Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 10:45:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard it myself, but we are on a 1 hour delay here in LR. DU forums are down for right now. Too much traffic I guess.
tony
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
They have disabled their registration page.  Getting really paranoid now. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I was lidstening to Boortz on my way to lunch a couple of hours ago & he was talking about the same thing.  [s]Apparently, the scrutiny convinced them to stop accepting new member registrations today...[/s]

Slow on the [s]draw[/s] keyboard, as usual - never mind...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#4]
They took down the registration this morning when Neal Boortz was ripping them a new one. They even had a thread or two over there directed to him. Rush was just another nail in their heads as he lamblasted them too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately, now that Rush is an admitted drug addict, many people don't give a shit what he has to say, especially in regard to moral issues. That's a shame, because I kind of liked him.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, now that Rush is an admitted drug addict, many people don't give a shit what he has to say, especially in regard to moral issues. That's a shame, because I kind of liked him.
View Quote

We're ALL sinners. If perfection were required in those I listen to, I wouldn't even be able to listen to myself.

AND I hang out with all you reprobates....[:D]

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap Matt...you're an idiot.

His audience has [b]increased[/b] since his return from re-hab, only liberals and anarchist are horrified by his return. Those who attack RUSH are just jealous of his popularity and honesty. Not too many radio talk shows (read none) have the 20 million listeners like RUSH. Of course you knew that...you are just trolling for someone to defy you...I just did. [:D]

Hey... maybe ole Dr. Dean could use a good soldier like you in the upcoming election? Good luck. [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Hollywood still loves Robert Downey Jr.  Why can't we still love Rush?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be on the [b][i]other[/i][/b] side of the cabin...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hell, Son!

My past would make Rush Limbaugh look like a kindergarten child in need of a timeout.
View Quote

Ditto That!  [BD]

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We're ALL sinners. If perfection were required in those I listen to, I wouldn't even be able to listen to myself.

AND I hang out with all you reprobates....[:D]

View Quote

[:D] Reprobates. I like that word.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#13]
What an intersesting thread!  I never knew exactly why he stopped using the name "Jeff Christie"!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=914396

[Edited to add: [ROFL][ROFL2][ROFL][ROFL2] ]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Holy crap Matt...you're an idiot.

His audience has [b]increased[/b] since his return from re-hab, only liberals and anarchist are horrified by his return. Those who attack RUSH are just jealous of his popularity and honesty. Not too many radio talk shows (read none) have the 20 million listeners like RUSH. Of course you knew that...you are just trolling for someone to defy you...I just did. [:D]

Hey... maybe ole Dr. Dean could use a good soldier like you in the upcoming election? Good luck. [LOL]
View Quote

I'm an idiot because I expect credibility from people? If Ted Nugent was caught with a crack pipe in his dry box, would you still consider him credible?

No, the problem I have with Rush is not his message, but his BS excuses for drug abuse. For instance, his right to privacy excuse, which we all know is BS.

People in his position have nothing to offer [b]but[/b] their credibility. To jeopardize it like he did, and then make excuses, it pretty weak.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell, Son!

My past would make [b]Rush Limbaugh[/b] look like a kindergarten child in need of a timeout.

It's the message, not the messengger!

And he talks and thinks the same as we do!

Well, most of us, I suppose!

Now, do you still like [i]me[/i] ? [:D]

Eric The(Self-Medicating)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Yes, and you don't make excuses for it and argue that your right to privacy was violated when a criminal investigation was initiated. That's the difference between you and Rush.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Do you not think that there are posters and ideas on this site that would appear just as freakish as DU, should we receive a national spotlight.

The most contemporary is the one about how those crafty liberals are hiring gangsta's to commit crimes with so called assault rifles, in order to keep the AW ban and the need to replace it with something stronger in front of the populace.  

People have short memories.  Many Clinton Administration conspiracy theories spouted here during his reign are similar in scope to what I've read on DU.  I really liked the one about how Clinton was planning (with Kofi) to engineer a 3rd term.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll be waiting [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm an idiot............

the problem I have with Rush is not his message, but his BS excuses for drug abuse. For instance, his right to privacy excuse, which we all know is BS.

People in his position have nothing to offer [b]but[/b] their credibility. To jeopardize it like he did, and then make excuses, it pretty weak.
View Quote

I would like to know where he tried to use this "right to privacy" to explain his drug problem.  I heard him say that he takes FULL responsibility for letting his pill taking get out of hand.  He started on the pills for a legitimate reason in the beginning, and they were legitimately prescribed.  It just got out of hand for him.

But, I am not aware of Rush using this "right to privacy" crap.  Maybe he did say it, I don't know.  I just kow what I've heard him say and it was nothing like that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll be waiting [LOL]
View Quote

Bogart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
So is DU still running? No one has hacked them and shut them down yet today?

Do you think that this might be the end of DU? That the DNC will do whatever they can to silence them? Even if its just something silly like forcing them to take "Democratic" out of their name?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll be waiting [LOL]
View Quote

Bogart.
View Quote

Becall.

Eric The(AsInLauren)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Because.

Because I'll be on the [i]other[/i] side of the cabin.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I love a site that claims to represent democracy but hides from scrutiny and bans those that don't support their views.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#27]
jeff christie?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm an idiot............

the problem I have with Rush is not his message, but his BS excuses for drug abuse. For instance, his right to privacy excuse, which we all know is BS.

View Quote

I would like to know where he tried to use this "right to privacy" to explain his drug problem.  I heard him say that he takes FULL responsibility for letting his pill taking get out of hand.  He started on the pills for a legitimate reason in the beginning, and they were legitimately prescribed.  It just got out of hand for him.

But, I am not aware of Rush using this "right to privacy" crap.  Maybe he did say it, I don't know.  I just kow what I've heard him say and it was nothing like that.
View Quote

I heard him on the radio stating these investigations violated his right to privacy. Not just that, he said the violations violated patient/doctor confidentiality, which we all know is BS when one is suspected of using multiple doctors to obtain multiple prescriptions for narcotics.

And I am not criticizing his message or who he is, simply that to me it sounded like he was offering excuses for his behavior.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Post from mattja -
...a criminal investigation was initiated.
View Quote

A 'criminal investigation was initiated'?

I almost dropped my bong when I read that, until I realized that you were talking about a criminal investigation of Rush!
View Quote

See what weed does to you? [:D]

That's the difference between you and Rush.
View Quote

That and the statute of limitations....[:D]
View Quote

That's a good law, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#31]
"That's why they call it dope"Fuck the DU!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top