Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/15/2003 10:13:56 PM EDT
What happened to character?

www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007229;p=1

I have a jokingly sig-line that says I have a belt-fed in my cargo area. I have stated so many time to him that I don't even own one, and its a joke that I have it there.

An admin of a forum about a certain SUV said this to me:

There are gun enthusiasts and there are gun nuts. You fall into the latter category by claiming to have a belt fed Browning mounted in the back of your Xterra. That makes you scary, wacky, crazy, and I don't care for people like you.

I don't like your sig, or your attitude, and it's my right to voice that opinion, admin or not.

My response to him:

Ahh and there you have it.
You dont like me because of what I believe in. And what I believe strongly in is legal. But because you don't like that you don't like me.

You call me crazy, have you met me?

You call me scary, tell that to the orphan shelter I volunteer at and refuge for battered women. Ask them if they think I am scary or crazy.

You are making moral judgment calls on someone from their links? Judging them on a legal hobby?

Im sorry, but that is wrong.

I would like you to site ONE (1) time I was abrasive, or where my attitude was a problem in a case where it was not warranted.
Anytime I may have been to someone was to just return fire and I was NOT on the offensive, only the DEFENSIVE.

I applaud you for voicing your opinion. You like all have that right.

But cant you see that you purposely were being rude in even bringing up the firearm thing in a discussion that it didn't belong?

Face, it you have a problem with me for just what I believe in.

What a sad sad day for this site. Administrator on an open forum in America being prejudice for the legal activities and beliefs.

Does the fact that I have a link to a Jewish website bother you too? Because I am sure Nissan or whatever company owns this web site may have a problem with an admin being anti-Semitic (if that's the case)

But let me take this a small step foward and be the bigger man.

You dislike me because of my beliefs and legal hobby that I have links to.

Well, guess what.

After reading many of the posts from you on this board I disagree with some of your ideas but still admire, respect and will continue to post in your threads in the brotherly manner this board and all discussions between people were meant to be.

I hope you have a good day.

Now , I know some of you don't like me, but that's life.
But when an American hates you and calls you "crazy" & "scary" because you have a hobby that's firearms, or link to a firearm web-site?

I fear for America. The antigun enemy has lost all thought that people can legally have a firearm hobby and not be crazy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
So Do you have a .50cal in the xterra?....Caus that would be really cool!...Like my 82 year old grandmother always said "F**k em if they cant take a joke!!"..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you "Devildog" on that board?

If so tell me what you think about that shit.  I really think they are totally wrong and pushing it. I haven't violated 1 CoC rule.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Let’s face it.  Decades of propaganda fed to the sheep in sound bites, programming and conditioning done by the [s]Public[/s] Government Schools have taken their toll.

We tend to forget that 95% of the “typical Joe’s” out there have no clue when it comes to firearms, the laws or political issues surrounding them.  Their “knowledge” comes from media that gets ITS information from HCI/Brady, The Moron Moms March, AGS, etc…

We also need to be reminded that people like that “feel” about things.  Not THINK, not REASON, not USE LOGIC and LOOK AT FACTS but “FEEL” and those “feelings” are the only thing that matters.  To question ones “feelings” will be resisted because to THINK for yourself based on FACTS may cause one’s worldview to come apart like a house of cards in an F-5 tornado.

Your encounter is not surprising in the least.  Anyone interested in guns are in the same category as drug users in today’s society.  A few more years and we’ll be in the same group as pedophiles.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Ric -

I agree that your crazy - but for other reasons. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I get a kick out of "KJ_dragon", who calls you obsessive about guns (inanimate objects), yet he has accumulated almost 3K posts & spent the last two & a half years of his life talking about his TRUCK on the Internet?!?!?!?

Can you say hypocrite boys & girls? I knew that you could!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you "Devildog" on that board?

If so tell me what you think about that shit.  I really think they are totally wrong and pushing it. I haven't violated 1 CoC rule.
View Quote

Nah man sorry not me....Dont think i could fit a M2 in my Wrangler.....Maybe one of those beltfed 40mm Grenade launcher's....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just tell him that if he gives you anymore crap, we're going to nuke Tokyo.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
"And you're not a gun freak?"
"Oh no. I'm a collector. Huge difference."
"The difference being?"
"I've got more guns."

© Simon Travaglia, The Original BOFH
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
F*ck them and thier "obsession" with cars, especially Xterras. It's amazing to think, if you own 300+ beanie babies or coin collections or wtf ever, your just some hobbyist, but have more than a few guns and your labeled a "gun nut".

Xterra Owners club??? WTF??? I own toilet paper, can I be in the toilet paper club now? It's a g*ddamn car, why do you need a club to feel special or something about your vehicle? Yeah yeah, I'm just pointing out the hypocrites in our society. Bunch of doublestandard d*ckheads.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Does this forum allow pics?...Good I suggest you 1.take pics of the entire cargo area of the xterra filled completely with empty xm193 brass  2.Lean every firearm you,your friends,your sister,brother etc.etc own  against the xterra and take a pic...or 3.take up a "alias",..something good like "imbroglio"
and flame away.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#11]
You know guys...  I have no problem with "SUV enthusiasts" engaging in their legal hobby, but I am frightened of "SUV nuts".

You know the type... they obsessively talk about their dangerous, pedestrian maiming vehicles on the Internet. They spend thousands of dollars on their 4X4 "death machines" when they know full well that a safe & inexpensive passenger car would fulfill 99.9% of their driving needs. Heck... some of them even start web sites dedicated to the ownership of these vehicles. Boy, that must be expensive & time consuming, don't you think?   Oh, and let’s not even start on how these gas guzzling monsters waste our precious natural resources, or how their emissions help to destroy the environment.

Yup... these "SUV nuts" are a scary bunch. It's their kind that just "snap" one day & drive their "high powered assault vehicles" full speed into a crowd of innocent people.

For the love of God, can't just one politician show some real guts and ban these trucks?  

After all, nobody [i]needs[/i] an SUV. "SUV nuts" need to face this fact & get a life!

Please, do it for the children!!!

...[i]the sword cuts both ways folks[/i].
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, what a bunch of pussies...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]

How sad, he threatens to ban you if any of us go over there and start trouble. That pussy is more than welcome to come over here and say all that he wants and I doubt anyones going to kick him off this forum.

I'm glad to know we have much more class that him. [^]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I knew the logical people of AR15.com would make things better.......

Thanks guys.

Feel free to help out over there if you like.

I didn't want that thread to be about gun ownership but as Al Pacino said in the hit movie Carlitos Way
"They keep pulling me back in"
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd love to go over and register, but I have a pathological inability to be civil to people like that hypocritcal momma's boy of an administrator.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your encounter is not surprising in the least.  Anyone interested in guns are in the same category as drug users in today’s society.  A few more years and we’ll be in the same group as pedophiles.
View Quote

no, you're wrong...in a few years pedophilia will be legal and accepted and gun ownership will be treated as a mental illness.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:47:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

no, you're wrong...in a few years pedophilia will be legal and accepted and gun ownership will be treated as a mental illness.
View Quote

That is such a sick thought... and most likely to happen as well.

I'll be living in a cabin in the deep woods before we reach that point since I refuse to have ANYTHING to do with a so-called "culture" that sinks that low.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't go over there. The little bitch XOC is a designer. Crappy one too. He makes designers like me loathe my profession with thier smug liberal attitudes. I'll just start pissing all over his happy little cupcake club if I register over there.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#19]
cduarte,

I think you are on to something as sad as it may be.

They will treat pedophile as a mild sickness and act as those who do those actions are just a little confused. They will be taught its ok to have those "natural" feelings and us gun owners will be the psycho killers of America.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#20]
im guessing the x-terra doesnt have the factory option of a gun rack?

bummer.

the hell with them. the pussy you find on that site isn't the kind of pussy you want.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Ric, It's gonna be OK. I know how mad that stuff can make a guy though. You should have been at Congressman Chris(I take it in the ass) Van Hollen's open house. I couldn't stop thinking about how easy it would be to walk up and ...., well, let's not get illegal here, but he's pretty happy to piss all over the constitution and flaunts it like a school girl in a new dress. I'm gonna go testify in Annapolis for the assault weapon ban bullshit he's trying to pull off. Take some of this anger and channel it in an appropriate venue. We could use your help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, he got offended over some dumb joke about a machinegun? What a fruit. I guess if I made a joke about having a Ferrari, that would make me an INSANE ILLEGAL STREET RACER WHO DREAMS OF RUNNING DOWN COPS AND LITTLE BABIES, OH NO!!!! [:O]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow, I've yet to see such morons.  I hate to say it, but Xterra owners shure are a dumb bunch.

Get an AMERICAN vehicle; seems to be a smarter group of folks at the F-150 user's group.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#24]
In addition, Land Rover does offer a gun safe as a factory available option.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#25]
How many people really [i]need[/i] an SUV anyway?

The 4x4 was designed for the miliary to deliver troops to the battlefield and I see no need for anyone to do that. They are large and wasteful of our scarce resources. They cause death and destruction on our highways and children are often the victims of these things. If you don't have one between your legs drive one huh?

These car nutz are scary, wacky, and crazy often obcessing over their car and this can lead to road rage and other violence.

[;)]

A closed mind is the sign of a very narrow minded person.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:27:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
[i]There are gun enthusiasts and there are gun nuts. You fall into the latter category by claiming to have a belt fed Browning mounted in the back of your Xterra. That makes you scary, wacky, crazy, and I don't care for people like you.

I don't like your sig, or your attitude, and it's my right to voice that opinion, admin or not.[/i]
View Quote

That's the admin acting 'brave'.  How cute.

[b][red]Fear I see in you, and fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to suffering.[/red] - [red]Yoda[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Are you a high school guidance counselor?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...as Al Pacino said in the hit movie Carlitos Way "They keep pulling me back in"
View Quote

Um... wasn't that [i]Godfather 3[/i] ???

I'm with you on everything else, though - I even read the whole 17-page (when I read it) crapfest at that site.  Why do you still go there when we are SO much friendlier here?  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are you a high school guidance counselor?
View Quote

Are you asking me? No. WHy do I sound like one
?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#31]
holy shit!  

what a bunch of cry-baby motherfuckers

Note to Xterra Owners Club:
try to keep those little plastic pieces of shit out from under my truck, would hate to scratch up my skid plates.................
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't want to register over there just to say "WilMac1023 is an idiot"  (along with several others).

Heck, I believe you.  I made several mods to a truck one time and significantly increased my mileage.  There are too many variables and there's no way I could just flat out call BS on your claim.  Also, I've noticed some trucks roll out of the factory a little tighter (better built) than others - you know, the rare occasion that every nut, bolt, screw, wire, etc was exactly right...
CR
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#33]
This is exactly why I own a Nissan... MAXIMA!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Funny thing is, when I ask them to come prove me wrong they wont do it.They rather name call and all kiss eachothers ass's.

Still, not one of them has wanted to try and prove me wrong.

They rather name call and bring in the whole gun issue that has nothing to do with the thread.

Whoever you guys are that went in my defense, I cant think you enough.

Now.....what type of punishment should these folks get.....anyone got some ideas?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Funny thing is, when I ask them to come prove me wrong they wont do it.They rather name call and all kiss eachothers ass's.

Still, not one of them has wanted to try and prove me wrong.

They rather name call and bring in the whole gun issue that has nothing to do with the thread.
View Quote

Welcome to the anti-gun crowd. [;D]

Sorry -- had to say it. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#36]
CCX

Supporting Member

NCCX / SCCX

2000 Solar Yellow
4x4 XE

posted December 16, 2003 01:32 PM                    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice bunch of upstanding folks over thar on ar15.com....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to Xterra Owners Club:
try to keep those little plastic pieces of shit out from under my truck, would hate to scratch up my skid plates.................
View Quote

AWWWWWWW, how cute!  i got quoted!!!!  [:D]

(apparently you can really piss them off when you talk about their little plastic pieces of shit)  which, i might add, are NOT covered by an amendment to the Constitution of our United States like firearms are..............
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I just went over and read that thread.

That Admin ...

1) ...can't comprehend his/her own policy.  What does a policy saying you can;t come over to Bash the Xterra or harass vorad memebers have ANYTHING to do with coming over to DEFEND a board member.  That policy was clearly written so fans of other trucks wouldn't start pissing contests - like a typical lib, the admin twists his/her own laws at a whim.

2) Has an overinflated sense of power.  I love the command forbidding you from posting about  stuff on that board on any other site?  What was up with that?

As for the other folks -

1) I have goten up to 25 mpg in my CRV.  According to some posters on this board, even 24 mpg is "hybrid mileage."  I guess I shouldn't tell them my old Civic got up to 35 mpg - and it was no hybrid.  It would likely only get me banned, though.

2) One guy went off about "6" references to guns in your posts.  I only count a total of 3 links and only see one other mention (the machine gun thing).  Only two of the links are gun-related.  I am so confused - and these guys are criticizing YOUR math?

Perhaps the extra ventilation you installed that you showed me at the range that one day had something to do with you improved mileage [;)].
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#38]
come on guys..there are just certain things you associate w/ hippie type tree huggers.....granola, backpacks, seattle, and this vehicle....what did you guys EXPECT over there?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Of all the really "good" reasons he could have picked to call you crazy.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:23:51 PM EDT
[#40]
hey tree huggers....................i can get almost 10mpg if its downhill with a strong wind behind me.......................

and who taught these jackoffs about cars anyway?  i seem to remember reading something about how naturally aspirated engines don't need high octane gas??????  well, retard, you think 89 octane is gonna run in a 13:1 compression NATURALLY ASPIRATED engine?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I always wanted a Ma deuce mounted in the back of a pickup with a hydraulic tail gate would be fun. I think I could seriously discourage a tail gaiter.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
An admin of a forum about a certain SUV said this to me:

[i]There are gun enthusiasts and there are gun nuts. You fall into the latter category by claiming to have a belt fed Browning mounted in the back of your Xterra. That makes you scary, wacky, crazy, and I don't care for people like you.

I don't like your sig, or your attitude, and it's my right to voice that opinion, admin or not.[/i]
View Quote

Dear admin person,

The idea that you dont like me is somewhat unsettling, but its probably nowhere near as unsettling that you know I lawfully own a belt fed rifle. That allows me to dismiss your hatefull attitude and revel in the fact that there's nothing you can do about it. [:D]

Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#43]
"BTW, please send over the guy who commented about my web development skills, I'd really like to see what he's done that he's so proud of."
View Quote

Haha, I succesfully trolled someone without even posting on thier forum. Thats funny. I didnt even have to waste my time signing up for thier forum either! [:K]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#44]
silverxglider

Supporting Member

2000 Silver Ice
4x4 XE 3pack

posted December 16, 2003 05:35 PM                    
This thread is not XOC's (the club, not the person's) finest hour. The guy comes here and posts some info about what he's done with his X and what results he's seen. Believe him or not but don't get so damn worked up over it.

And, FWIW, in the warm seasons, I regularly get between 22-23 mph, unless I get stuck in hideous traffic or used 4WD or something like that. Call me a liar too if you want. And yes, that's miles, not kms, and yes, I have a 6 cylinder, 4WD, and yes, regularly means each and every tank.

Give the guy a break. I don't care if he's into guns. There are some other people here who scare me a lot more.
View Quote

look, a sane one, maybe he'll infect the others and they can start contributing positively to society......................judging from the others posts, however, we may be better off just pulling over to the side of the road when we see an xterra so as to get as much distance between us as possible..................
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#45]
There is nothing wrong with carrying a machine gun. I carry mine (yes a belt fed machine gun)in a real SUV Lincoln Aviator not a SUV want-to-be carrying golf clubs or soccer balls.

Oh and I suppose I am also one of those uneducated gun crazy people. [rofl2]

Time to go over and kick butt and take names.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I think that you should have pointed out, that being the non violent person that you are, that harsh personal attacks sometimes precede and facilitate workplace violence. You really never know who your dealing with. Then sign it "The Crazy Guy"!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#47]
When are those "SUV nuts" going to face the harsh reality of the situation?  SUVs' are dangerous at any speed…

[url=www.consumerlawpage.com/article/4by4-rollovers.shtml]Sports Utility Vehicles: Dangerous Propensities In An Emergency - 4x4 Rollovers[/url]

[url=www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2003-03/ns-ast030503.php]Are SUVs too dangerous for the road?[/url]

[url=www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2003/03/030312071737.htm]Why Driving Behind An SUV Is A Dangerous Place To Be[/url]

[url=www.tribnet.com/entertainment/story/4331219p-4340193c.html]SUVs, pickups bring heightened danger to those they meet [/url]

[url=www.citizen.org/autosafety/suvsafety/articles.cfm?ID=5445]The SUV Phenomenon: Ducking Regulations  for More Than a Decade[/url]

[url=www.columbia.edu/~eag115/Ethan/Web-pages/HumanDangers.html]Human Fatalities as a Result of SUVs[/url]

Since only the proper authorities (police, military, etc.) have any real cause to own & use SUVs', it's high time that "reasonable restrictions" were implemented to limit the public’s access to these deadly & dangerous machines!

IMO, anyone who would even dare to get behind the wheel of one of these monsters should have their head examined!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#48]
You need to tell him he's just the lowly admin and he has no right to an opinion.  He's just kept around to keep it up and running.  And he sure as hell has no right to make derogatory posts about members.

The only Xterra owners I know are an older couple at church.  They like them because they don't have to bend over to put groceries in.  That makes a lot more sense than the people that get them and never see dirt roads or snow or ???
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL...

yup...some people are 'ignorant'.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#50]
what we need here are pics for our friends over there at the xterra orgy!!!!!!!!  anybody got anything along the lines of class 3?  if not how about an evil M4gery?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top