing beach volleyball.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
53 now and never had a diagnosed broken bone....
Pretty sure I've broken/fractured my right wrist at least twice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
63 and never.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Broke several when I got ran over by a truck at 47.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]
58 broke 4 vertebrae, 10 ribs, and right tibia.

Car wreck, they had to saw off my heel bone so technically it didn’t break

Not much fun for about a year.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I am 66 YO( and never broke a bone.

I did break the cartilage in my nose in HS.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I'm 52 and broke a toe last week.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]
47. Broken rib (second award) and rib separated from sternum. Helping a friend do demo on a house she was flipping. Walking across ceiling joists in the attic above the garage and mis-stepped. One leg went through the garage ceiling sheetrock and thankfully my ribs stopped me from falling all the way through. Tore the shit out of a groin muscle as well.

You would think I learned my lesson the first time I broke a rib when I was in my early 40s.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm 41 and I average around 2 broken bones per year, mostly from playing Ice Hockey.
My last was a broken metatarsal in my left foot in December, Before that was 2 ribs in June.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Motorcycle and tree sticking out into road. Left collarbone broke, cracked scapula.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#21]
59 right Femur...9 inch nail and screws to repair. Rehab for several months.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Broke a hip at 60.

Pruning a tree, stepped back to get out of the way and tripped on a rock.  Landed on a pointed rock, perfect bullseye on the trochanter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Never broke one.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Two years ago at 40. Broke my scapula in a motorcycle wreck. It hurt.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
42 and broke 18 bones in 2017. First broken bones I’ve ever had. I broke my left wrist in February 2017 and my right wrist, elbow, pelvis, 6 ribs broken on both sides (flailing is what they called it)  and a couple others I’m probably missing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Had some massive street skating falls, some really bad basketball twists/sprains, fell off ladders and out of trees and never broke anything until last year when I was 42. I made up for it and broke two bones in one year.

My first break I was playing with my son.  We were over at a friend’s house and he had found a couple of badminton racquets and some shuttlecocks.  We started hitting back and forth and he thought it was funny to hit it higher and higher to see me have to jump for it.  Finally he hit one so high that I had to step back a few quick steps to hit it back and I tripped over a remarkably dense English boxwood and fell on a sidewalk.  I was so shocked by it that I didn’t ditch the racquet to break my fall and the first thing to take the impact of my 215 pound frame was my clenched fist on the concrete.  I hopped up, pretending it didn’t hurt, but my ears started ringing immediately, quickly followed by cold sweats, nausea and tunnel vision.  I looked down at my hand and couldn’t figure out how my badly skinned knuckles were causing so much pain.  My hand blew up like a balloon, but I didn’t think that it was broken.  A week later, it finally dawned on me as the swelling subsided that I had a lump on the bone on outside edge of my palm that extends to my pinky.  It was a month before I could squeeze into a fist again.  Now almost a year later I can still feel a slight lump on the bone. I probably set a world record for the worst badminton injury ever.

The second break happened about two months later. I surf (badly) with a longboard.  My buddy bought a 6’8” board and wanted me to try it.  Being more than 3’ shorter than my board and significantly narrower, I paddled out and tried to catch a wave. As I planted my feet on the board my right foot hit near the edge and slipped off as my full weight came down. I briefly remembered my middle toe seeming to catch the brunt of my weight as my foot slipped off. Of course I tumbled and got rolled by the wave.  I surfaced and started to paddle back out but felt something like seaweed wrapped around my middle toe.  Not an uncommon occurrence, so I kicked my foot a few times trying to get it from being wrapped around my toe.  Despite some hearty kicks, I could still feel the seaweed flapping against the top of my foot.  I finally reached down to unwrap the annoying seaweed from my toe only to realize that it wasn’t seaweed flapping against the top of my foot, but my middle toe.  There was nothing holding it on but skin.  Freaked out a bit, I shoved it back into place. It still flopped all around, but the pain wasn’t too bad (yet) and the waves were great.  I surfed for two more hours.  As I finally rode my last wave to shore and planted my feet on the sand, the pain hit me like a truck. My foot was purple, my toe was listing about 30 degrees to port and the pain was so bad I was in tears.  I got home, taped it to the toe to its starboard and went to work the next morning.  I limped for a good six weeks.   My toe still has about a 10 degree list to port and is about a quarter inch shorter than it used to be.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Double tibia/fibula and dislocation.

Broke the malleolis off the tibia, broke it a little ways up, and broke the fibula.

Brother and I were working out curling. He is bigger than i am and was calling me a fag for not being able to curl as much as he could. Pushed me when I was bending down. I started to fall, grabbed him and fell on my side, legs together, right foot extended past left foot. His knee and all 250 pounds of him ended up on my right heel. Snap.

I was 35.

Truth be told breaking your leg doesnt really hurt all that much. The ORIF surgery? Colors of pain. Like there is no happy place. Only pain. Fuck that hurt.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Soon to be 37, never broke a bone.

No idea how I managed that, did some really stupid, but fun things as a kid
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
40ish. Three or four bones in my left hand.  Fist fight.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Fifteen years old.  Fractured right clavicle and cracked right humerus from being tackled playing football.

Still played football after that healded but haven't broken anything since.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#31]
54 - 6weeks ago - knee
Slipped on ice bringing in old
Lady's garbage can from Rd -
No good deed rule-
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Never broke anything but have had several fractures. All in my back and one on the scapula. Last was skiing accident when I was 23.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Last I can remember was my pinky finger. Probably mid 30s. Didn't get any pain meds because it didn't hurt that bad at the time. But that night I couldn't sleep because it hurt so bad. Never thought a pinky finger could cause that much pain.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Took some hard falls and hits but never broken anything
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#35]
33 broke elbow- SxS accident

34 broke rib- Running a winch line up a muddy hill for a SxS, slipped on a muddy rock and landed on a rock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#36]
58 . . . stepped in a grass covered hole out on a job site and broke my left ankle.

Wore a "boot" for three months.

That was ten years ago and it still bothers me.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#37]
55  yo closed fractures of   T2 T3 transverse process

first back injury of my life of wipeouts

hot assed sport pony got me because I was stupid and hastily rode
on youth tack instead of changing up and lost my seat

Did some ribs on a skateboard three years prior
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#38]
39. Broke my hand breaking two concrete patio blocks in a karate demonstration.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm just shy of 63 and have never broken or fractured a bone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#40]

distal radius fracture
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#41]
42  broke the transverse process of my L5 vertebrae slipping on ice in the store's walk in freezer.   L5S1 fusion surgery 4 screws 2 rods and a hefty insurance check.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I was 6 when i fractured my wrist the first time.
Four years ago at 50 fell down the stairs and broke my right humerus.
Plate and 12 screws fixed it right up.
Dont know if this counts but last year my left ankle deteriated from infection and fell apart and i ended up losing my left foot below the knee.
I also have a steel rod that runs the length of my left femur.
My left leg x ray looks wild.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Broken scaphoid (bone in the hand below the thumb) at 50 1/2.

Riding in the desert and hit a rock and went down to the left, but my right thumb caught on my handguard as I involuntarily dismounted the bike.

A couple hours after I broke it. Wasn’t going to let it spoil the ride. If it had been the clutch hand I would have been done as soon as it happened.

Got a cast 2 days later.

There’s a plate and 9 screws on the radius of that arm too from a bicycle crash at 44.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Late 40’s doing stupid people tricks
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Broke my ulna.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top