Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 3:09:30 PM EDT
Tonight, 14 to 20" of new snow.  Man is it windy, snowy and cold.  Can't wait to leave...
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Aimless,
I was in Tully, NY in 1993 when we got 48" of snow in the "storm of the century".  I was amazed how fast HWY 81 was opened...
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
"BRRRRRR!! Life in Syracuse NY..."

I'll say!!! I'm just outside of Syracuse, and when I left my house this morning to go hunting at 5am, it was only 10deg or so... Believe it or not, I also stopped at the range for a few minutes this morning to check a rifle's sights around 11am(after about 20rnds, I'd had enough, hahaha)... It's only about 15deg, right now... I was planning on going hunting tomorrow, but I think I'll let things "sttle down" a little, 1st...

Railman44 - I shoot at the Pompey R&G Club - where do you do most of your shooting??? Maybe we even know each other... Feel free to IM me, if you want...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember when I was stationed at Griffis AFB from 75 to 78. Never saw so much snow. by the end of winter, you have nowhere to put it.

Lots of people put bicycle flags on the front and back bumpers so that you can tell when a car is at an intersection.

One town to the north of us along the lake was totally cut off so we sent snow plows and blowers from the base to dig them out.

Fun times........
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Left Albany area in May. I was out today in a short sleeve shirt but it was raining and a little muggy. The things one has to put up with here in Southern Florida.
Gerry
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Left Albany area in May. I was out today in a short sleeve shirt but it was raining and a little muggy. The things one has to put up with here in Southern Florida.
Gerry
View Quote

Upstate, NY roadtrip to Florida to kick Gerry's ass, who's in?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Ahhhh, life on the Gulf Coast.  A bit chilly today, but nothing interesting.  Got some rain yesterday.  Wish I could have gone shooting today, but with this damn elbow.....  Ugh.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Aimless - thanks for pointing that out - I didn't know he wasn't a resident... As for shoveling, I'm a believer in owning a snow blower...

"Upstate, NY roadtrip to Florida to kick Gerry's ass, who's in?"

I vote we time it to coincide with spring break!!!

- georgestrings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top