Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Having a perirectal abscess lanced and drained.  Fair warning, don't Google that.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Knee replacement surgery. First two weeks were hellish.
View Quote
This.
I had a kidney stone. 3 days.
I had L5/S1 fusion, meh.
I am on week 5 of a total knee replacement. Fuck me! First two weeks? I had muscle spasms so bad I went to the ER two nights in a row. I had about 60 Dalaudid, Flexeril, and about another 60 asst leftover oxy, etc at home. It took an injection  of Norflex and an oxy on top of the other shit I had taken to keep me from screaming.

Yep, Total knee replacement.

So far......
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Obama elected twice
View Quote
/thread
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
1. Toddler jumping on me while I was laying on my bed recovering from my vasectomy.
2. Completely tearing all three antieror ligaments in my right ankle when I fell while running.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sticking my dick in crazy.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been fucked up a lot, but the 1st thing that hurt me the most was getting all 10 of my toenails ripped off at the same time. The 2nd thing that hurt me the most was seeing my friend get his left nut ripped off climbing over a chain link fence when we were sneaking in the city pool to swim at night.

In our circle of friends I am known as Ol Tender Feet and my friend is known as One Ball Bert.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Pancreatitis caused by gallstones and the ensuing ruptured gallbladder. Horrible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Kidney stone.

But Dilaudid is a hell of a drug.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What was the most painful thing that has ever happened to you?

Definately a kidney stone. hands down. Being super constipated while i was prescribed pain meds after surgery was also a runner up.
View Quote
Kidney stone
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Another vote for corneal abrasion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I know kidney stones. I've had 3 or 4. Very, very bad. I had lithotripsy for one of them. Like nuts being crushed in a vice.

I also fell out of a 3rd story window and landed on my butt. I ruptured my Achilles running up the stairs. All bad.

But the worst pain I ever had was from blood vessels pressing on a cranial nerve in my brain:

Glosso-pharyngeal neuralgia off and on for years.

It was triggered by eating, swallowing, brushing my teeth, moving my tongue the wrong way, coughing, laughing, stretching, or just randomly. 3 to 5 minutes of horrible stabbing, electric shock pain in my throat. 20+ attacks a day, during the night, whenever.

The last time I had it, after 6 months I was ready to end it all, till I found a neurosurgeon to fix the problem.

Although it took many months to recover from the 2012 brain surgery (not sure I'm ever going to be the same!), the pain was gone and I had my life back. Every day is a blessing!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
doing CPR on my Dad while he died on me  a couple month ago has taken a lot of the sting out of most injuries I've taken over the years
View Quote
That's pretty tough, brother.  I hope I don't find myself in the same situation.  Stay strong.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Crushed right heel, broken sternum, fractured right wrist, an 5 smashed teeth...  All at the same time.  The worst is when the Dr. had to put my foot at a 90* angle to my leg and temp cast it.  I don't know how I didn't pass out.  That was a long painful year.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive been kicked in the balls, Cut, and had broken bones.  Worse pain I have ever felt was a Migraine that seriously had me contemplating eating a bullet.  Went to the ER and after 2 shots of Dilaudid, and 2 shots of Toridol, which did absolutely nothing for the pain, the ER doc said there was nothing they do.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When they gutted me, cut off over half my colon sewed the two remaining halves back together, pushed it all back in and stapled the 10 inch or so  cut in my abdomen shut with  23 staples.
View Quote
Pretty fucking awesome that you're still alive.  Thumbs up!
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Ripped my big toe nail off completely.

Hurt like hell.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I tore my pec off my chest, that wasnt terrible the surgery on the other hand was terrible. Once the nerve blocker wore off I wanted a bullet.

Tearing the lining of my lungs to my ribs sucked to, good thing I had a lot of beer in me or that wouldve been terrible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Spade Shovel thrown like a spear across the yard by my brother that took one bounce and ripped my big toenail clean off. You could hear the bloodcurdling scream for blocks. I couldn't walk for a week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Severely pinched and bound up nerve because of a disc in my lower back.............I couldn't walk because of the pain
View Quote
Spinal stenosis did it to me. I had to take a total of about 12-15 weeks off work on 3 occasions. Pain had me unable to walk sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Being scrubbed after sliding 130' on concrete at 70mph......

I thought the sponge scrubbing was epic, until they used the nylon brush....That was special for sure.

I can post pics
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Worst ever for me was a herniated disc where the cartilage pushed into a nerve in my back. Spent an afternoon feeling like my entire left leg was on fire. I don't recommend it. Since then, 10 years later now, the back of my left leg is numb. Obviously ended in some permanent nerve damage. I've mentioned it to several doctors over the years. They just scratch their heads.

I've had several kidney stones as well. Those were nothing in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Shingles started on my shoulder progressed down my arm to my fingertips....
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Multiple acute gout attacks, back to back over about four months.  Bed ridden in pain at 100, on a scale of 1 to 10, for weeks at a time.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
10 surgeries not a big issue
Dislocated shoulder,  hurt like a mother fucked for the first minute then not bad.
Ruptured appendix sucked but not horrible
Ruptured bowel really sucked but not horrible

pudendal nueralgia where my testes and penis felt like they were in a vice and being twisted, was the worst.

The hot stabbing knife to the penis sensation sucked too.

This went on for the better part of a year.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Well hell then...  After reading all the shit you folks have been through, it is clear I am a Grade A wuss...
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Herniated disc.  I was a cripple for a few months until I had surgery.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#27]
They had to remove my right eye to repair the oblique muscle.
Pain after they replaced it, and numbing wore off.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Either my 2 herniated discs or my complete right lung collapse and the chest tube to reinflae it
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Even though I have 4 feet worth of surgery scars, there are 2 kinds of people in this thread, those who have had gout and those who have not.

I didn't think it could be worse than having "normal" gout until I got knee gout the first time

I went to the ER the first time I got knee gout without knowing what it was. My knee was swollen the size of a softball, and bright red and hot to the touch. ER doc drained it confirmed gout and told me confirmed gout is automatic 10 on the pain scale. They give the good drugs after that.

Alupurinol works 100%.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Had busted bones and pins and and herniated discs with back spasms.

Physical pain ain't nothing compared to what you can feel inside.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Shattered heel. Glued it back together and used 8 screws and a plate in the process.
Still hurts and this happened in 1999.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I have had a knife go through my hand and out the other side, it wasn't even a fraction of as painful as losing a child.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Threw out my back.  I was amazed how thoroughly that incapacitated me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]
gout
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Bulging disc c6/c7 pressing on my left ulnar nerve.  I actually contemplated eating a bullet over the pain. For a year and a half before I finally got my disc replacement surgery, I never laid down. I slept sitting up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#36]
C5 hernia, I would have traded that for a kidney stone all day long!
At one point I tried to reach my 1911 to end it - I couldn't crawl....
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Copperhead bite.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Tie between lidocaine shots all in my face before getting stitched up and knocking my big toenail loose.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
People that listed a kidney stone have never done this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Running through a parking lot at night and my shin met a trailer hitch.
People that listed a kidney stone have never done this.
I’ve moved my truck 2” over doing that. Kidney stone ftw
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have been fucked up a lot, but the 1st thing that hurt me the most was getting all 10 of my toenails ripped off at the same time.
View Quote

How in the unholy blue fuck did you manage to do that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gout is by far the worst pain I have ever had. Broken femur shattered arm have nothing on fucking gout.
View Quote
Yup, and I’ve broken the same bones.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had multiple kidney stone attacks, some of which sent me to the ER for some strong muscle relaxants to help pass the stone and also stop the pain.

Dilaudid is a hell of a drug.

I'd rather have another kidney stone attack than experience some of the things I've read about here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Compound fractured right femur, fractured right tibia and fibula and tore right meniscus plus fractured the pinky finger on my right hand. All kinds of leg parts and pinky facing the wrong directions.

All at one time!!

That all really, really, really hurt!

Also ruptured my L5-S1 disc. That whole ordeal was AWESOME!!! Had a discectomy and laminectomy. Sucked!!

Then........broke the left L-1 thru L-5 Transverse Processes!!!

All have had their own STYLES OF PAIN!!!

Nothing above would even qualify as pain compared to what people who have lost a child experience.
View Quote
This.  Cannot imagine that kind of pain.  I’m Catholic to the core, but I can’t explain how God allows this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Have had knee surgery and my appendix removed.  Appy sucked bad the next morning because a vomited and had no pain meds given yet.

Vasectomy was real bad as my tubes were short and the MD had to really pull on them to do his work.  He apologized before he started and said it was going to be bad.  Makes me shiver to think about today.

But the worst was dropping a 10lb weight right on my big toe just where the nail meets the flesh.  Feet were bare.  That hurt so bad I passed out.  Not sure why.  It was as if my body said, nope that's all we can handle so shut it down.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lotta people never had a Kidney stone here.
View Quote
The only time I've ever seen my dad show pain,I do not want!!!

for me 8 broken ribs and broken collar bone from playing ragdoll at 60mph+/- down a fast smooth sand wash,all because some POS decided to dump his washing machine there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My son dying in a car crash. Hasn’t stopped hurting in 8 years
View Quote
I cannot imagine  
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#47]
My 4th and 5th back surgeries, lower back fusions.  Morphine did not even touch the pain.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Compound fracture of the right leg.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#49]
A kid in 2nd grade called me a poo poo face. I still have nightmares about it.

I shattered my 4th and 5th metacarpals punching a concrete wall, but the injury itself wasn’t that bad. When they manipulated my hand for x-rays and set it in a cast until my first surgery to repair it was worse. I thought that part was just support suck. But when the doctor asked me if the painkillers hadn’t kicked yet, I told him I didn’t get any, and he yelled at the nurse, I realized something was wrong.

It hurt but probably not anywhere near as bad as some of what I’ve read here. It’s just a hand - small bones
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Migraine.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top