Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 10:43:57 AM EDT
I've been listening to a lot of left wing propaganda about how mankind is a slave to the day to day task of survival, and the job of society is to provide for his day to day needs.  This so he is able to free himself and pursue the arts and sciences to new, unprecedented heights.
However, I am still hearing the propaganda about the need for man to free himself, but the slavemaster is now the corporation, not nature.
The false premise is the notion that mankind can free himself, in the purest sense of the word.  That is: The task of surviving is performed automatically for mankind.
That expectation cannot be so, for obvious reasons.
I have come to the conlusion that slavery really is inevitable.  Simply put: whatever you depend on so heavily as to be unable to live without it, or not have to pay attention to, enslaves you.
Naturally, all of this is abiding by the unwritten rule of the left: frame everything in the terms of the victimized and the victimizer.
Double(TooMuchCaffeine)Feed
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#1]
We are slaves to oxygen! Oooohh, woe--is--us...

The left doesn't complete the story, as while it believes being a 'slave' to a coporation is bad, being a 'slave' (same definition) to a government is acceptable and equitable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We are slaves to oxygen! Oooohh, woe--is--us...

The left doesn't complete the story, as while it believes being a 'slave' to a coporation is bad, being a 'slave' (same definition) to a government is acceptable and equitable.
View Quote
Bingo [:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget that 50% of humanity is already a slave to women for [sex]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been listening to a lot of left wing propaganda about how mankind is a slave to the day to day task of survival, and the job of society is to provide for his day to day needs.  This so he is able to free himself and pursue the arts and sciences to new, unprecedented heights.
However, I am still hearing the propaganda about the need for man to free himself, but the slavemaster is now the corporation, not nature.
The false premise is the notion that mankind can free himself, in the purest sense of the word.  That is: The task of surviving is performed automatically for mankind.
I have come to the conlusion that slavery really is inevitable.  Simply put: whatever you depend on so heavily as to be unable to live without it, or not have to pay attention to, enslaves you.
Naturally, all of this is abiding by the unwritten rule of the left: frame everything in the terms of the victimized and the victimizer.
View Quote

Man, you're a space cadet. Do you use drugs?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
the slavemaster is now the corporation, not nature.
View Quote

It sounds like your Christmas bonus at work was a little disappointing this year.

It's easy to feel like a wage slave when you have to work all you can to make ends meet, so I know where you're coming from.z
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This so he is able to free himself and pursue the arts and sciences to new, unprecedented heights.
View Quote

And they're right about this. I have personally observed members of the underclass, freed by government largesse from the weary round of labor, perfecting the art of twisting a spliff and the science of cooking crack.

The false premise is the notion that mankind can free himself, in the purest sense of the word.  
View Quote

In a more serious vein, it is this materialist belief in the perfectibility of man that unites all the most horrific failures of state intervention in daily life, including the Nazi state, the Stalinist state, and the regime of the Khmer Rouge.

View Quote

The highest and best of Western civilization has always looked at the goal of decent life as liberation from slavery. The Roman ideal of manly virtue was complete indifference to the vicissitudes of life; to be equally unmoved by glorious adulation and by ignominious defeat, deriving satisfaction only from one's personal honor and devotion to duty. Christianity holds that we are not to be conformed to this world, but rather to live for and by the precepts of an unchanging Kingdom which counts as nothing all that men by nature most vigorously seek. The essence of a worthy life is the constant struggle against the slavery of which you speak. That slavery is a mere fact of life, like gravity. The business of worthy living is to overcome it and fly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

......and ENCOURAGED and RESPECTED!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]
A friend of mine (daily I use that term more and more loosely) once read a book with a similar theme, and thought enough to say "It talks about how we are all slaves to society, [b]corporations[/b] and stuff, you'd probably like it"

So I give him a hearty "WTF" and ask "So just because I'm black I would probably enjoy a book about slavery"?

He was dumbfounded for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Good read Doublefeed. Im currently working on writing a screenplay that resembles that thought.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
How did you come to that conclusion, just because you don't understand what I'm talking about?
Should I have BTT'd the Spock poem? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
How did you come to that conclusion, just because you don't understand what I'm talking about?
Should I have BTT'd the Spock poem? [:D]
View Quote

I understand what you're saying I just think it's funny when you come out of leftfield with some your posts, considering some of the other topics out there in GD. I love it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I [i]always[/i] come out of leftfield [;D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hence their goal to have us all enslaved. After all, to be "equal" and for this to work, we must all be equally enslaved.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#14]
The large international conglomerates need slaves(workerbees) to proliferate/expand their grasp on their market target. Food , clothing(to stay warm, NOT FAD HILLIFILGERS) and shelter......their all "CARTELS"[;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
We are nearly all a slave to something, either work or famaily.  Yes I could sell everything I got except for a few things, but there really isnt anywhere you can go and survive and live on your on these days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a slave to all the people that make good money but have no small people skills!

You have better cognance skills and in many or most times better education levels than I!

So I in turn trade my skills for your skills(making money)!

And thats how the world turns,really just a big barter system!
 Yes Aimless and Doublefeed will sometimes make Willie Nelson say (what the fuug did he just say ) kiss me quick pauline I'll be late again tonight!

Bob (the slave) [:D]
Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Doublefeed,

That's just a bunch weak minded left wing drivel!

No one here, at least those who live in the USA, is a slave!  A slave is someone who has no real ability to choose, at any moment we can choose not to do the things were doing to keep surviving.  We can quit our jobs leave our families, we can do whatever we want.  There are no chains or armed gunmen holding us where we are!  

What we are doing is being [b]MEN[/b] and owning up to our responsibilities and taking care and providing for our family and ourselves.  A.K.A. "Doing the right thing!"

All this "We're all slaves..."  mumbo jumbo is bullshit from lazy assholes who don't want to take responsibility over their lives and make something better of themselves.  It's the kind of thing those manbitch losers at DU sit around whining all day about.

Be a man among men and take care things and handle the shit!

Thus endth the sermon...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A friend of mine (daily I use that term more and more loosely) once read a book with a similar theme, and thought enough to say "It talks about how we are all slaves to society, [b]corporations[/b] and stuff, you'd probably like it"

So I give him a hearty "WTF" and ask "So just because I'm black I would probably enjoy a book about slavery"?

He was dumbfounded for the rest of the day.
View Quote

[ROFL]

I would have paid cash money, to see the look on that racist assholes face, in those moments the conversation took place!!!   [nuts]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Doublefeed,

No one here, at least those who live in the USA, is a slave!  A slave is someone who has no real ability to choose, at any moment we can choose not to do the things were doing to keep surviving.  We can quit our jobs leave our families, we can do whatever we want.  

View Quote

Try that and see what happens. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I [i]always[/i] come out of leftfield [;D]
View Quote

Too slow for center field, too weak an arm for right, too chicken to play the infield, but too highly paid to sit on the bench.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Hence their goal to have us all enslaved. After all, to be "equal" and for this to work, we must all be equally enslaved.
View Quote

AND, they have found a way to do it. They NOW, largely control...

1) Politics
2) Courts
3) Education
4) Corporations, and Banking

They are accomplishing their goals, by War, and "Globalization".

"Globalization", is another term, for bringing the US to Third World levels, using..
1) War
2) Trade agreements (Read job exportation)
3) Unregulated Borders (Increasing internal tension)
4) "Dumbing down" the American people, using education, and the media.

As you look around, you can see, they have pretty much wrapped it up.

Just a few "loose ends" left to go...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

AND, they have found a way to do it. They NOW, largely control...

1) Politics
2) Courts
3) Education
4) Corporations, and Banking
View Quote

The courts are where they really have us by the balls. No check or balance on the courts so they can gavel veto anything we attempt to do.
Biggest mistake in the Constitution.

By controlling education they attempt to control the thinking of future generations.

Just a few "loose ends" left to go...
View Quote

Those would be us.
Lock 'n load...
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#23]
man is not a SLAVE to any corporation. We are slaves to comfort. I can quit IBM anytime i damn well please. What i can't do is find a job that provides me the same salary to maintian my "comfort level".

mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Doublefeed,

That's just a bunch weak minded left wing drivel!

No one here, at least those who live in the USA, is a slave!  A slave is someone who has no real ability to choose, at any moment we can choose not to do the things were doing to keep surviving.  We can quit our jobs leave our families, we can do whatever we want.  There are no chains or armed gunmen holding us where we are!  

What we are doing is being [b]MEN[/b] and owning up to our responsibilities and taking care and providing for our family and ourselves.  A.K.A. "Doing the right thing!"

All this "We're all slaves..."  mumbo jumbo is bullshit from lazy assholes who don't want to take responsibility over their lives and make something better of themselves.  It's the kind of thing those manbitch losers at DU sit around whining all day about.

Be a man among men and take care things and handle the shit!

Thus endth the sermon...
View Quote

I think the human "power of denial" is kicking-in on you. I say this because while we may not be slaves it certainly seems to me that we are sharecroppers. I'm referring to the bizarre income tax that we pay and, at least for those who work for somebody, that fact that the feds/state have first pickings on the fruit of our labor.  Consider some definitions of the term "slavery". IMO, one of the attributes of slavery is that some "master" has the "right" to some/all of the fruits of the slaves' labor. Clearly, that is what we presently work under.

My wife and I started our own company (LLC) about 18 months ago. We have no employees...it's just her and I.  As soon as we got our tax ID from the state, we received an onslaught of paperwork from both the state and the feds outlining all the withholding we had to do for our employees (even though we don't have any). It was a real eye-opener.

I'm of the view that given the seizure of the "fruits of our labor" (aka wealth) by the gov't, that we are in fact either sharecroppers or slaves.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with voluntary taxes (eg. salex taxes) and I have no problem with paying for services/goods that I consume...I am a strong proponent of a strong national defense...I'm not looking to skate..., but our current system makes us all slaves to one degree or another.

Given this then (our slavery) what shall we do? I suggest working within existing laws to "change the system". It's doable...but it's not probably going to happen when the slaves are fairly happy and content.  My own approach has been to work with the folks at [url]www.fairtax.org[/url].

My .02 (post-tax) worth,
Kevin
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Are we taking a philosophy class this semester??  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are we taking a philosophy class this semester??  [:D]
View Quote
Believe it or not, I actually am not taking a philosophy class this semester.
May God have mercy on this site when I do [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top