Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 5:49:33 PM EDT
Strolled over to see what was being said about S.H., and ohhhh maaaannn! Its all "this will cause more death", "They had him all along" and even one that hoped that more troops will die so it will make Bush look bad. What a bunch of freaks. I wonder what the SS thinks of that sight? Damm, just gets your blood boiling!
CH
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if it makes you feel any better the SS is very aware of that site.  Especially after two of them posted statements about how they would like to see GW killed.  One could only hope they would investigate those making pro-terrorist statements.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
DU = The most Tin foil hat wearing, freaked out people I have ever seen!

You mean other than us, of course.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone REALLY needs to take their firearms away from them.

SO they don't kill themselves in their current neurotic, depressed state.

I'll hold onto them all for them.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#4]
As a long time DU lurker (and poster :)... they have their lunatic fringe elements as well as we do. Usually, saner minds prevail and bitch slap the poster.

As far as the SS is concerned, which forum do the regs here think is under more scrutiny; DU or ARFCOM? Which group of lunatics has the firepower?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As a long time DU lurker (and poster :)... they have their lunatic fringe elements as well as we do. Usually, saner minds prevail and bitch slap the poster.

As far as the SS is concerned, which forum do the regs here think is under more scrutiny; DU or ARFCOM? Which group of lunatics has the firepower?
View Quote

I think its a push. They know we have weapons but most of us love GB.
They fucking hate GB with a passion but are mostly unarmed.
They watch us both.
'Course, I dont think the BATFE spends much time there...unless its where they get their knowledge of weapons.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
'Course, I dont think the BATFE spends much time there...unless its where they get their knowledge of weapons.
View Quote

God I hope not.

From some of the responses people posted when they called the BATFE with questions, I figured they were getting firearms data from the ex-SEALs selling beef jerky.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear the Republican party has ghetto look-a-like people in the hood giving assault rifles to poor black people in the inner city. That way they can all kill eachother and lower the welfare handouts.
[lolabove]
Wont be long till we here that over there in the DU!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong question. Not 'who's got more', but 'who is more likely to go completely off the rails and try to use it against POTUS'
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
LoginName,
I think we here are very mild compared to DU. Sure we have our share of foil company stock holders, but not at the level that they do. The one thing that seperates us in my eyes seems to be what you think is a target, and thats firearms. If you took 100% of the politics out of this forum for example, we would still continue to talk and chat about our hobby of shooting. We would still have get togethers, we would still have somthing to talk about and we would still make fun of SniperWolf[;)]

If you took politics away from DU, it would vanish.

DU manages to turn everything into an anti-Bush and are always very extreme about the way they let it be known. That is an auto red flag for the SS I am sure. A bunch of keyboard commandos talking trash about ar15s and bragging about their new $1000 watch[;)], I doubt matters a whole lot them.

CH
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:49:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Someone here or at pre-ban.com once equated DU to a hate site. I had never really thought of it before, but that describes them up better than any description I've seen anywhere else. They're not really a political site EXCEPT as it relates to hate Bush and hate republicans/freepers/neo-cons etc. I've seen Nazi websites that spout less bile than the DU. We're talking here about people who actually belive that Hitlery is to thank for the capture of Saddam because of the huge morale boost her visit gave the troops as opposed to the photo op trip that GW made. I got banned when I pointed out that I don't know of a single soldier that had the least desire to see Hitlery and that most couldn't belive she had the audacity to set foot near our soldiers after she said how much she loathes the military.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Someone here or at pre-ban.com once equated DU to a hate site. I had never really thought of it before, but that describes them up better than any description I've seen anywhere else. They're not really a political site EXCEPT as it relates to hate Bush and hate republicans/freepers/neo-cons etc. I've seen Nazi websites that spout less bile than the DU. We're talking here about people who actually belive that Hitlery is to thank for the capture of Saddam because of the huge morale boost her visit gave the troops as opposed to the photo op trip that GW made. [red]I got banned[/red] when I pointed out that I don't know of a single soldier that had the least desire to see Hitlery and that most couldn't belive she had the audacity to set foot near our soldiers after she said how much she loathes the military.

Cpt. Redleg
View Quote

Imagine...being banned for free thinking and speech...in this 'democracy'...on DemocraticUnderground...imagine. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:23:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I think AR15.com is actually pretty moderate for a gun board.  Assaultweb is the most seriously "out there" of the mainstream boards IMHO.  I don't even go there anymore, AR15 is my online home now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:26:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I pointed out that I don't know of a single soldier
View Quote

The problem is that you were admitting to knowing soldiers.  I think that's against the ever changing rules on that board.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
This new found regard for soldiers out of democrats really pisses me off.
Those fucks wouldn't piss on a soldier who was on fire.
Hillary went to show how brave she was and what a coward Bush was.
How did that work out, cunt?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hillary went to show how brave she was and what a coward Bush was.
How did that work out, cunt?
View Quote

I'm still waiting for some intrepid reporter or GOP guy with BALLS to ask her, in a public place, "So tell me... If finding OBL is such a big deal and should be easy, why didn't YOU find him during your visit to Afghanistan? Too busy flogging soldiers to come see you?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top