Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 8:16:54 AM EDT
Story

Baldwin wants Pope to help save animals.

Alec Baldwin has written the Pope, asking him to take a cue from St. Francis of Assisi and show a little more interest in the rights of animals.

The “Cat in the Hat” star is suggesting the Pontiff condemn the way animals are raised and killed by the meat industry.

“I am writing to ask that you exercise your moral authority in a clear statement of condemnation of present factory-farming methods,” Baldwin wrote to the Pope in a letter dated December 12. “Your words would do a world of good for God's animals, who are suffering so horribly on factory farms and in slaughterhouses.”

Baldwin helpfully sent along a video he had narrated for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, about the meat industry called “Meet Your Meat.”
Hey Alec, go away and die, would ya?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I honestly  believe the pope will watch the video, see the cows and order someone to fire up the grill !!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
He-he.

He said, "Meet Your Meat." [:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Animals don't have souls.  God put us in charge of animals, so they are our responsibility, not Gods.  This means we can eat them and use them anyway we see fit.  It also meands that we have a certain responsibility to treat them as the decent creatures of God they are.

Vegetation is the same way.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as you don't eat meat on a Friday, I doubt the Pope cares.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top