Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2003 8:38:55 AM EDT
There is this video hosted on a POS propagana anti bush site.  The soldier's carbine has an unusual foreend...what the heck is it?

www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5365.htm
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Unusual?

Unusual in that it doesn't have a vertical grip, a RIS/RAS/TAS, a laser, an AM/FM/MP3 player hung off of it.

It looked most like a standard A2 stock to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#2]
don't know, but I'm sure that was taken out of context.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They obviously chopped up the interview with the Marine to make it sound worse.... assholes.

The terrorist asshole that was just shooting at them would have "writhed in pain" until he was able to pick up his rifle and shoot back.  

What's sad is that it took the Marine several shots to hit a guy at what looked like about 50 yards.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not a carbine, that's why. It's a standard M16A2. The aspect ratio on the video seems quite out-of-whack when viewed on the web site, which tends to exaggerate the taper of the handguards, I think. That, plus the probable use of a very wide-angle lens during the footage showing the rifle, which would tend to exacerbate the perspective of the close-in items.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you guys read the responses under the movie?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe so many so-called combat veterans made a judgement about Marines on an obviously chopped video. I expect that shit from liberals, but from combat soldiers who should know to give fellow combat soldiers the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are out...That's what's distrubing.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#7]
On the webpage, they said the Iraqi was laying wounded next to his gun.  Looks like he was trying to get up and retrieve weapon, no signs of surrendering.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
yawn.... CNN...[rolleyes]....yawn.....Information Clearing house??? "News you won't find on CNN"....yawn.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
You gotta love the comment from the one guy insinuating that the Marine Capt. was a poque desk jockey.  I highly doubt the Marine Corps would assign anyone but a Combat Arms officer to the billet he is in.  This just shows the level of ignorance we are dealing with.

I find it extremely telling that we don't see what led up to that shooting, or any indication of the range involved.  Apparently, someone spotted those guys planting an IED.  In no way could they assume that the area was then secure enough to leave their perimeter to treat that guy - nor could they even tell at that range the extent of anyones injuries - all they could see was continued movement.  You shoot until the threat is eliminated.  They did - and it was damn good shooting (It is clear the camera's lense distorted the distances involved.)

What happened?  Well, a very sharp-eyed Marine spotted some terrorist scumbag trying to kill Americans, and a very sharp-shooting Marine killed him first.  OooRah, as they say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top