Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/20/2003 12:07:21 PM EDT
www.ufolab.info/chinesetroops.htm

The Chinese military is the largest in military in the world boasting a 200 million-man infantry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:08:59 PM EDT
they got 2 billion people
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:22:04 PM EDT
They can't do sh!t, though. They can only pick on little countries. When facing the big boys, they will crawl back into their hole.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:23:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tivoli410: they got 2 billion people
View Quote
[url]http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/china/agency/pla-orbat.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:23:53 PM EDT
We could set up a Naval armada around Taiwan and they might as well try to float them over on toy rafts. They don't have the logistic ability to do it now but from what I understand that will be different in 10 years or less.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:39:31 PM EDT
200 million troops? Considering the resourses of the Chinese gubment, Standing in single file and saluting those in non-straw hats would be the extent of their training.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:44:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 12:46:09 PM EDT by BushMeister]
The popoulation of china is about 1.3 billion. Due to birthing policies, a slight majority are male. Military manpower - military age: 18 years of age Military manpower - availability: males age 15-49: 363,050,980 (2000 est.) Military manpower - fit for military service: males age 15-49: 199,178,361 (2000 est.) Military manpower - reaching military age annually: males: 10,839,039 (2000 est.) The U.S.: Military manpower - military age: 18 years of age Military manpower - availability: males age 15-49: 70,502,691 (2000 est.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:50:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:58:50 PM EDT
200 million? Damn they could steam roll over Asia. I'm not so sure I'd count them out. After all they get first dibs on all the new Russian toys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:59:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mojo: They can't do sh!t, though. They can only pick on little countries. When facing the big boys, they will crawl back into their hole.
View Quote
They gave us a pretty good run in Korea. China scares the shit out of me. -They are starting to push their muscle a little. -They are afraid of no one. -Their economy and their industrial base is increasing rapidly, thanks to us. -Asia is a very unstable place and they are just waiting for the opportunity to fill in a power vacuum. -There are going to be a very large number of single males who have little or no chance of getting any poontang. -Geographically they have a border with much of Asia -they are working hard at developing a navy and improved missiles. Once again thanks to us, especially the Klintons. China will be the main threat to world peace in the future. N Korea doesn't do shit without China's knowledge and they both supply the middle east and terrorists with weapons. It is to their advantage to create instability and then sit back and look for openings. Might be the scariest country in a long, long time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:17:39 PM EDT
Revelation 9:13-16. Check it out. Before China made this claim everybody thought an army of 200 million was ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:23:37 PM EDT
Revelation 9 13The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns[1] of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:25:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Revelation 9:13-16. Check it out. Before China made this claim everybody thought an army of 200 million was ridiculous.
View Quote
Christians have been yapping about the possibilities of China being mentioned as a major player in EOTWAWKI scenarios for as long as I can remember...and it all stems from this one verse: The two hundred million man army. Interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:29:17 PM EDT
One word. Ohio. CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:33:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Revelation 9:13-16. Check it out. Before China made this claim everybody thought an army of 200 million was ridiculous.
View Quote
Christians have been yapping about the possibilities of China being mentioned as a major player in EOTWAWKI scenarios for as long as I can remember...and it all stems from this one verse: The two hundred million man army. Interesting stuff.
View Quote
Yes, it is indeed interesting to see prophecy being fulfilled today. It will be interesting to watch it continue to unfold. However, I read the back of the book- I know how it ends! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:01:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: Yes, it is indeed interesting to see prophecy being fulfilled today. It will be interesting to watch it continue to unfold. However, I read the back of the book- I know how it ends! [;)]
View Quote
Brother Brohawk, I do too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:21:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cold_Warrior: One word. Ohio. CW
View Quote
If you meant two words, Ohio Class, then you have struck upon the answer. That will thin them down a little bit. I fear fighting China there, but anywhere else we ought to be able to eventually acheive air superiority. Most of there fighter fleet is Korean era MiGs. Once we have the skies, the AC-130s will make the 2 million man army a thick red mud. I know, not that easy. But technology will be able to handle a mass assault like that. Think what a fleet of AC130s and B52s would have been able to accomplish at Cho-sin. Larry
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:27:31 PM EDT
Tom Clancy has a new book out called "The Bear and the Dragon". Gives you an insight about China and their economy. They scare the shit out of me. Different type of culture. I know it makes no difference but I always try and buy American vs. Chinese.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:35:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ohio:
View Quote
If you meant two words, Ohio Class, then you have struck upon the answer. [red]That will thin them down a little bit.[/red] I fear fighting China there, but anywhere else we ought to be able to eventually acheive air superiority. Most of there fighter fleet is Korean era MiGs. Once we have the skies, the AC-130s will make the 2 million man army a thick red mud. I know, not that easy. But technology will be able to handle a mass assault like that. Think what a fleet of AC130s and B52s would have been able to accomplish at Cho-sin. Larry
View Quote
More like the Atkins diet. CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:47:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By huggybro: Tom Clancy has a new book out called "The Bear and the Dragon". Gives you an insight about China and their economy. They scare the shit out of me. Different type of culture. I know it makes no difference but I always try and buy American vs. Chinese.
View Quote
"new book"????? Man, that came out like two or three years ago. Keep up with us here, buddy!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:47:31 PM EDT
They remember too well what happened to them in Korea, what happened when their army ran into Van Fleets "Meatgrinder" along the Kansas Line in 1951... a disaster that repeated itself in 1960 against India and 1979 against Vietnam. The PLA is primarally the worlds largest WELFARE program. And as such they cannot afford to equip even a portion of their units with modern weapons. They have difficulty moving more than a fraction of their force even WITHIN the country. They cannot even cross a few milies of water against resistance, as the continued survival of Roi and Namur islands as Taiwanese property proves. Against the matrix of M1/2/3's backed by M109, AH-64, A-10 and with the B1/2/52 fleet free now for CAS. That makes the Korean War Meatgrinder look like a fireworks show AND its portable, which the Korean one was not, and why we never went back north of the 48th Parallel.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:50:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cold_Warrior:
Originally Posted By Ohio:
View Quote
If you meant two words, Ohio Class, then you have struck upon the answer. Think what a fleet of AC130s and B52s would have been able to accomplish at Cho-sin. Larry
View Quote
More like the Atkins diet. CW
View Quote
Of course, after the dust setled they would have everyone surrounded.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:54:54 PM EDT
200 million troops is dead-on correct last time I heard. They also have the SKS mentality about the value of life. (Why issue good weapons like M4's when the average life expectancy of their foot soldier on the battlefield is something like 33 seconds?) They are trained to overrun thier enemy like ants. They will build bridges with bodies if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:59:24 PM EDT
I thought it was a little over 4 million men as of Sept. 11th (thats what was reported). I guess they could finance their military with their 3rd world economy and its great poverty stricken people.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:03:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pale_pony: 200 million troops is dead-on correct last time I heard. They also have the SKS mentality about the value of life. (Why issue good weapons like M4's when the average life expectancy of their foot soldier on the battlefield is something like 33 seconds?) They are trained to overrun thier enemy like ants. They will build bridges with bodies if necessary.
View Quote
They had to in 1951, and it was to no avail...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:14:59 PM EDT
If they can walk or ride to get there, then any objective is in danger. Yeah we got a lot of good stuff and a great technological advantage. It's the stuff that happens between the time they start moving and we can get our stuff there. Ain't nobody can stop the army of ants except us, and we gotta be willing. Was Clinton? Will the Prez aft GW?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:21:31 PM EDT
With that many men you have to look at it from a "bowling" point of veiw. Is it easier to know down 10 bowling pins or 1 bowling pin? Send in the new "Striker" military vehicle. problem solved! Iso
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:15:27 PM EDT
point to remember:RE:200 million man army. mass your men,and you will mass thier dead meaning:too many men in the same place with that large concentration of men,the effectiveness of just 1 bomb(of any kind)will increase a thousandfold.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:35:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By drjarhead:
Originally Posted By mojo: They can't do sh!t, though. They can only pick on little countries. When facing the big boys, they will crawl back into their hole.
View Quote
They gave us a pretty good run in Korea. China scares the shit out of me. -They are starting to push their muscle a little. -They are afraid of no one. -Their economy and their industrial base is increasing rapidly, thanks to us. -Asia is a very unstable place and they are just waiting for the opportunity to fill in a power vacuum. -There are going to be a very large number of single males who have little or no chance of getting any poontang. -Geographically they have a border with much of Asia -they are working hard at developing a navy and improved missiles. Once again thanks to us, especially the Klintons. China will be the main threat to world peace in the future. N Korea doesn't do shit without China's knowledge and they both supply the middle east and terrorists with weapons. It is to their advantage to create instability and then sit back and look for openings. Might be the scariest country in a long, long time.
View Quote
Plus there are a WHOLE lot of the little bastids. They shredded our ass in Korea. Strength in numbers. AB
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:15:03 PM EDT
I dont belive china would start any shit any time soon there ecoomy is to much based on making stuff for other countrys moment they pull anything major bye bye economy as everyone pulls out of china. Atleast thats the the way I look at it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:36:54 PM EDT
M.O.A.B. x howevermany needed = [kill]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:25:53 PM EDT
It's the "thousand year stare" that worries me. They think in terms of generations when making their goals, and march persistently toward them. There was a report recently, might have been pointed out here, that the chinese leadership were shocked at the ease with which we cut up Iraq's army. They supposedly are going to shift to a strategy more like ours, reducing manpower and focusing on modernization.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2003 9:52:56 PM EDT by UPD415]
Originally Posted By pale_pony: 200 million troops is dead-on correct last time I heard. They also have the SKS mentality about the value of life. (Why issue good weapons like M4's when the average life expectancy of their foot soldier on the battlefield is something like 33 seconds?) They are trained to overrun thier enemy like ants. They will build bridges with bodies if necessary.
View Quote
Agreed. I think too many people dismiss the Chinese due to our "advanced technological society." I just read somewhere (but I can't remember the source) that the chinese industrial base employs over 486 million people. As Stalin said- "Quantity has a quality all its own." Yes, they can easily field a 200 million man army.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:00:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By UPD415:
View Quote
Agreed. I think too many people dismiss the Chinese due to our "advanced technological society." I just read somewhere (but I can't remember the source) that the chinese industrial base employs over 486 million people. As Stalin said- "Quantity has a quality all its own." [red]Yes, they can easily field a 200 million man army.[/red]
View Quote
Makes for a target rich environment.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:11:28 AM EDT
Don't count on technology too much. It can always be defeated. My own hunch is that in the next big war that there will be alot of new advances for the infantry man. Comm units built into individual helmets, light weight armor, improved handheld SAMs and antitank weapons. All those expensive tanks and aircraft might be turned into scrap with cheap handheld weapons. Further, thanks to the stupidity, laziness and greed of America we are supplying the Chinese with US dolars and US technology. Expect them to take full advantage. In 10 years they are going to be a serious force to reckon with. Bad juju.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:28:21 AM EDT
Methinks the author is a little paranoid. Mexico probably let China do some desert training there or something, and they accidently crossed the border -- assuming the troops are there at all. Even if China has 200 million troops, it ain't like they're going to come pouring over our borders. It'd take forever and bankrupt their economy just to transport them all here by boat. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2003 6:38:24 AM EDT by mojo]
[b]
Originally Posted By drjarhead:
View Quote
They gave us a pretty good run in Korea.
View Quote
[/b] True, but it was half century ago. We are much farther along now than they are. [b]
China scares the shit out of me. -They are starting to push their muscle a little. [/b]
View Quote
I don't feel the same. When S really THF, China will not or can't handle all the technology that we have. We deal with advanced technology; they deal with sheer human number, and crude tech. Nowadays, advanced tech is king.
[b]-They are afraid of no one.
View Quote
[/b] IMO, they are afraid of us, but they don't want to admit it.[;)]
[b]-Their economy and their industrial base is increasing rapidly, thanks to us.
View Quote
[/b] But not as fast as us. Their economy is DEPENDIND on us, not the other way around. Going something like this: Hey, China. If you don't behave, or you act like an a**hole, I'll send my business elsewhere.
[b]-Asia is a very unstable place and they are just waiting for the opportunity to fill in a power vacuum.
View Quote
[/b] In Asia, China is the king, and their intention is well-known. That's why several other countries are trying to have a good relation with us, because of this threat.
[b]-There are going to be a very large number of single males who have little or no chance of getting any poontang.
View Quote
[/b] They can do to themselves or to each other.[;)] Sorry, can't resist. Just my couple pennies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:02:44 AM EDT
200 million is fine for a home guard but they do not have the fart of the beginings of the logistical prowess to project them more than 50 miles beyond their border. Takes a lot of Trucks, Planes, Gas, Food and Ships to move them. You can forget moving them by sea to the US as our Attack Subs would make shark food out of them 10 miles out of port.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:33:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2003 7:33:54 AM EDT by pale_pony]
I'm hearing a lot of "It can't happen here" postings in this thread. Fact is, if China is so overpopulated they don't mind thinning the herd while trying to expand their boundaries. The only good that I can see right now is that they are flexing their muscles at North Korea too over Korea's nuclear threats.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 9:00:44 AM EDT
Most of the naysayers here are referring to the PLA of 20, 30, or 50 years ago. For the past 10 years or so they have been in the largest modernization & buildup program ever. Of course, many of you know who we have to thank for that. Try reading "Year of the Rat: How Bill Clinton Compromised U.Sss. Security for Chinese Cash" by Timperlake and Trumplett. Also, Bill Gertz has written some informative stuff on the Chinese and the direction they have taken. I live near a port. Everyday there is a flow of containers marked "COSCO" flooding the highways. COSCO is the China Overseas Shipping Company, with ties to the PLA. Look at how our consumer market is flooded with cheap Chinese goods. Many reputable analysts (both American and Chinese) say that we will eventually get into a shooting war with China. It makes me look at Walmart as a giant funnel sending US cash to China. When the war comes our men will be shot at with bullets paid by the American consumer. What was it that Lenin said about us selling him the rope?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:11:49 AM EDT
Fuck it, I don't give a shit. Wal Mart has the best prices and they create jobs for our community.
Top Top