Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Your own medicine, taste it bitches.

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's a nice way of saying, "Hey fuck face, we are planning on suing you."

A prelude to actually filing a suit with the appropriate court.

Amiright?
View Quote
usually a list of demands... IE, give us 200 million or we will sue you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Slander and libel isn’t covered by the first is it?
View Quote
It is not. Calls to violence are frowned upon too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Alinsky, we read your book you magnificent bastard.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think the best they can hope for is a backhanded apology at 3 am saying how the networks were duped by irresponsible people with an alternate agenda, but actually made a common sense assumption because everyone knows "Orange Man Bad".
View Quote
Under normal circumstances, where there is an adult whose name was besmirched and is only looking to get a quick payout and move on.... sure.

But, this is different.

I believe that the father of the main kid involved has taken it upon himself to begin a one man war against the media, and has decided to go balls deep, no lube, and break that motherfucker off at the base.

This could be the most amazing thing that we ever witness in our life times.

Imagine... one kid, bringing the MSM to heel like the little bitches that they are.

They went too far, assumed way too much, then doubled-down on their uber-retardation.

Now, its time to pay the piper. Going after the individuals listed, not just the big corporations, is very telling in all of this.

Perhaps HBO and CNN and whoever won't feel the pain, but Kathy Griffin, and all the other individuals listed, who will have to pay out of pocket....

Maybe, next time... they'll keep their goddamned mouths shut.

And that sits just fine with me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No it is not. However it has a very high legal bar to meet. If there is any reasonable means of thinking that it wasn't a lie at the time of publication then the bar is not met. In this case I think the bar is met.
View Quote
It seems like the speed at which the other 60 seconds of video was released, and the ease of obtaining it likely meets that bar.

It was a couple of hours before the other video got traction, it was probably available from the get go.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most of the legal eagles on the idiot box said even if this lawyer sued all of these people it would go no where as it is protected speech, but some other attorney said because it was kids that were getting defamed there is a different law in play.
View Quote
Saying untrue things that have a negative consequence for the slandered party is not protected speech.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#9]
WHoooWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOÒOOOOØOOOOOOOÖOOOOOOOOOÕOOOOOOOOÔOOOOOOOOOOOOOohOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This has to happen more often
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not holding my breath. The Deep State needs the media's lies to survive and they're going to hit back with everything they can muster.

Quoted:
they have a very strong Defamation, Slander and Libel case. I am guessing they will see 30-50 million out of this.
View Quote
That's pocket change to the media. The sum needs to be in the Billions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they win.

I hope they also have good lawyers and adequate funds as they are taking on a lot of powerful people and entities.

Is there a go fundme for legal expenses.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#12]
It would tickle me to death to see the school kid's attorneys win. I think if they win, it will be over ruled by a higher court.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Good, I hope they receive huge monetary damages.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not holding my breath. The Deep State needs the media's lies to survive and they're going to hit back with everything they can muster.

View Quote
I guarantee you those legal letters that were sent had a 200M figure listed. I bet some of the big networks will settle for the 10's and some of the smaller people will be sued.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Destroy them all
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like some checkbooks are going to teach some lessons on slander and libel laws.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I like this.

Especially if they go after b-list celebrities, who don’t have the cash to fight an aggressive litigator.

Break it off in ‘em.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
they have a very strong Defamation, Slander and Libel case. I am guessing they will see 30-50 million out of this.
Kathy Griffin's broke, barely has a career and is getting old. Just the legal bills will ruin her, let alone any settlement or judgment.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
In before the Pope orders the school to stand down.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]
This school is about to be set for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I peed a little...
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Fucking destroy them.  Yay lawyers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
indeed
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't see Chief Shitting Bull's name on the list. Can they not sue him for publicly lying about what happened? Is he not famous enough? Would be cool to win a judgement against him and put a leen on his teepee.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Good but nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Slander and libel isn’t covered by the first is it?
View Quote
No, but it's illegal anyhow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#32]
One thing that I think we need to eventually see is the collusion between the major liberal media.  There is obviously some back channel agreements and conversations going on daily on what their talking points are going to be.  I don't know if we will be able to see any of this as I don't think there is any type of discovery for a civil suit.  It will take the media doing something so bad and corrupt that they intentionally get people injured or killed until we see what is really going on behind the scenes.  I want to see the emails and text between the big wigs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Most of the legal eagles on the idiot box said even if this lawyer sued all of these people it would go no where as it is protected speech, but some other attorney said because it was kids that were getting defamed there is a different law in play.
View Quote
This. Defamation is not protected speech under 1A.

Discovery will be interesting, if people throw each other under the bus:

CBS Anchor:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what CBS News told me to say."

CBS News:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what the Associated Press said."

Associated Press:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what the DNC told me to say via their secret-squirrel listserv of DNC talking points that we all subscribe to."

DNC: "Oh shit, cat's out of the bag now!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One thing that I think we need to eventually see is the collusion between the major liberal media.  There is obviously some back channel agreements and conversations going on daily on what their talking points are going to be.  I don't know if we will be able to see any of this as I don't think there is any type of discovery for a civil suit.  It will take the media doing something so bad and corrupt that they intentionally get people injured or killed until we see what is really going on behind the scenes.  I want to see the emails and text between the big wigs.
View Quote
This guy gets it.  Except yes, there is discovery in civil suits.  
--Requests for Admissions are statements written by the kids' lawyers that are deemed admitted by the defendant unless they deny them and state the factual basis for the denial.
--Requests for Production of Documents are demands for specific documents (written or electronic).
--Interrogatories are written questions that demand written answers.
--Depositions are Q&A under sworn oath with the penalty for perjury.

I could see the kids' lawyers settling for humiliating public apologies from Kathy Griffin and other pissant players, but not settling for anything against the big media moguls until discovery is complete.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Isn't this how Jesse Jackson and Al  Sharpton opperated for years? " Gimme money or I due"???
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you an attorney with experience in this area or a plumber with his own van?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Interesting.  Curious how this turns out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Something about you getting to choose your actions, maybe this time they won't get to choose the consequences too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you an attorney with experience in this area or a plumber with his own van?
View Quote
not an attorney, but I did go to law school once.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
also, an interesting analogy, both deal with hordes of shit, but at least one is honest about it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This. Defamation is not protected speech under 1A.

Discovery will be interesting, if people throw each other under the bus:

CBS Anchor:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what CBS News told me to say."

CBS News:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what the Associated Press said."

Associated Press:  "I am not liable, because I was just repeating what the DNC told me to say via their secret-squirrel listserv of DNC talking points that we all subscribe to."

DNC: "Oh shit, cat's out of the bag now!"
View Quote
The segment producers is who you go after first because they manage content. Hopefully they squeal on network management because they set the agenda....
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hope your swag is right, but it seems like the leap from "honest reporting" later proven wrong to some kind of provable malicious intent is going to be tough, especially for secondary commentary by public figures talking about something they saw on the news.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Public Enemy ft. Ice Cube & Big Daddy Kane - Burn Hollywood Burn (Uncut)
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Legal Letters"

OK Counselor, what exactly does that mean in this context?

It sure doesn't sound like they've been served.
View Quote
I read somewhere that they were seeking retractions and apologies from the news organizations.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Best news I've read in a while. Hit those loonies hard where it hurts!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I hope your swag is right, but it seems like the leap from "honest reporting" later proven wrong to some kind of provable malicious intent is going to be tough, especially for secondary commentary by public figures talking about something they saw on the news.
View Quote
the problem is, they were pushing this attack knowing that there was video out there to prove the contrary. CNN even acknowledge the other video while still attacking the kids. There still has yet to be a retraction by any major news media outlet, even they they know that their statements made against these kids are false.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn that’s a lot of people. I hope they have a good lawyer(s). Good for them.
View Quote
I believe one of them is the lawyer that sued CBS on behalf of Jon Benet Ramsey's brother over a report that the brother was her killer. They settled out of court.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wouldn't this be the perfect case for a RICO case against the media?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck yeah!
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top