Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#1]
How Ironic....the skinny guys got the big mouths.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My 3rd year of medschool: Ob/Gyn.
450lb woman getting a D&C for menometrorraghia. Bullshit as her obesity was the cause of her problem. Anyway, the hospital bought a special bed for her and the most heavy duty "stirrups" that were available. Bed held up but the weight of her legs bent those stirrups like they were melting. Two med students held up her legs, one on each. [red]My job was to reach over her enormous gut to spread her labia apart[/red]--it wasn't easy. Should've realized then....
View Quote

DAAAAYUMMMM!!!! [puke]

I hope you were at MOPP level 4 for that mission, Doc!  You rate a combat "V" on your bushpilot wings. [lol]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I hate subsidizing anyone’s vice, you have to ask yourself, when does it end? Are you going to insist on higher health insurance premiums for those who ride motorcycles? How about those who river raft? Gun owners? I mean, those individuals don’t have to ride motorcycles or endanger their lives on the river or shooting, do they? Why should I subsidize their stupid recklessness? They can stop anytime they like. It’s as easy as putting down that Big Mac, right?
View Quote
There should be NO payout for injuries or illness related to the activity/condition.  
Get fat: the medical bills fall on you.  Smoke: the medical bills fall on you.
View Quote

So if you're at the range & shoot yourself in the foot, you're going to pay for that out of pocket?  Do you have any other dangerous hobbies?  What about riding a bicycle and you ride out into traffic and get smacked?
As I said, my most dangerous activity is riding a motorcycle, and my auto policy has a medical rider for me and a passenger if I get into a wreck.  Most likely though that money would be used for two funerals around here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As much as I hate subsidizing anyone’s vice, you have to ask yourself, when does it end? Are you going to insist on higher health insurance premiums for those who ride motorcycles? How about those who river raft? Gun owners? I mean, those individuals don’t have to ride motorcycles or endanger their lives on the river or shooting, do they? Why should I subsidize their stupid recklessness? They can stop anytime they like. It’s as easy as putting down that Big Mac, right?
View Quote
There should be NO payout for injuries or illness related to the activity/condition.  
View Quote

So if you're at the range & shoot yourself in the foot, you're going to pay for that out of pocket?  Do you have any other dangerous hobbies?  What about riding a bicycle and you ride out into traffic and get smacked?
As I said, my most dangerous activity is riding a motorcycle, and my auto policy has a medical rider for me and a passenger if I get into a wreck.  Most likely though that money would be used for two funerals around here.
View Quote
No increase in rates means no payout.  Increase in rates enables a payout.  The math profiles the necessity of one (increase in rates, payout for illness) or the other (no increase, no payout).
My most dangerous activity is reading.  I'll call you if I get a paper cut.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont think any of those here think our shit dont stink.  But there are excesses that are out of control. I bet about 70-80% of out health problems are directly related to our diet and health habits.  Do you really need to eat fast food for lunch everyday?  Look at how many calories are in a 20 oz of pop.  A couple of those and you might as well eaten a snickers bar.

OH the fat ladies!  Jarhead, I know the pain, official labia spreader. I had to check this woman 450+ in labor.  My fingers and arms are not that long.  Yup 2 med student effort.  One on each leg pulling them apart as far they will go. I am gowned head to toe.  I needed a board tied to my ass so I wouldnt fall in.  These guys were straining!  One hurt his arm and was taking meds ths next day.  Thank God my shift ended and I could leave.  But I stuck around to watch. My classmate ended up cutting her. She was so big the OR bed couldnt handle the weight.  They had to leave her on the regular bed.  It was like surgery long distance style.  You had to reach over and stretch. It was amazing.  We attached curlex to her belly with towel clips and the med students had to lean back.  The dudes looked like they were waterskiing.  I will NEVER forget that sight!  
View Quote

I don't know. There's something about a doctor posting the above, that makes my skin crawl. I bet if I showed your post to every medical professional I know, not one of them would laugh, or even smile.
View Quote

I showed it to my wife, who IS a medical professional (family physician), and she laughed her ass off, while saying, "Yep, I've had to do that, too....."
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say it:

Fat people suck!!!!

Wobbly assed,aisle clogging, tent dress wearing, gut hanging over their belt, I hope they die significantly earlier, FAT PEOPLE!!!

Put down the buffalo wings!!!!!
DON"T EVER supersize anything- ever again!!!!
Cheese in NOT a vegetable.
Remember walking farther then 50 ft at a time???? Good!! Try it again.
View Quote

Normal behaviour there Doc?
View Quote

What's wrong??? You a fat ass or sumpthin'????

I don't give a fuck about fat slobs. I live in the fattest city in the country. Fuck all you nasty fat azzes!!!!
Too fucking stupid to realize how badly they're fucking themselves - and all of us at the same time...
Or am I supposed to be understanding about it??? It's not their fault-- they might have a medical problem......ad nauseum.....wtfe....
fat people ar nasty.
get of your ass and learn how to eat a decent diet.
View Quote

Not really fat just don't give a shit for people who wish other people dead!  

Who elected any of you guys to choose who lives or dies or how anyone should live their life in your image by your standards. IMHO, this is not what this country is founded on and your comments do not represent the American way of live and let live.

As far as fucking us.......I'll gladly compare tax schedules with anyone who's out there bitching about being screwed. I pay my own insurance not my company and have never welched on dept. How many of you can say that?

You all talk about who needs health care but yet never address the real cause which is rising costs of healthcare and those who don't pay their own way. Now here's something to bitch about.

No I don't consider myself fat but I do consider myself an American and will defend the right for a person to be who they are and not condemn them for not being in my image of perfection. If I did you dead beats and people haters would be in deep shit. This is what this country was founded on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Cast your stones at this time of Christmas for I know you all think yourselves better than Christ himself and have no faults or you would not be bitching about those of others.

You guys need to write down just how you think people should live then move to California and pass the laws. You can then march anyone who doesn't fit your image of the "Way to Live" into a gas chamber.  

....and Merry Christmas to you all too.

Tj

Sidebar: Doublefeed buddy you need to get out more!  BTW, rates should really climb for couch potato's. LOL [:D]

edited: To remove references to Nazi's in regards to people wanting to see overweight people dead per request of the Mods.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

View Quote
No increase in rates means no payout.  Increase in rates enables a payout.  The math profiles the necessity of one (increase in rates, payout for illness) or the other (no increase, no payout).
My most dangerous activity is reading.  I'll call you if I get a paper cut.
View Quote

You need to get out more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a good thing that I'm not obese, because I'm really going to enjoy RipMeyer's gift exchange present.

This thread was becoming rather [b]morbid[/b], so I thought I'd [b]lighten[/b] things up.

[img]junior.apk.net/~scotts/gift2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say it:

Fat people suck!!!!

Wobbly assed,aisle clogging, tent dress wearing, gut hanging over their belt, I hope they die significantly earlier, FAT PEOPLE!!!

Put down the buffalo wings!!!!!
DON"T EVER supersize anything- ever again!!!!
Cheese in NOT a vegetable.
Remember walking farther then 50 ft at a time???? Good!! Try it again.
View Quote

Normal behaviour there Doc?
View Quote

I don't give a fuck about fat slobs. I live in the fattest city in the country. Fuck all you nasty fat azzes!!!!
Too fucking stupid to realize how badly they're fucking themselves - and all of us at the same time...
Or am I supposed to be understanding about it??? It's not their fault-- they might have a medical problem......ad nauseum.....wtfe....
fat people ar nasty.
View Quote

Not really fat just don't give a shit for people who wish other people dead! Did getting the swastika tattoo hurt?

View Quote

Mr. 'Jefferson': Your assumption of that name is troubling at the very least.

I do not support anyone that would consume excessive amount of calories, causing them to balloon into caricatures of human beings.
It's very common in my city, for an office to have diabetics as 30% of it's workforce. Type 2 diabetes is a lifestyle disease. You get it from not eating properly, and from not exercising. These same people will continue to stuff their face with the unhealthiest crap - even when presented with viable option.
Ever see two 350 sisters having to schedule their work around hospital and doctor visits????

You stoop to referring to people here as nazis because they dare to have a different opinion then yours.

If you feel that one way you can contribute to your country, is to be an overweight, short of breath, shuffling along semi-invalid- by all means - carry on.

If you feel that that is how your maker designed you to be- with big bellies, and clogged arteries and multiple chins- more power to you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I do pay extra for my bike.  Granted I choose to, but I do pay extra.
Also, I know people that have ridden motorcycles their whole lives and never had a hospital-trip accident.  Same goes for lots of other "extreme" activities.  I've never met or heard of a tubbo that doesn't require two or three times the trips to the dr. every year.
View Quote

I don't buy it. I'm sure there are many overweight people who require no more routine medical care than anyone else. That's not to say they will not have problems later in life, of course.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, if the words Black, Latino, Muslem, etc, were substituted for Fat or Obese, this thread would be locked and more than one member banned.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

"Should" and reality don't often coincide.

Deer hunting accident: the medical bills fall on you.
Bicycle accident: the medical bills fall on you.
Fall off the ladder painting your house: the medical bills fall on you (should of hired a professional).
Junior shoots his eye out with a bb-gun: the medical bills fall on you (improper supervision).

Where does it end?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont think any of those here think our shit dont stink.  But there are excesses that are out of control. I bet about 70-80% of out health problems are directly related to our diet and health habits.  Do you really need to eat fast food for lunch everyday?  Look at how many calories are in a 20 oz of pop.  A couple of those and you might as well eaten a snickers bar.

OH the fat ladies!  Jarhead, I know the pain, official labia spreader. I had to check this woman 450+ in labor.  My fingers and arms are not that long.  Yup 2 med student effort.  One on each leg pulling them apart as far they will go. I am gowned head to toe.  I needed a board tied to my ass so I wouldnt fall in.  These guys were straining!  One hurt his arm and was taking meds ths next day.  Thank God my shift ended and I could leave.  But I stuck around to watch. My classmate ended up cutting her. She was so big the OR bed couldnt handle the weight.  They had to leave her on the regular bed.  It was like surgery long distance style.  You had to reach over and stretch. It was amazing.  We attached curlex to her belly with towel clips and the med students had to lean back.  The dudes looked like they were waterskiing.  I will NEVER forget that sight!  
View Quote

I don't know. There's something about a doctor posting the above, that makes my skin crawl. I bet if I showed your post to every medical professional I know, not one of them would laugh, or even smile.
View Quote

Guy, I'm a medical professional, and hang around medical professionals every day. If you think shit like this isn't common conversation, you're wrong.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Actually, if the words Black, Latino, Muslem, etc, were substituted for Fat or Obese, this thread would be locked and more than one member banned.
View Quote

I am 100% certain that is the case. Fat people and smokers are the last "bashable" members of our society. Where are the moderators when you need them? [;)]

However, you bring up an important point. Blacks are prone to certain diseases by virtue of their race. Sickle Cell, hypertension, etc. Should Blacks be barred from group health plans? Should they pay an additional premium?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
First off, Hmmmmmm! Pork products!

It would be more fair to everyone to be charged for risk factors.  If we like guns and have to pay extra for possible injuries, so be it. Its the cost of the hobby we enjoy. But the other side is also true.  Then smokers, obese people, drinkers all need to be charged more.  People who take care of themselves should be given a discount.  High risk=high cost.

What really breaks my heart is about one of my patients.  She is a single mom.  A pretty good mom from what I can see. She works some mean hours at night as a waitress. She tries to be at home during the day for the kids.  She makes just enough to get by.  But too much for Medicaid.  Then I see fat lazy slobs who never work get anything they want. What is really sad is that they think they are entitled to all the medical care they want for free. They are also the first to sue for anything.  Medicaid was meant for the first case. She needs some minor surgery but she cant afford it. I waived my fees and the hospital cut theirs in half but its still a lot of money for her.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The thing to consider is the actual amout of calories required to maintain that kind of body weight. I dont care how SLOW your metabolism is.  A certain amount is required to keep cells alive.  [red]Now most of these people are considered disabled. Guess who picks up the tab for their care.[/red]
View Quote

In a rare flash of intelligence, the Social Security Administration deleted the listing for obesity a couple of years ago. Morbid obesity can still be found to be a disabling condition, but it's not the slam-dunk allowance it used to be.

Now if we could only do something about the fibromyalgia drama queens...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I am 100% certain that is the case. Fat people and smokers are the last "bashable" members of our society. Where are the moderators when you need them? [;)]
View Quote
Sorry, I was stuffing my face with the fattiest chili I could find, and I found some cigarettes in the drawer.
Life is good.  When's the last time you bashed yourself?  Lemme tell ya, it REALLY does warp the fabric of space/time [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Sorry, I was stuffing my face with the fattiest chili I could find, and I found some cigarettes in the drawer.
Life is good.  When's the last time you bashed yourself?  Lemme tell ya, it REALLY does warp the fabric of space/time [:D]
View Quote

Looks like I struck a nerve. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would be more fair to everyone to be charged for risk factors.  If we like guns and have to pay extra for possible injuries, so be it. Its the cost of the hobby we enjoy. But the other side is also true.  Then smokers, obese people, drinkers all need to be charged more.  People who take care of themselves should be given a discount.  High risk=high cost.
View Quote

I'm all for this, but how to you determine it?  Do you actually have to show proof of excercise?  There are lots of people that can sit around stuffing their face more that the tubbos and not gain an ounce.  I would bet that they're not exactly healthy in terms of cholestorol etc.  So do we score people's insurance risk based on bloodwork & voluntary disclosure of dangerous activities?  If you lie about your activities, you're not covered?  Who pays if someone goes for a 5 minute ride on my motorcycle and gets hurt?  What about that guy from work you take shooting and winds up missing an arm?  Or that whitewater rafting trip you take on vacation one year?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

fat people ar nasty.
View Quote

[b]1.) Respect your fellow gun owners by not posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious or sexual nature. This includes your username and signature line. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit signature lines and posts that contain references, pictures or links to nudity, pornography,women wearing bikini's,halter tops,wet t-shirts,short shorts,thongs,flags,body painting,etc, animal cruelty, racism, sexism, etc.[/b]

Oops, no mention of fat asses and smokers.

Bash to your little heart's content! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, if this kind of showing against each other is the best you can do, how do you think you have a prayer of winning a debate against the leftists?
I think it is time to shut this one down.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top