Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
TRG---everyone knows you wouldn't know what to do with a female.......back into the closet with you....
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
TRG---everyone knows you wouldn't know what to do with a female.......back into the closet with you....
View Quote

She could teach me...  [;)]

TRG
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just don't believe in the DP for run of the mill property crimes.  If they started enforcing the DP for crimes like that, I wouldn't be out there protesting though.  If they had physically harmed him, my thoughts would be different.

For what these guys did - I say lock em up.

Don't worry - I'm no lib softie on crime.
View Quote

Tate;

I understand what you are trying to say, but rest assured that a home invasion robbery (Robbery...taking by use of force, or threat of force) is NOT a property crime and will not be classed as such. It is, instead, a "Persons" crime...you can't "rob" a building. Person's crimes are MUCH more serious than property crimes. Burglary while your dad was at the grocery store and his wife at work = Property Crime. This Armed Home Invasion shit calls for a whole lot more than 10 years!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Energizer & FourStringSlinger - just a little nw of I-30 and Jim Miller.  Glad all turned out well, FourStringSlinger.

hound - I'll ask him if he wants to have an arfcom bbq in the front yard.  Seriously, I'll ask him.

ikor - point well taken

I talked to dad for about an hour and a half today.  He says it will take some time to work through this - I understand that 100%.  My step-mom's office sent home a card with her that included $630 IIRC to help defer the cost of the insurance deductible.  VERY nice of them!

THANKS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Terrorists IMO.  If they are found, they should be executed.  [:(!]

Glad your family is ok.  I hope they catch them and justice is served.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank goodness your dad is physically OK. Back in May of '91 one of my best friends in high school lost his dad to kick burglars in Houston. The shooter's gun "accidently" went off and happened to strike my buddy's dad in the head. The cops caught the guy not long after and he was convicted and his date with death was set. I think he's been on death row for over ten years now. He was scheduled to pay his debt in full last spring, but on the afternoon of his scheduled execution, the Fifth circuit decided that since his mental capacity had never been brought up during his trial, he should get another stay, and be examined. He's still ripping off the taxpayers of Texas. I hope your father is able to overcome the emotional damage that these worthless scumbags have created.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
arfcom bbq in the front yard.  Seriously, I'll ask him.
View Quote

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a BBQ and we'll all show up carrying our ARs on his front lawn...

Think its too soon?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#8]
This is not legal advice, but....once the perps are caught, do a lot of research on them.  Find out who their parents are, who their children are.  If they are at the trial it will be a good chance to take pictures of them.  Find out their addresses.  Don't do anything to them for a few years but as time passes, get your revenge.  It is a dish best served cold.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is not legal advice, but....once the perps are caught, do a lot of research on them.  Find out who their parents are, who their children are.  If they are at the trial it will be a good chance to take pictures of them.  Find out their addresses.  Don't do anything to them for a few years but as time passes, get your revenge.  It is a dish best served cold.

GunLvr
View Quote

Yep.  Here's two of my favorite thoughts for this situation:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I don't get mad.  And I don't get even.  I get way ahead!

Legal Disclaimer:  I am in no way advocating any type of violence.[nono]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Tate when's the Bar-b-que at dad's....?
We weren't there to help when it happened, but I will damn-well bet you that we can put a smile on his face by showing up at his place...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top