Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2003 10:04:02 AM EDT
I stopped by yesterday to say hello and I was going to get them a DVD player because they have some shitty vcr. Anyways I bring it up and they start saying "oh those things look so hard to use" "whats a dvd, is that the same as a CD"

what a pita I think my dad is going to end up with a box of .45 JHP's
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:12:15 AM EDT
if your dad shoots you got it easy, everyone likes ammo!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:13:50 AM EDT
No kidding. Every year it's the same thing: "We've reached that age where we just don't need anything." That doesn't make it any easier to shop for them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:17:50 AM EDT
Just show them the "play", "stop", "rewind", "forward" buttons, then gradually, ease them into "complicate" features.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:18:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 11:04:25 AM EDT by guns762]
I hate Christmas for this very reason. My dad is impossible to shop for. If he doesn't have it, he doesn’t want it. I can always tell when he does not like what I got him. He is a horrible actor. He always asks for the receipt too. "Do you mind if I take this back and get...such and such?" I always feel like I failed getting him gifts. What do you get the guy who has everything, can afford anything, and anything he doesn’t have, he doesn't really want? Oh, the fun. He got a pair of insulated elk skin gloves this year! Probably the wrong size!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:20:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: if your dad shoots you got it easy, everyone likes ammo!
View Quote
Except my dad....who reloads. Yup, tried that one year.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:49:21 AM EDT
Why don't you just get them a gift card, so they can get what they want. I have the same problem with my dad, I am so tired of buying MY OWN father underwear that I could just barf. Not to mention, I just don't think its right to make your child buy you underwear! Get your own damn underwear. Think of their hobby, and go from there. For your mother, get her a really nice candle and holder. You can't go wrong there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:10:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: if your dad shoots you got it easy, everyone likes ammo!
View Quote
I'm one of those if I want it I work for it save and buy it types too so impossible to buy for. This is what I tell anyone who insists on buying me a gift. Seriously, Tj
Top Top