Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2001 3:25:13 PM EDT
Went to the range today and wanted to try some new surplus ammo. I bought a bandolear of SS109 British Radway ammo. It shot well in the begining but as I started to fire a few rounds(20) the rifle wouldn't chamber a new round. Then the bolt wouldn't stay open on the last round. Firt I thought it was the mags. I couldn't understand why cause they were excellent mags. 2 factory colts and a factory Bushmaster. Colts were 9 rounds and Bushmaster was 10 rounds. These mags I used last week and not a problem. Well I had some 55 grain winchester new ammo. I tried it and the rifle was working fine. I was dumb founded. Well I thought it was the acu wedge. So I took it out and tried the rifle with both ammo. The rifle failed with the ss109 and worked well with the 55 winchesters. So I put the acu wedge back in and shot only with the winchester 55's, the rifle worked well with no flaws. Has anyone had this problem. I think the ss109 was a lighter load a didn't cycle the action.

The rifle was a bushmaster lower with a colt upper. I was trying out a new trigger on the bushmaster lower and I only had my colt to do it with.

By the way the trigger was a Compass lake engineering 2 stage trigger and worked very well. for 90 bucks installed you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read that the U.S. manufacture of SS109 was too hot for the brit L85's so they downloaded the rounds to function correctly in their rifles.

Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Post this in the amminition forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top