Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 1:40:38 PM EDT
That you wear often or everyday. I actually wonder if I should, considering the number of random shootings in Houston. Of course, it has to be lighweight and concealable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:44:04 PM EDT
I thought it was illegal to own body armor unless you were a LEO or EMS?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:46:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By John91498: I thought it was illegal to own body armor unless you were a LEO or EMS?
View Quote
Maybe in the PRK, but not here in Texas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:47:14 PM EDT
I think it's illegal to possess one if you're a convicted felon. I have an Interceptor, not concealable of course [:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:48:38 PM EDT
I wore my Interceptor with front and back ceramic plates frequently. But that was when I was in Iraq over the last few months. Not military or LEO, I was there as a support contractor to the US Army.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:34:09 PM EDT
Some states, the commie ones, prohibit felons from possesing armor, and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony. A bill is in the congress to prohibit the private ownership of body armor, but I believe it is unlikely to pass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:53:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony.
View Quote
AS IF......... "You got your vest on Slim?" "What you talking bout Willis? You know it's illegal to wear body armor when you're robbing a bank.? "Oh, that's right, I guess I'll take mine off." What a bunch of freakin idiots.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:56:14 PM EDT
What's the stuff they're wearing in Iraq nowadays called? I want to buy one off eBay or here! M-L, as-new with ceramic plates please.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:01:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:14:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bvmjethead:
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack: and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony.
View Quote
AS IF......... "You got your vest on Slim?" "What you talking bout Willis? You know it's illegal to wear body armor when you're robbing a bank.? "Oh, that's right, I guess I'll take mine off." What a bunch of freakin idiots.
View Quote
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:16:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Astrogoth: What's the stuff they're wearing in Iraq nowadays called? I want to buy one off eBay or here! M-L, as-new with ceramic plates please.
View Quote
I believe you're referring to the Interceptor vest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:55:19 PM EDT
I have two level II vests I picked up from the sheriffs office, they're bulky and uncomfortable, but with the right under shirt, and a pullover jacket you can wear them pretty much anywhere w/out anybody looking at you wierd. I used to wear mine all the time, then I got a CPL, and if it's my time to go, it's my time to go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:18:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 4:20:13 PM EDT by RiffRandall]
Only a surplus PASGT vest, Brit flack vest I pick up cheap for the hell of it & assorted steel pots (US, Brit M44, E German, Italian, Czech, Swedish, Swiss, Portugese) . I'd really like to find an affordable old USMC vest-M55, the one with the hard plates. Strictly for historical & sentimental reasons (dad wore one when he was in the dirt Navy). Actual modern, concealable armor..not yet. I'd get a few funny looks wearing a flak vest & steel pot...............
Top Top