User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Movie was garbage!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Lazy writing IMO.

Good gun play, good filming. Lazy writing.

Like most of the Netflix's stuff. It's almost there... But they can't seem to hit on all 8 cylinders.

They had the cast, the idea, the filming down... Fell flat, hard, on the writing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys VOLUNTARILY give money to the Obamas???
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/88145/2klqd1_jpg-876470.JPG
Truth hurts?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope, my subscription pre-dates those events. You voluntarily use ALL CAPS to convey emotions?
View Quote
Not emotions.  ALL CAPS is text for SHOUTING.  You didn't know that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, my subscription pre-dates those events. You voluntarily use ALL CAPS to convey emotions?
Shhh, we're right here man...
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't need to type in all caps to convey my fucking outrage.  This is a good movie so far.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Lazy writing IMO.
View Quote
This, in a nutshell.

Great cast, good gun play, except it seems like they recruited castoff writers from The Walking Dead.  Movie had soooo much potential, but really fell flat once they actually started the heist.

I will say this, though, ending was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the soundtrack was badass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The movie was okay but so much of seemed to let me down. For all of them being so "high speed," they made a lot of stupid decisions.

Spoilers...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They were probably seals...needed material to write a book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The movie was okay but so much of seemed to let me down. For all of them being so "high speed," they made a lot of stupid decisions.

Spoilers...

Click To View Spoiler
They were probably seals...needed material to write a book.
Army sticker on Ben Affleck truck and one of the guy singing an Army cadence.

Attention to detail man
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Spoilers...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
That'd be a boring movie .
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
it entertained me
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:23:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok. Preview looks decent.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I liked it, the two hours went by quick.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got done watching it. It was good. Kind of a Kelly’s Heroes, that turns into a shit sandwich.

Anybody else pick up on Jax Teller’s Glook shirt? I had my G19.5 by me, while I watched it.

Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It starts out decent, then it gets dumber as the movie progresses.

Nothing wrong with the acting, just piss poor examples of writing like Affleck's character taking a 180 at the drop of a hat for no reason other than to advance the plot.
View Quote
His character didn't take a 180.

He knew exactly who he was.... and he was struggling with that all along.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I liked it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:34:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Just finished watching it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#20]
If anyone says this movie ain't good you smoking crack.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:57:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Pretty cool flick
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Pretty entertaining.
I didn't see any guns without sights so that's pretty neat.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Just finished it, thought it was very entertaining. The ending was but then it was
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No NOD's and No Suppressors was criminal
View Quote
Not sure how technical they were trying to be, but the guy who ran the op did say it was all sourced "in-country."

Suppressors and NOD's might be a bitch to find on the black market down there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:02:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm in...the director did A Most Violent Year? I loved that movie. Looks like I got my friday night figured out.

ETA - I can't get past those M4 stocks in the trailer lol  And netflix movies always disappoint but I'll see.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:03:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Spoilers...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I didn't even think of that as a plan...but yes!!! They had 250mil! You don't need that much split 5 ways just to live comfortably! Overloading the helo was flat stupid.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 2:06:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pretty entertaining.
I didn't see any guns without sights so that's pretty neat.
View Quote
Oh did the ones with Eotechs have BUIS?

In all seriousness i'm going to give them props for actually showing an Eotech reticle instead of like an H58 over thermal or whatever stupid bullshit Hollywood normally does.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Just finished it.  A fun flick.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:41:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just finished it.  A fun flick.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Plan to watch it this weekend
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#31]
You lost me at Ben Affleck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#32]
The planning was not super good. And the forgoing of any kind of suppressors or NODs was dumb. But overall I really enjoyed the movie. Even Ben Affleck, who I can't stand, wasn't bad in it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm no movie critic like most of GD...I liked the movie as it wasn't like most movies over watched.

Ending opens the doors for part 2.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I really enjoyed it. I didn't see the plot twists coming the way they did.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Further proof that if you see a movie released on Netflix that has big name stars in it you can count on it being mediocre at the very best.

I thought the movie was decent till about the half way point. At which time it went full on Fonzi over the shark tank.

Waste of a solid cast and beautiful location.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#36]
My wife and I watched it last night. We enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#37]
I liked it, the opening was great. Like others have said the writing could have been improved. Great cast though.  I got the feeling they were Batt boys or Army SF.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Thought it was a good watch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#39]
You guys entertain too easily, then you wonder why the theaters are full of garbage. Nearly the whole movie was setup, and dragged out setup at that, with about 4-5 mins in the house, bad guy has about 1 min of screen time mean mugging the delivery chick, then getting shot. The house area was shot poorly b/c the location was dark. Then the whole escape was face palm bad with the Helicopter. The only get this movie had was the actors, swap them out and you nearly have a d list straight to Cinemax action bomb.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Watched it last night.  From the previews I thought it was going to be more of a running gun battle type movie.  I liked it overall though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#41]
I liked it. It was left open for a sequel too.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#42]
It was entertaining.  Guns looked good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You guys entertain too easily, then you wonder why the theaters are full of garbage. Nearly the whole movie was setup, and dragged out setup at that, with about 4-5 mins in the house, bad guy has about 1 min of screen time mean mugging the delivery chick, then getting shot. It was house area was shot poorly b/c the location was dark. Then the whole escape was face palm bad with the Helicopter. The only get this movie had was the actors, swap them out and you nearly have a d list straight to Cinemax action bomb.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just finished. I recommend it, the environment is beautiful. Effects were on point.

Affleck uses an eotech and oh shit! They got it right.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/405668/image_jpg-875943.JPG

Although that thermal drift from jungle to mountain
View Quote
Ha, bullshit. The dot in the Eotech is actually round instead of some fuzzy oblong turd.
Fucking astigmatism.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I didn't even think of that as a plan...but yes!!! They had 250mil! You don't need that much split 5 ways just to live comfortably! Overloading the helo was flat stupid.
View Quote
that little piece of paper at the end...
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:39:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I liked it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't a bad way to waste a couple hours.

For the folks nit-picking about the planning of the operation, especially the lack of NVG's, suppressors, or a back up ex-fil plan, you have to remember these guys were a bit out of their element. Yeah, they were supposed to be elite SOF guys, but they were completely on their own. They didn't have the unlimited budgets and logistics tails of the DoD and/or CIA available to them.

They sourced weapons, ammo, and equipment in country, on the black market. They had to take what they could get. They didn't have DUSTOFF available if they got hit, nor did they own the helicopter or boat. They were renting them and were on a schedule. Digging a big ass hole to bury money at the airport would have taken time, which they didn't have. It would have allowed the bad guy's forces to possibly get there while they were digging. Additionally, they may have missed their rendezvous with the boat.

As for the lack of planning beyond the recon, assault, and immediate ex-fil, that's not really surprising, either. We're talking about a retired after 20-years Army Captain (O-3), a pilot (probably a CW2-3), and several former NCO's. While they would have plenty experience writing OPORDERS, doing MDMP (Military Decision Making Process for you civilians), briefing missions, and executing those missions, don't forget they're not the guys who have had the responsibility of planning everything beyond their pieces of the pie. They would have had a lot of other folks contributing to those OPORDERS. Without those other players, their plans are only going to be as good as their own experiences. If they'd never spent time in a staff billet, they may not have the experience necessary to include some things. They'll know it's missing, because they won't see it in their plans, but they might not know how to gather the information to formulate that part of the plan. Remember, SF doesn't put together the flight plans for the USAF C-17's who get them into theater.

Going back to the part about Ben Affleck's character and his career, why was he a Captain after twenty years? In SF, a Captain would be the team leader for an ODA (Operational Detachment Alpha, or A-team). That's the starting point for an SF officer. Officers can't even apply for SF selection until they're a few years into their career. They're going to be 1LT's before they start the process and Captains by the time they finish the Q-Course. If Affleck's character followed that career path and was retired after twenty years, that would mean he'd have spent about 15 years as a Captain. If he was as shit hot as the movie made him out to be, he would have been at least a MAJ, but, more likely, a LTC after 20 years. If he spent twenty years as an officer and only made Captain, he'd have had to have been a shitbird. He could have been prior-service enlisted who commissioned. That would have made more sense, as it would explain a 20 year career in SOF ending as a Captain.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm digging the gunplay and soundtrack.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Pretty good.  about what I expected.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Just watched it.  I give it a .... 7.5  out of 10

So they were Rangers?  But seem like SFOD/SEALs types?  The beginning is far fetched fantasy.  No private contractor "advisor" would be allowed to do that with a blue passport, but OK, roll with it.

The plot was OKish.  I like how they had unexpected turns and how things degraded to shit.  And how they worked the problem. But I agree with points made previously in spoiler.  Specially the 1st one.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Hah, that was my favorite part too!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top