Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like .10, or $10

[url]http://quotes.ino.com/options/?s=NYMEX_GCZ4[/url]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Woo Hooooo!!!
Looks like golds at $410.70 this evening!
I remember when it was only at $275, oh wait, thats because thats when I bought!
Just remember, the general public isn't IN gold yet. When they DO, we'll see a repeat of '80.
Silver's lookin good for me too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Woo Hooooo!!!
I remember when it was only at $275, oh wait, thats because thats when I bought!
Just remember, the general public isn't IN gold yet. When they DO, we'll see a repeat of '80.
View Quote

That's about when I was laid off at the mine.  Now that the price is up, why aren't the mines stepping up production?

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
When it gets to $500-$750, the Public will hop on the bandwagon, and production will increase, older closed down mines re-opened, currently I think it costs just under $400/oz. to break even pulling it outta the ground. So when the cost of gold goes up, smaller amounts will be worth mining.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Woo Hooooo!!!
View Quote

That's about when I was laid off at the mine.  Now that the price is up, why aren't the mines stepping up production?

View Quote

There's quite a bit of new gold mining activity here in AK.  Some gold companies opened up a big pit mine co-owned down in Chile.  Lots of new mining activity going on in Western Africa, too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Unbridled monetary inflation is an invisible tax.  It hurts people by redistributing wealth and income.  Bullion will not be party to that taxation as Mr. Greenspan cannot print more of it.  So, unless the government decides to make the private possession of gold illegal (a la 1934) the storehouse of value that gold and silver represent cannot be taxed away.  Even if the sh!t doesn't hit the financial fan, it's not a bad investment vehicle right now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait for the spring thaw. Nuggets are dancing in my head. Hopefully it is over $450 by spring. Might actually make some money for a change.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top