Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 2:05:07 PM EDT
I just saw this on the local news what the fuck is wrong with people...

http://www.wxii12.com/news/2706252/detail.html

10-Year-Old Got Too Close To Aunt's Tiger Cage

MILLERS CREEK, N.C. -- A 10-year-old boy is dead after being mauled by his aunt's Bengal tiger.

Authorities say the boy was shoveling snow Sunday near the tiger's cage, which has an opening at the bottom. A coroner said the boy got too close and the 400-pound tiger pulled him inside.

The boy's uncle heard screams and tried to pull the tiger off him. When that didn't work, the man grabbed his gun and killed the tiger. But it was too late to save the boy.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:07:53 PM EDT
Who keeps a Bengal tiger? That's really messed up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 2:21:41 PM EDT by FLAL1A]
I have occasionally dealt with people who keep "exotic" pets. I have found them to be, without exception, fucked-up individuals. They are in many ways like the more common "I have a badass dog therefore I am a badass" and "I have a rare and expensive dog therefore I am a superior person" and "I have lots of snakes therefore I am [I dunno, a fuckwit?]" types. It's the same personality type that thinks adopting an odd, off-putting appearance transforms them into the sort of dangerous scary person they think they resemble - like those goobers in Backwards "K"ORN. [Edited to add: That should be "goobers in KO backwards 'R'N".] I don't care if people keep snakes or lions or alligators or whatever, but given the nature of the animals, I would suggest that if the animal kills anyone, the owner should be per se guilty of 2d Degree Murder; if the animal injures anyone other than the owner, the owner should be per se guilty of Attemted 2d Degree Murder.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:26:39 PM EDT
One moment here fellas; The kid's parents and aunt apparently saw nothing wrong with leaving him [b]unsupervised[/b] in close proximity to a fucking tiger. I hate the fact that I'm just not surprised anymore.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:26:57 PM EDT
what got me is they said "the tiger had never bitten anyone before"....and "It had occasionally ran free through the neghborhood,and no one had complained".
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:56:43 PM EDT
a local yokel owned various rare snakes, including a "spitting cobra" that could spray venom (and death rays) at children. needless to say, the snake got loose. they never found it....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:58:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By clean_cut: Who keeps a Bengal tiger? That's really messed up.
View Quote
Amen, and in a place where it SNOWS? Are these people nuts? Another kid pays the price of having STUPID parents! [:(]
Top Top