Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 4:00:47 PM EDT
After posting my real name, address and Email address:

Dear Jim: Regarding your comments about Saddam...Shut Up, Idiot, go drive a beer truck.

I hope he sees thru all the flowery speech and understands the point I am trying to make.

I posted this at AK47.net as well...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea damnit! And go to hell!!!

What are we talking about?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So, uhhhh, what were his comments that got you so riled up?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
By Alex Fryer
Seattle Times Washington bureau

WASHINGTON — On Seattle radio yesterday, Rep. Jim McDermott questioned the timing of Saddam Hussein's capture, saying, "I'm sure they could have found him a long time ago if they wanted to."

His comments came during an interview on "The Dave Ross Show" on KIRO-AM .

"I've been surprised they waited, but then I thought, well, politically, it probably doesn't make much sense to find him just yet," he said.

"There's too much by happenstance for it to be just a coincidental thing that it happened on this particular day," he continued.

Later yesterday, the Seattle Democrat said he did not know whether the Pentagon had manufactured the arrest of the Iraqi leader. "I think the fact is that the administration has been desperate to find something (positive), and this came up.

"I don't have any knowledge if they knew about it (Saddam's hideout). I think they (Bush administration) got a Christmas present early."

State Republican Party Chairman Chris Vance quickly launched a statement condemning McDermott's earlier statements. "Once again McDermott has embarrassed this state with his irresponsible ranting."

Despite the capture of the Iraqi leader, McDermott said Americans should remain concerned about the welfare of U.S. troops.

"My worry is that problems will be just as bad tomorrow," said McDermott, who has represented the 7th District since 1988.  

"... It is not the end of the problem. The fact that he is in captivity does not change things."

McDermott's comment stands in contrast to other members of the state's delegation, who lauded Saddam's capture.

In September 2002, McDermott made news when he traveled to Iraq and told television interviewers that President Bush would mislead the public to justify an invasion.

It's an incident that continues to reverberate on Capitol Hill.  

Two months ago, House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, wrote McDermott a personal letter after McDermott denounced a comment by a member of DeLay's office. The staffer said McDermott had attacked the U.S. while he visited Iraq.

Instead of an apology, DeLay wrote: "Your words, had they been spoken in the United States, would have amounted to mean-spirited but predictable mediocre hackery. That they were uttered in Saddam's Iraq, however, perhaps within shouting distance of a torture chamber or mass grave, elevated (or lowered) those remarks to the sickening embarrassment they were."

Alex Fryer: 206-464-8124 or [email protected]. Seattle Times staff reporter J. Patrick Coolican contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2003 The Seattle Times Company
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
[LOL]  No minced words there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Mmmmm, beeer![beer]

I don't think I could like that idiot even if he did have his own beer truck...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
You know it really would have been nice to announce that they caught Saddam during one of the democrat debates.  That way they could have preempted the debate.  What could have been better than one minute watching a bunch of wannabe pinkos ranting about how they could do a better job than Bush, and the next minute dan rather looking like he just swallowed a turd, announcing that they had just caught Saddam.
This would be having the proverbial rug jerked out from under you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The funny thing is that in this weeks Seattle Weekly (the free liberal rag that's not even good enough for whipping your ass with but they've got ads for hookers in the back!)Knute Berger, a lead liberal nutjob, said of dumbass jimmies comments

"This is nuttier than a tin of Almond Roca, and it's the kind of blather that solidifies McDermott as a marginal congressional character whose greatest accomplishment is to provide fodder for Matt Drudge"

[url]http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0351/031217_news_mossback.php[/url]

Funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top