Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 2:34:09 AM EDT
OK, first off - check the "fact file" at the bottom of this article - they make Odai and Qusay Hussein seem like loveable little rapscallions with a penchant for getting into a little trouble

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3706943/

Next we have a Cardinal of the Catholic Church (of which I'm ashamed to admit I was once part of) spouting off about poor Saddam:

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3727325/

WTF?  Have you all noticed lately that all the media is doing is trying to punch holes in the capture of Hussein, the fact that we still don't have Bin Laden, that we've only arrested 77% of the top 55 most wanted Iraqis, etc. etc. - all the while giving Howard Dean tons of air time showing him bitching about how if we would have had the UN on our side we'd have captured Hussein earlier, though we really shouldn't have been there in the first place?

Sheesh!  Perhaps the libs see the writing on the wall in 2004 and are starting to lose their little pea-brained minds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Aimless, your nom de guerre fits you.  Read the wholf f-ing article, Einstein.  How's this for a quote - "Seeing him like this, a man in his tragedy, despite all the heavy blame he bears, I had a sense of compassion for him,” he said in answer to questions about Saddam’s arrest."

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
There was another thread about this but anyway...

Saying "the Catholics" in this context is a little like saying the Protestants think the Pope is the anti-Christ because Bob Jones says so.

Come on.  The Cardinal may be a twit but 25% of the country is Catholic - do you really think we all feel the same way?
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:21:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Whatever your beef is with Catholics, the comments of one Cardinal cannot be sensibly portrayed as the opinion of Catholic[b]s[/b] as a whole. An individual who graduated from grade school would normally know that one persons comments alone cannot be assumed to be the beliefs of everyone in that group.
View Quote

Exactly! Now edit the title and replace "Catholics" With "Catholic Cardinal"
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
exactly. catholic speaking right here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve got to side with Aimless on this one.  I was raised Catholic, but there are many issues about which the Catholic Church and I disagree.  You can not seriously believe all Catholics agree with everything some Cardinal, or even the Pope, might have to say.  Do you?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#8]
What the hell is with all the catholic bashing here lately? You guys need to make a real distinction between one idiot communist cardinal and the rank & file. I would have expected our crew here to be a little more skeptical of the liberal media hate campaign against the church. Perhaps not.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I am Catholic and I don't feel sorry the SOB one bit.  He needs to be stoned if you ask me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Topic title changed.  No major beef with the average Catholic, but major beef with the leadership.  This guy, as a major figure in the church, speaks for the church.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Topic title changed.  No major beef with the average Catholic, but major beef with the leadership.  This guy, as a major figure in the church, [red]speaks for the church.[/red]
View Quote

Thanks for changing the title, Greywolf2112.  I appreciate it.  For what it's worth, this cardinal does NOT speak for me.  I'm sure other Catholics on this board will agree with me.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#12]
NP, BH.  I didn't realize I was over-generalizing, though I sure was informed of it pretty quickly :)

Back on topic - notice how the press and Dems/Libs are trying to make poor Saddamn out to be "just another example of the evil right-wing conservatives beating up on poor, defenseless old people and taking their money'?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top