Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Starting to notice a lot of people showing up wearing what looks like bicycle shirts that are bright with logos all over them. Some of them throw on funny looking vests over said shirts.
View Quote
I see you've been to my local USPSA/IDPA club.

OP, go have fun.  Ignore the idiots that say you can't compete without a $3k gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fun times and none of that gay IDPA cant drop a mag with rounds in it bullshit.
View Quote
Amen and no “you didn’t tilt your shoulder far enough to prove you were slicing the pie the way pie likes to be sliced.”
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm handloading my .45 ammo right now, but I do still buy 9mm because it's not as cost effective to reload.

I get your (and other's) point on the Glock... but thousands of rounds fired through it with little improvement say I'll probably not get better with it.

My hands are just too big for a Gen 3 G23. I can get a good grip and decent accuracy if I take my time and choke up on it, but coming off the draw my fingers naturally sit on top of the grooves. If I force my grip up high enough to work right, I usually get slide bite - not many people get slide bite from a Glock.

I need to get a Gen 5 if I'm going to keep shooting a Glock. I can shoot those with no trouble at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fun and addictive. Prepare to buy a lot of ammo. I'd just start using the Glock, you'll get good with it pretty quick ;)
I'm handloading my .45 ammo right now, but I do still buy 9mm because it's not as cost effective to reload.

I get your (and other's) point on the Glock... but thousands of rounds fired through it with little improvement say I'll probably not get better with it.

My hands are just too big for a Gen 3 G23. I can get a good grip and decent accuracy if I take my time and choke up on it, but coming off the draw my fingers naturally sit on top of the grooves. If I force my grip up high enough to work right, I usually get slide bite - not many people get slide bite from a Glock.

I need to get a Gen 5 if I'm going to keep shooting a Glock. I can shoot those with no trouble at all.
Then get you a Gen 5 and get out there. Don't waste your time with something that doesn't work for you. You know what to do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

OP, go have fun.  Ignore the idiots that say you can't compete without a $3k gun.
View Quote
Who actually says that?

I've been shooting USPSA for years and I've never heard anyone say this.  It's always, "start shooting Production with whatever you have to get started."
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Single Stack is a blast.

I qualified for the USPSA Single Stack Nationals in Frostproof, FL this year, after shooting SS for 14 months. Can’t wait to go.

Don’t bother with 7rd mags - get yourself a handful of Wilson Combat ETM 8rd mags. USPSA rules are such that no more than 8rds can be required on any given shooting array/position. Even if you Barney load, that’s a max of 8rd in the gun - one miss could mean a standing reload.

Reloading drills are your friend.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Amen and no “you didn’t tilt your shoulder far enough to prove you were slicing the pie the way pie likes to be sliced.”
View Quote
IDPA is like a fucking homeowners association but with guns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No "you can't reload while you're moving. You'd never do that in real life!"

No fat fuck telling you there wasn't enough of your body behind cover when you had about 30lbs less exposed than when he shot.

IDPA makes sense as a concept, but man if they didn't fuck up the execution.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
USPSA is a crazy amount of fun, but you only get what you want out of it.  I am hopelessly addicted, and I am traveling to 12 major matches this year including Nationals for my 4th time.  I shoot about 30-40k a year, and dry fire almost daily and live fire once or twice a week.  Dryfire will help you immensely, and will allow you to work on gun handling and learning how to do it at high speed.  Be able to shoot all the stuff accurately and work on your speed to learn how to do it faster and still shoot all the stuff.  If you really get into it, buy Ben Stoeger's books and videos and read them and watch them and then incorporate it into your training, and be self aware while you are training.  Why did you miss?  Was it because your sights/gun were not aligned sufficiently for the target you are shooting?  Was it your trigger press, was your grip crap, etc.

The people I have met in USPSA are some of the best people I have ever met, and most everyone that is at a high level is willing to help out others and help with your development.  Eventually you get to a point that running the gun is subconscious and you just have to focus on stage plans and execution of the stage plan.

To those that say that "it will get you killed in the streets", that is complete horseshit!  As a LEO, USPSA skills have exponentially improved my shooting and the state LE academy has me come out and teach on a regular basis as you will not find better examples of high speed shooting than good USPSA shooters.  I know when I step off the USPSA range that my gamer tactics are not what I would use in a gunfight and adjust accordingly, but I can run the gun faster and more accurately than 95% of my compatriots in LE.  It is just the fundamentals done faster.  There is a reason that SOF and other mil units have brought in the best in USPSA to teach them how to run the gun hard, fast and accurate.  I wish more gun owners and LE would get out and compete and get their egos out of the way.  USPSA will make you a better shooter if you put in the time and practice as it gives you a goal to improve.

As for gear, just look to see what the top guys use and don't try to reinvent the wheel.  Good holster, belt, mag pouches, and guns that meet the requirements of the division you are shooting.  If shooting Singlestack like you mentioned, I would run 8 round mags for Major power factor not 7 as it will be a disadvantage.  Having reliable gear is extremely important so make sure that it runs and don't kid yourself, malfunctions are not acceptable and need to be addressed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
a bottomless pit of $$

I shoot singlestick 9mm and don't see any disadvantage over production. I shoot minor or major depending on the course. I also shoot some matches in N FLA form time to time depending on where you are
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been shooting pistols most of my life,  a bit over 2 years ago I wanted to get into some competitive shooting.....3 gun (LMAO).

I found a local range that would let me play a bit more than 1 round every 5 fucking minutes.

I was there shooting on my 5 or 6th visit and some dude came up to me and was offering pointers, turns out he is worse than a meth dealer.

About 2 week later, I show up to WATCH a lesson/practice session.
Still hell bent on 3 gun, I knew pistols would be the hardest part, so I joined the fun.

I was not a USPSA member, and my scores that day, reflected that of a wounded sloth with cataracts.

After a couple of this groups practices and a couple of matches, I was hooked.

It is the most fun you can have with pistols, IMHO.

I started out as an Unclassified Limited shooter using an M&P
Then to Carry Optics.
Then to Production as I realized that is the hardest division you could be in.
Did that for about 14 months.  I never got over a C class. Mainly because I was trying to go to fast.  
Anyways, in Dec, I wanted to move to Open for 2019. $5K in CZ Czechmate pistols later, I am now Unclassified, but shooting on an A class level.

Goal is to be Master Class before 2020.

Had my best finish this past weekend. I was 7th behind 2 Grand Masters, 1 Master,  2 A Class and a B class....and I am a "U", as I only have 3 classifiers in Open. I think.

I even beat one of those GMs on a stage.

I say go for it, but prepare for some self discipline, and lots of practice.

You can read my last few months of exploits Here

For those too lazy to click..

Attachment Attached File

I am also looking to pick up a sponsor or two, prefferably CZ and Everglades ammo.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No fat fuck telling you there wasn't enough of your body behind cover when you had about 30lbs less exposed than when he shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen and no "you didn't tilt your shoulder far enough to prove you were slicing the pie the way pie likes to be sliced."

IDPA doesn't even make sense as a concept. It is logically flawed and nothing can change that.

It is more like autistic accountants with guns. In a real gunfight they would die full of holes but they could rest easy knowing all their ammo was still accounted for.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:25:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who actually says that?

I've been shooting USPSA for years and I've never heard anyone say this.  It's always, "start shooting Production with whatever you have to get started."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who actually says that?

This. Nobody says that shit, especially not to newcomers. You could shoot Open with a Lorcin reloading from your pockets and people would applaud you.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Be careful… its a gateway drug to 3 gun.. prepare your wallet

Listen to all the instructions, be safe, let everyone know your a new shooter, be safe, slow down and get good hits, be safe, reset - reset - reset, be safe, have fun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#15]
When I started shooting USPSA in the 1980's I quickly got sucked into the whole thing, shooting a match every week in season and traveling all over the mid-Atlantic region to do so. Eventually getting a couple of full-race guns, and shooting a couple 1000 rounds a month to practice.

I was never better than an A-class shooter, but, in retrospect, realized that I was squadded behind guys like Doug Koenig and Matt McLearn (both of whom were originally sponsored by my gunsmith, Behlert Custom Guns, who I "inherited" from my Dad, who  had Austin Behlert build his bullseye guns.  All of which information makes me really old).

That led to 3-gun (the original Miller 3-gun matches) and then kids and family took priority and I never really got back into it.  Soot a few IDPA matches, but the rules started getting really silly.

Have fun with it and remember that slow hits are better than fast misses.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Listen to all the instructions, be safe, let everyone know your a new shooter, be safe, slow down and get good hits, be safe, reset - reset - reset, be safe, have fun.
View Quote
I have so far resisted that temptation.  Add two more guns, reloading components and dies, belt rig, optics, then you have to practice and get good with them aaand reload ammo.

Christ, when do you find time to eat?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have so far resisted that temptation.  Add two more guns, reloading components and dies, belt rig, optics, then you have to practice and get good with them aaand reload ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wednesdays!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Multigun doesn’t have to be expensive...

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#19]
USPSA matches are fun for sure!  I shot a few matches at my club and then the match director and the club had a falling out and it's gone so I got into IDPA back in December after shooting a few trap leagues.  IDPA is fun too but I think I preferred USPA, the rules for IDPA are gear more toward "real life" (cover garment, slide lock reload ect) but they are both games.

Just be safe and there will be lots of good folks that will answer questions and help out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Try having a wife who shoots with ya and sponsoring a youth shooter... I have more ammo and gear than most local gun shops. I gave up on reloading a couple years ago, I just cant keep up.  I'm sending someone's kids through college at USA Target Sports

My wife is a complete 3 gun addict, and has developed into a formidable shooter. Its always funny when we get in a squad that gives her the "aww its nice you shoot with your husband" routine, and she ends up smoking most of their times lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’m handloading my .45 ammo right now, but I do still buy 9mm because it’s not as cost effective to reload.

I get your (and other’s) point on the Glock... but thousands of rounds fired through it with little improvement say I’ll probably not get better with it.

I need to get a Gen 5 if I’m going to keep shooting a Glock. I can shoot those with no trouble at all.
View Quote
I have the same problem (highlighted in red).  Remove the finger grooves that were apparently made using some Austrian Supermodel's bony ass fingers as a guide.  I do this to all my Gen 3 mid-size Glocks.  There are people out there who do it well, and can add a pattern to it to give some grip back.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Race guns and training scars from playing games.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That was a great read. I went to one IDPA shoot, old folks and dumb stages....... like 3 hours of my life for very little shooting. I also had to join IDPA to shoot and their magazine they send out is tarded. I really need to look into USPSA.

ETA: I did get to watch a guy blow up his G23 with reloads. So it wasn't a total bust.
View Quote
I still shoot both, not so much because I enjoy the rules of IDPA as much as I do USPSA, but because our local IDPA program is AWESOME. Great group of volunteers that set up fun stages with all sorts of challenging props. If that wasn't the case, I'd probably only do USPSA and multigun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome to the addiction! A few things to understand and acknowledge up front.

1) You should expect to reload, which is almost another hobby, expense and skill to itself.

2) You currently SUCK at shooting pistols but fear not, shooting USPSA is the best way to improve!

3) You’ll need to put in lots of work to be remotely competitive (even locally). I dryfire most nights for 30 minutes and I’m B class. I would compare B class to Master in IDPA.

4) You will spend a lot of money on reloading, gear and major matches.

5) You’ll waste a lot of time if you don’t get good instruction up front.

That will consist of free podcasts, books and courses. Steve Anderson podcast and books is generally the place for mental game, Ben Stoeger book for dryfire and Charlie Perez (big panda) book for fundamentals.

The Brian Enos forum has plenty advice and reloading knowdge. Be sure to use search function there.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Regardless if it's a game?

Well, it is a game, and it's overall faster for me to reload on the way to a string of fire than reload in the middle of it. If I have 3 rounds left in the mag after engaging some targets, and now I have to move to another set of targets it would be dumb of me to engage that string and have to stop and reload in the middle. I'd much rather reload while moving to that string than have to reload in the middle of it.

I shoot both IDPA and USPSA. I prefer USPSA, but I shoot IDPA because it's another excuse to shoot guns during the week.

One of my favorite things though are bowling pin shoots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone would purposely drop a mag with rounds still in it regardless if it’s a “game” is beyond retarded.

Well, it is a game, and it's overall faster for me to reload on the way to a string of fire than reload in the middle of it. If I have 3 rounds left in the mag after engaging some targets, and now I have to move to another set of targets it would be dumb of me to engage that string and have to stop and reload in the middle. I'd much rather reload while moving to that string than have to reload in the middle of it.

I shoot both IDPA and USPSA. I prefer USPSA, but I shoot IDPA because it's another excuse to shoot guns during the week.

What's funny is that IDPA markets itself as defensive oriented, which is where the whole "don't drop a loaded mag" thing comes from.

I got my ass handed to me in low-light simunition training because of IDPA's reinforcement of flashlight tactics, and with slicing the pie entering a room instead of getting off the X. The instructor loves when gamers come in because they basically all do what I did.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
So, how badly did you get beaten when you went to a match?

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What's funny is that IDPA markets itself as defensive oriented, which is where the whole "don't drop a loaded mag" thing comes from.

I got my ass handed to me in low-light simunition training because of IDPA's reinforcement of flashlight tactics, and with slicing the pie entering a room instead of getting off the X. The instructor loves when gamers come in because they basically all do what I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone would purposely drop a mag with rounds still in it regardless if it’s a “game” is beyond retarded.

Gun games like IDPA/USPSA are not about tactics, they're about weapons handling, trigger control, sight acquisitions, shooting speed vs accuracy, shooting while moving, ect.

Too many people make them something they're not, or claim they're something they're not.

With that said, I sure wouldn't want to get in a gunfight with an avid USPSA shooter. Or any avid competitive shooter for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Single Stack is a blast.

I qualified for the USPSA Single Stack Nationals in Frostproof, FL this year, after shooting SS for 14 months. Can’t wait to go.

Don’t bother with 7rd mags - get yourself a handful of Wilson Combat ETM 8rd mags. USPSA rules are such that no more than 8rds can be required on any given shooting array/position. Even if you Barney load, that’s a max of 8rd in the gun - one miss could mean a standing reload.

Reloading drills are your friend.

Have fun!
View Quote
I’ve been shooting single stack for a decade and the Wilson mags are all I use.

I usually have 5 mags on me for a stage + 1 more to chamber a round before inserting my first magazine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s just something that people tell themselves to feel better when they get taken to the woodshed by a 63 year old C-Class shooter with a bad hip.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
IDPA doesn't even make sense as a concept. It is logically flawed and nothing can change that.

It is more like autistic accountants with guns. In a real gunfight they would die full of holes but they could rest easy knowing all their ammo was still accounted for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amen and no "you didn't tilt your shoulder far enough to prove you were slicing the pie the way pie likes to be sliced."

I found a video of one of the first IDPA matches.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s just something that people tell themselves to feel better when they get taken to the woodshed by a 63 year old C-Class shooter with a bad hip.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241349/1952FC5D-7A66-4FDB-BE8B-053F616E74F1_jpeg-884386.JPG
View Quote
Lmfao

That's one of the best brainlets I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I watch two guys shoot. With horrible tactics. I mean, really, these types will be the first to die when SHTF.
View Quote
LOL, that was a classic AAR parody!

It's always good to get out and shoot.  Gun games can be more fun that just putting rounds through the X-ring, but they don't teach tactics and can be a distraction.

I tell everyone to go out an try some gun games.  IDPA, USPSA or whatever floats their boat.  Get at least 10 shooting stages in.  It is a great experience for newer or intermediate shooters.

I think the last IDPA match I shot they required me to open a door, toss a sandbag through the door while standing in front of the open door with 2 threats just inside the room, then shoot both threats.  Total suicide drill

The stages weren't all that bad, and the price for shooting the match was reasonable... but I don't plan on going back to that club.  My biggest peeve is the gamers that think they are training for a gunfight.  They are practicing gun handling, speed and accuracy... but they are on a 1-way range.  It's like spending years hitting a punching bag and thinking you are Muhammad Ali.  Muhammad Ali spend a lot of time on bag work, but needed a lot more than that to be a champion.  You can't learn to fight without Force-on-Force.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's always good to get out and shoot.  Gun games can be more fun that just putting rounds through the X-ring, but they don't teach tactics and can be a distraction.

I tell everyone to go out an try some gun games.  IDPA, USPSA or whatever floats their boat.  Get at least 10 shooting stages in.  It is a great experience for newer or intermediate shooters.

I think the last IDPA match I shot they required me to open a door, toss a sandbag through the door while standing in front of the open door with 2 threats just inside the room, then shoot both threats.  Total suicide drill

The stages weren't all that bad, and the price for shooting the match was reasonable... but I don't plan on going back to that club.  My biggest peeve is the gamers that think they are training for a gunfight.  They are practicing gun handling, speed and accuracy... but they are on a 1-way range.  It's like spending years hitting a punching bag and thinking you are Mohammad Ali.  Mohammad Ali spend a lot of time on bag work, but needed a lot more than that to be a champion.  You can't learn to fight without Force-on-Force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I watch two guys shoot. With horrible tactics. I mean, really, these types will be the first to die when SHTF.

The stages weren't all that bad, and the price for shooting the match was reasonable... but I don't plan on going back to that club.  My biggest peeve is the gamers that think they are training for a gunfight.  They are practicing gun handling, speed and accuracy... but they are on a 1-way range.  It's like spending years hitting a punching bag and thinking you are Mohammad Ali.  Mohammad Ali spend a lot of time on bag work, but needed a lot more than that to be a champion.  You can't learn to fight without Force-on-Force.
You are painting "gamers" with a pretty broad brush, I think you are a bit confused.

Your problem is you went to an IDPA match.

USPSA doesn't try to train you for anything. It is about getting bullets on targets as fast as possible. Nobody gives a fuck about "tactical".
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#35]
OP you will enjoy it, don't listen to the the haters.  Its a lot of fun, usually a great bunch of people, and you will learn a lot of great gun handling skills, far quicker and better than just about anything else you have done with your handgun.

Limited is fun

But nothing's better than beating the bottom feeders with the round gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#36]
USPSA is a blast, you will have a lot of fun if you take the safety part seriously and the score not seriously.  Don't let your ego tell you different on either.  Shoot slow, move slow.  Then when you get the safety part down. Shoot slow move fast, then eventually shoot fast move fast.

I shot for many years, the standing around all day finally got to me.  The amount of time and effort it took to make GM wasn't really worth it. Seemed like it was worth it at the time, but now, not so much.   So keep if fun, all my friends are USPSA shooter...great people
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been doing it for a couple of years now. It's a lot of fun and a good excuse to get out to shoot.

You'll (probably) discover that you have a lot to learn, even in a division that can be as basic as Production or Single Stack. Just focus on getting better with the gear you have.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Misses and hits on No-Shoots will ruin your score, avoid them.
So does going super slooooow....
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP you will enjoy it, don't listen to the the haters.  Its a lot of fun, usually a great bunch of people, and you will learn a lot of great gun handling skills, far quicker and better than just about anything else you have done with your handgun.

https://i.imgur.com/SzrxMHOl.jpg
Limited is fun

https://i.imgur.com/r7RdpAul.jpg
But nothing's better than beating the bottom feeders with the round gun.
View Quote
I actually thought about trying to enter the revolver division too, with my 4.25” S&W 69. But then I remembered that I don’t have any speed loaders and no one makes a holster for it. Maybe I’ll get around to it in the future.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:53:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I actually thought about trying to enter the revolver division too, with my 4.25” S&W 69. But then I remembered that I don’t have any speed loaders and no one makes a holster for it. Maybe I’ll get around to it in the future.
View Quote
You should... Because hardly anyone shoots REV, everyone likes it when a revolver shooter shows up.

One of my best friends started shooting REV about a year ago and enjoys the hell out of it. He was telling me the other day that it’s more fun because nobody really expects you to be competitive with the Limited or Open guys, so he can just show up, shoot his best and concentrate on having a good time.

That really makes a lot of sense. Sometimes I wish I was less competitive and enjoyed it more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have the same problem (highlighted in red).  Remove the finger grooves that were apparently made using some Austrian Supermodel's bony ass fingers as a guide.  I do this to all my Gen 3 mid-size Glocks.  There are people out there who do it well, and can add a pattern to it to give some grip back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m handloading my .45 ammo right now, but I do still buy 9mm because it’s not as cost effective to reload.

I get your (and other’s) point on the Glock... but thousands of rounds fired through it with little improvement say I’ll probably not get better with it.

I need to get a Gen 5 if I’m going to keep shooting a Glock. I can shoot those with no trouble at all.
Do you have any links to places that offer such a service. I feel like I’d like my Gen 3 a lot more if the grooves were gone.

I’ve tried one of those rubber grip wraps that fit between the grooves, but it just doesn’t quite get it there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#42]
USPSA / IPSC is a blast

IDPA is like Dwight Schrute getting spanked at USPSA / IPSC and starting a new game with a lot more "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO...!"
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You should... Because hardly anyone shoots REV, everyone likes it when a revolver shooter shows up.

One of my best friends started shooting REV about a year ago and enjoys the hell out of it. He was telling me the other day that it’s more fun because nobody really expects you to be competitive with the Limited or Open guys, so he can just show up, shoot his best and concentrate on having a good time.

That really makes a lot of sense. Sometimes I wish I was less competitive and enjoyed it more.
View Quote
Since I’m often the only wheel gun shooter, I’m finding competitive joy in how many semi shooters I can beat, and trying to catch up to the pack I was shooting with when I was shooting a non retarded gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

USPSA / IPSC is a blast

IDPA is like Dwight Schrute getting spanked at USPSA / IPSC and starting a new game with a lot more "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO...!"
View Quote
Ha!

“I’m starting my own sport, with hookers and blackjack and vague rules that are strictly enforced.”

“In fact, forget the hookers and blackjack!”
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ha!

“I’m starting my own sport, with hookers and blackjack and vague rules that are strictly enforced.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USPSA / IPSC is a blast

Ha!

IDPA was founded quite literally as a “fuck you I’ll take my ball and go home” by Bill Wilson to USPSA/IPSC.

Somewhat ironically, the original IDPA rule book was pretty good shit... but ever since the first revision it’s turned more and more stupid.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Go with what you got.
The shooters there will set you straight on gear and sources.
You may find gold in the 2nd. hand market.
Get on over to
BRIAN ENOS FORUM
and start reading

DVC
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241349/1952FC5D-7A66-4FDB-BE8B-053F616E74F1_jpeg-884386.JPG
View Quote
There are over 100 people on Arfcom that have seen me shoot. Approximately zero would say it anything near inadequate.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Shoot slow, move slow.  Then when you get the safety part down. Shoot slow move fast, then eventually shoot fast move fast.
View Quote
That's some pretty sage advice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
IDPA was founded quite literally as a “fuck you I’ll take my ball and go home” by Bill Wilson to USPSA/IPSC.

Somewhat ironically, the original IDPA rule book was pretty good shit... but ever since the first revision it’s turned more and more stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USPSA / IPSC is a blast

Ha!

Yeah, I know. That’s the joke.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

USPSA / IPSC is a blast

Ha!

Yep.  I hear it referred to as USPSA "Lite" now and it was better before the 2017 rule change.  Right I am using IDPA for gun handling and basics to get back up to speed after shooting a shotgun league for two years and having my pistol skills deteriorate. Also the squad I shoot on is a good group and not a bunch of FUDDS, most of them do or have shoot USPSA and mutigun in the past.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top