Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 1:38:11 AM EDT
They seem to copy whatever they want from whatever country has what they want at the time they are now coping western designs and the russains are no longer alone in the "Copy wars."

You can see the thing here...

www.sinodefence.com/army/transport/hmmwv.asp

also look around plenty of info on the current state of chinas forces...
we cany only be sure of one thing...
they will always be 1 step behind!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:43:32 AM EDT
I wonder when they will copy the space shuttle.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:03:35 AM EDT
fuckers
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:08:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:04:25 AM EDT
You guys are not seeing that the major driving force behind these projects are us! Americans have stakes in those companies and want to sell stuff their. Where do you think the engines and trannys will come from? If nothing else we will make the tooling.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:11:30 AM EDT
American version =75,000 China copy = 35,000 [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:34:14 AM EDT
When our guys go in there (finally) and kick their scummy red asses, they won't have to learn how to drive a brand new vehicle, it will be ike going home again.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:52:01 AM EDT
Anyone think the Chinese do this to purposely piss the U.S off?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:02:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:09:43 AM EDT
soo..theyll have a vehicle that costls less than half as much, the quality will be higher, the engine and tranny will run forever, but the body will rust out.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:14:47 AM EDT
I can't believe they would go to such an extream to create a vehicle that looks likes ours. Oh the horrors. Oh the humanity. They should be ashamed for copying a vehicle that has been proven to be highly effective in all types of terrains. Those bastards! But seriously, who cares. I sure don't. If they were imported into the US and sold at prices typical of all other stuff made in China, I would buy one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:16:14 AM EDT
Hey, they will probably sell 1/2 price civilian versions here in the USA. Hmm... get a Hummer (copy) or put some fellow Americans out of work..............
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:23:19 AM EDT
I wonder if you'll be able to buy one at Walmart?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:24:27 AM EDT
Coming soon, to a Wal-Mart near you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:26:37 AM EDT
I wonder if you'll be able to buy one at Walmart?
View Quote
Sam's.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:30:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 4:32:17 AM EDT by Cleatus]
100,000+ for civi hummer US type 35-40000- for china version that is prob an exact copy and higer quality standards ....hmmmm which do I choose....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:42:42 AM EDT
Soooo......how soon before the Chicoms start selling passenger cars and minivans to us?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:45:29 AM EDT
Soooo......how soon before the Chicoms start selling passenger cars and minivans to us?
View Quote
Probably not long, since GM has an assembly plant or two for midsize passenger cars over there right now. A guy I know from the local GM plant says some of their subassemblies are now coming from China.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:54:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RetiredNavy: Coming soon, to a Wal-Mart near you.
View Quote
Not WalMart. I was thinking more of Harbor Freight. You could buy the Chinese vehicle there AND the proper Chinese tools to maintain it!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:21:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 95thFoot: Soooo......how soon before the Chicoms start selling passenger cars and minivans to us?
View Quote
They already are. Maybe not the Chinese per se, but some jap brands do have assembly lines in China, and those vehicles are sold in the US. Can't remember which brand it was, but I was browsing the Ebay.com/motors section a few weeks ago, stumbled across a VIN [1] I didn't recognize and sure enough, that thing was made in Red China. [1] First character indicates country of origin: 1, USA, 2 Canada, 3 Mexico, W (West) Germany
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:25:53 AM EDT
Come on guys, imitation is the highest form of flattery! ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:28:17 AM EDT
This could be bad if there ever is a war. Just think about the trouble identifying ours from theirs. That could cause some real planning and operational headaches.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:33:03 AM EDT
If they were imported into the US and sold at prices typical of all other stuff made in China, I would buy one.
View Quote
Most [i]Americans[/i] have shown this over the last 30 years with their affinity for imported stuff. And they wonder why our kids cant get decent paying jobs without beiong a Ph.D..
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:34:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CavVet:
If they were imported into the US and sold at prices typical of all other stuff made in China, I would buy one.
View Quote
Most [i]Americans[/i] have shown this over the last 30 years with their affinity for imported stuff. And they wonder why our kids cant get decent paying jobs without beiong a Ph.D..
View Quote
Some PHd's are driving cabs in NYC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:42:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By notso: This could be bad if there ever is a war. Just think about the trouble identifying ours from theirs. That could cause some real planning and operational headaches.
View Quote
i was thinking the same thing
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:46:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 5:52:16 AM EDT by StariVojnik]
Well that just settles it, we are going to have to contract Sean Puffy to put the "Bling Bling" on our Humvees! [;D] [img]http://www.lowkeeriderz.com/6326ec80.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.lowkeeriderz.com/6c285c80.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:49:07 AM EDT
Most of the parts are imported from America on one of the copies.
The vehicle features a re-designed lights and radiator, and a Cummins 4B TA A 103 kW turbo-charged diesel, with a 5-speed gear box and a 2-speed transfer box. Unlike the SAC SFQ2040, [b]the DFM EQ2050 utilises many components that imported from the U.S., which increases the vehicle's performance as well as unit price.[/b]
View Quote
Why copy it, when you can just buy the OEM parts? Av.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:56:49 AM EDT
Blame it on the "Global Economy"
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:14:24 AM EDT
Their copyright law is a sham. Anything that we send them is copied if they can get the materials to make it. A few years ago, when I was there, I saw motorcycles and helmets branded "HODNA". I saw car stereos branded "RODASTAR". These were made on the same production lines as the legitimatly branded product, but during a different week. That's all legal, why not a "CUMMINGS" diesel after they copy the tools?? We are truly fools!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:19:34 AM EDT
Boeing just recently sold them one of their jet airliners...how long before the Red's strip the plane and start building them and selling them on the world market? a few years perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:01:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 7:02:14 AM EDT by Kar98]
[b]Originally Posted By StariVojnik:[/b] Well that just settles it, we are going to have to contract Sean Puffy to put the "Bling Bling" on our Humvees! [;D] [img]http://www.lowkeeriderz.com/6326ec80.jpg[/img] I don't know, that design looks ... familiar. [img]http://www.dataways.de/kunden/schoene/requisiten/bilder/req24.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98: [b]Originally Posted By StariVojnik:[/b] Well that just settles it, we are going to have to contract Sean Puffy to put the "Bling Bling" on our Humvees! [;D] [url]http://www.lowkeeriderz.com/6326ec80.jpg[/url] I don't know, that design looks ... familiar. [url]http://www.dataways.de/kunden/schoene/requisiten/bilder/req24.jpg[/url]
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
Boeing and McDonnell Douglas have sold airliners to China for many years now. Ever wonder where the old Kaiser Steel mill that USED to be in Fontana (where the NASCAR track now sits) went to? How about the tooling and machines for the DC-9? What about Jeep selling them the liscense, tooling and machines to produce the old Jeep XJ Cherokee?
Originally Posted By StariVojnik: Boeing just recently sold them one of their jet airliners...how long before the Red's strip the plane and start building them and selling them on the world market? a few years perhaps?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:18:16 AM EDT
Fucking chinks
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:19:48 AM EDT
Now, if we could just get them to copy the H2...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:22:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LotBoy: I wonder when they will copy the space shuttle.[rolleyes]
View Quote
Let's not get ahead of the game now. They just finished copying Apollo One.
Originally Posted By Nozzleman: A few years ago, when I was there, I saw motorcycles and helmets branded "HODNA". I saw car stereos branded "RODASTAR". These were made on the same production lines as the legitimatly branded product, but during a different week. That's all legal, why not a "CUMMINGS" diesel after they copy the tools??
View Quote
Will their copy be branded "EJACUATIONS"?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:10:10 PM EDT
Ive looked around at that site some and have noticed a few things... Anything that was developed in-country is already obsolete and is generaly unreliable Except maby thier newest MBT the type 98 which was funny enough developed in the early 90's and built to take on a T-72! They claim they have sence chainged thier plan and are upgrading it to take on the M1-A1. Every thing they have i from contracting an outside company producing a few then they set up production and make a copy. they Did this with thier heavy trucks which are Benz and even the light carrer which is a seriously bastardized version of the cheerokee XJ which they call the "BJ" Bejing jeep.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:11:00 PM EDT
View Quote
View Quote
Yeah that's it. Blame the consumer and not the idiotic choices made by industry presidents (like building gas guzzlers during times of high gas prices) and the unions that drove up manufacturing costs. There is plenty of blame to go around BEFORE blaming consumers for wanting to get value for their dollar. That is after all the staple of a capitalist system. Perhaps you'd like us to go with the alternative?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:33:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98: [b]Originally Posted By StariVojnik:[/b] Well that just settles it, we are going to have to contract Sean Puffy to put the [b][red]"Bring Bring"[/red][/b] on our Humvees! [;D]
View Quote
Separate thought: Why don't they copy the H2? OH, probably because they want a [i]capable[/i] vehicle. ; )
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:20:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dport:
View Quote
View Quote
Yeah that's it. Blame the consumer and not the idiotic choices made by industry presidents (like building gas guzzlers during times of high gas prices) and the unions that drove up manufacturing costs. There is plenty of blame to go around BEFORE blaming consumers for wanting to get value for their dollar. That is after all the staple of a capitalist system. Perhaps you'd like us to go with the alternative?
View Quote
When you lose your job due to some CEO figuring he can make a few more bucks by outsourcing production to Asia, then perhaps you'll think differently* See this thread for detail of the effects of moving production overseas: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=123&t=218858&page=1[/url] *unless you enjoy working at WalMart
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:27:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By notso: This could be bad if there ever is a war. Just think about the trouble identifying ours from theirs. That could cause some real planning and operational headaches.
View Quote
First M-14s,now our hummv.is nothing sacred?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:16:56 PM EDT
I guess it's a PROVEN DESIGN.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:25:58 AM EDT
Damn. all these "tactical" people here, and only ONE poster so far has remarked about the nightmare this will be for battlefield identification. especially via night / thermal vision. especially when China starts exporting the damned things to our enemies. and for the poster quipping about copying the Shuttle - Google 'Buran' - the Soviets already did.
Top Top