Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, here's a decent one - Work for works sake is fucking stupid. I hate work, period. It's only a means to an end for me. If I'm doing something because it's my job to do it I'll hate it. I'd LOVE to never have to work another minute of my life again.
View Quote
Why would that be controversial?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I think we should be on DST, all year long.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Also, neither Taylor Swift nor Jennifer Lawrence is that hot. Both are women that other women think are pretty.
View Quote
You are one of the few non-post whore GD member that I remember because you are so level headed.

But "I saw it and I liked it"
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’d like to send you on a week long spot and stalk Elk hunt in Gallitan National Forrest and see if you still think it would be better off criss crossed with “No tresspassing” signs.
View Quote
Sweet, I would like that too.

I have hundreds of acres here to hunt on, no elk though so this is going to be a nice change of scenery.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Posting ogle eyed bullshit every time someone posts up a picture of a woman who's as least vaguely attractive isn't funny nor does it make you cool, it just makes you look like a piggy.

Wow, you mean she has boobs!?!? No shit. Congratz genius, your fucking eyes work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not OK with infringement of gun rights, but I think banning bump stocks the way president Trump did it is actually 87 dimensional chess and it will be a good thing for the 2nd amendment as it goes through court challenges.  It will set precedent against similar actions in the future by a dem president.

I don't have any problem with vaping, or weed smoking, or taking a variety of other drugs.

I hate panhandlers.  I didn't used to, but there is now like a panhandler mafia around here and they rotate out standing in front of a certain store that I go to holding the door expecting people to give them money.  There's even a woman doing it.
View Quote
Sice we're disagreeing... That sounds good until a Democrat gets in office and decides to ban things by decree.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I think we all can agree that we hate Liberals, no?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’ll start

Public land is a national treasure that should be preserved, and the environment is an important issue. If I could set back the clock, I’d want a constitutional amendment to preserve 1/3 of each state as NF/BLM land for outdoor recreation/conservation.

Abortion overall is probably a good thing for society. Very early on in pregnancy (6 weeks or less) I don’t find it immoral, as the body often “self aborts” at or near this point anyway. People who do it willy nilly late past the point of brain activity can burn in hell though.

Unions did a lot of good in the early 20th century that we still benefit from today. They are an important “balance of power” for certain occupations where the free market is limited. I view them as constitutionally protected under the premise of freedom of assembly. Likewise nobody should be coerced or forced to join either. Like any organization they can be corrupted if given too much power or influence.

View Quote
I don't think most disagree that public land is a national treasure or that the environment is an important issue.
It should be controlled at the state and local level not at BLM.
Abortion is the same thing a state issue not a federal.

The 10th Amendment has been ignored for to long.

Unions? no one should be forced to join a union, nor should unions be banned.
If unions where so great the majority of people would want to join.

Disclaimer: Federal employees should not be allowed to unionize. State employees goes back to the 10 Amendment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The 4Runner is the best midsized suv!

It’s interior is dated considering the price point, it still uses a key, and gets horrible gas mileage, considering it’s size.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
There have been several threads about using vacation/PTO recently where people bitch about folks using there allotted time off and take pride in never using it.

I think one of the few things Europe gets right is the amount of time off they get for “holiday.” We work ourselves to death in this country. You don’t get time with your family back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:11:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of those who "disagree" with me I can sympathize most with the anti union folks. Unions have done some terrible shitty things and have ties to some commies.

The "abortion past conception is always murder!" folks think with feels more than facts, and can't see the second and third order effects of their proposed policy changes.

The anti public land folks need to step outside of Mom's basement for a while.
View Quote
Regardless of the issue, your point here is framed in "ends justifies the means" terms. Some people have a very hard time with that rationale for any proposition.

Personally, I don't categorically reject EJTM.  Some means, even if terrible, are justified to achieve some ends.  (Atomic Bomb on Japan, for example).

They need to be weighed on a case by case basis.

I disagree that abortion is one of those.  That said, I'm not making this observation specifically about abortion, just noting the framing of your point, that's all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Nobody has even come close to having an opinion that disagrees with ARF.

Let me try here at the risk of catching a warning.

Islam is incompatible with western civilization.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Public lands are good.  The more the better.  
We should not be weakening environmental regulations.
Abortion is murder but the morning after pill is okay.
Bump stocks were a stupid hill to fight on and pistols braces will be the next thing to further fragment us.
Social safety nets like SS and unemployment benefits are not a bad thing.
Unions aren’t all that bad.
Trump is his own worst enemy and would be a lot further ahead if he’d learn to STFU.
We can’t throw people from helicopters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Also, my friend’s 201X Tacoma has drum brakes in the rear! I cannot understand why people rave about a car with yesteryears technology.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:13:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think we all can agree that we hate Liberals, no?
View Quote
Ya, fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Posting ogle eyed bullshit every time someone posts up a picture of a woman who's as least vaguely attractive isn't funny nor does it make you cool, it just makes you look like a piggy.

Wow, you mean she has boobs!?!? No shit. Congratz genius, your fucking eyes work.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Semi automatic MP5's are MP5's rather than bulky dumb fucking handguns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There have been several threads about using vacation/PTO recently where people bitch about folks using there allotted time off and take pride in never using it.

I think one of the few things Europe gets right is the amount of time off they get for “holiday.” We work ourselves to death in this country. You don’t get time with your family back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So fuck them, I pride myself on working as little as I can while getting paid as much as I can.

I doubt it's a very unpopular opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:17:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:17:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, here's a decent one - Work for works sake is fucking stupid. I hate work, period. It's only a means to an end for me. If I'm doing something because it's my job to do it I'll hate it. I'd LOVE to never have to work another minute of my life again.
This country in general is full of workaholics who think the purpose of life is to bust ass as much as possible, even at the cost of your personal time and enjoyment of life. This attitude is found in concentrated levels here.

The goal of life for me is to avoid work as much as possible in order to spend as much of my precious time and energy as possible on reading books, playing games, other hobbies, and going cool places and doing cool stuff. Work is not the end for me, it's just the means to reach my ends which means I don't care much about work beyond what it can get me. This offends the sensibilities of many.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:18:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The anti public land folks need to step outside of Mom’s basement for a while. Like seriously spend any time out west and tell me how terrible it is you can roam across millions of acres, shoot, hunt and camp wherever you please and still tell me how horrible it is.
View Quote
Why can't you buy your own land so you can run around on that hunting and camping and frolicking until your hearts content?  Having the govt own it and "allowing" you access according to their whims is pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Butts.

Tell your will end, "Yes, your ass is big."
View Quote
Is this code for something?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Show me a short list that Arfcom has reached any real consensus on and I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sweet, I would like that too.

I have hundreds of acres here to hunt on, no elk though so this is going to be a nice change of scenery.
View Quote
Guess what? Not everyone has hundreds of acres to hunt on. Exceedingly few folks have the thousands of acres necessary to put on a spot and stalk hunt out west and stay on there own property.

I wasn’t lucky enough to inherit hundreds of acres. I begged to hunt a few hundred acre farms when I was younger. I fought it out on the overcrowded limited public land in Ohio a few years. I saves my pennies and bought enough acreage to throw a few tree stands on recently.

I also played the spot and stalk game on millions of acres out west last year.

I am now absolutely passionate about protecting and preserving public hunting land. I’d happily give up my 20 acres if it meant 200,000 that everyone could run around on and enjoy.

If 16 yo me (brand new hunter, whose family doesn’t hunt and doesn’t own any land) came knocking on your door asking for permission would you let me?

Most wouldn’t. And that’s how the tradition dies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:22:40 AM EDT
[#25]
If you're a cop then you support gun control and shouldn't be here.

If you're a man who actually supports the 2nd you can't be a cop.

No other way around it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I disagree with Arfcom GD on a LOT of issues, and I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Public lands are good.  The more the better.  
We should not be weakening environmental regulations.
Abortion is murder but the morning after pill is okay.
Bump stocks were a stupid hill to fight on and pistols braces will be the next thing to further fragment us.
Social safety nets like SS and unemployment benefits are not a bad thing.
Unions aren't all that bad.
Trump is his own worst enemy and would be a lot further ahead if he'd learn to STFU.
We can't throw people from helicopters.
View Quote
I disagree on every point except your first, and that's only because I don't know quite enough about the issue to have a particularly strong opinion on it.

Abortion should be legal. We should fight on every single hill there is. "Social safety net" is a nice way of saying "Dirty Red Communism". Unions are cancer. Trump should never stop being Trump. We most certainly can do the last thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why can't you buy your own land so you can run around on that hunting and camping and frolicking until your hearts content?  Having the govt own it and "allowing" you access according to their whims is pretty fucked up.
View Quote
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you haven't spent much time west of the Mississippi.
Here's a map of public land in CO. 14.5 million acres to play on.

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Guess what? Not everyone has hundreds of acres to hunt on. Exceedingly few folks have the thousands of acres necessary to put on a spot and stalk hunt out west and stay on there own property.

I wasn’t lucky enough to inherit hundreds of acres. I begged to hunt a few hundred acre farms when I was younger. I fought it out on the overcrowded limited public land in Ohio a few years. I saves my pennies and bought enough acreage to throw a few tree stands on recently.

I also played the spot and stalk game on millions of acres out west last year.

I am now absolutely passionate about protecting and preserving public hunting land. I’d happily give up my 20 acres if it meant 200,000 that everyone could run around on and enjoy.

If 16 yo me (brand new hunter, whose family doesn’t hunt and doesn’t own any land) came knocking on your door asking for permission would you let me?

Most wouldn’t. And that’s how the tradition dies.
View Quote
Whats happening, are you not sending me on an elk hunt?

Anybody can own acreage all they have to do is purchase it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I can't stand the Toyota love here. I don't care where it's made, the profits are still going to Japan, the same country that brought us anime and pokeman and shit like that - which has been turning our young boys into pussies for decades. Or any foreign made car. It just really surprises me the Toyota obsession this place has.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you haven't spent much time west of the Mississippi.
Here's a map of public land in CO.

https://www.fs.fed.us/r2/recreation/map/colorado/html-current/hi-speed-map/colorado-hi-speed-map.gif
View Quote
I seriously feel bad for some of these folks. All they know of public land is the overcrowded “state wildlife” areas with drunken yahoos that shoot at everything that moves. They think if it’s public land the hunting/fishing must therefore be ruined.

If I had the money, I’d seriously send everyone of them out west for a week long public land hunt to change there mind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:36:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Here's a map of public land in CO. 14.5 million acres to play on.

https://www.fs.fed.us/r2/recreation/map/colorado/html-current/hi-speed-map/colorado-hi-speed-map.gif
View Quote
I don't have to guess when I say you dont know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Whats happening, are you not sending me on an elk hunt?

Anybody can own acreage all they have to do is purchase it.
View Quote
Damn why didn’t you just say so?
Attachment Attached File

Are you giving me permission to hunt your land or not?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:37:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The anti public land folks need to step outside of Mom's basement for a while. Like seriously spend any time out west and tell me how terrible it is you can roam across millions of acres, shoot, hunt and camp wherever you please and still tell me how horrible it is.
You should go to western MT and see who own most of the land. Even though I'd do my absolute best to buy land if it was up for sale there is no way I could afford it. And I'm not poor either. It's either inherited or owned by guys with millions.

I have north of 20k acres of private land to hunt in western ND and eastern MT. I'd trade it all to keep public land out west. If that makes me FSA then so be it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Women are not worth it at all. They're likely the single most dangerous thing a man in America can interact with. If you value your possessions, life, and sanity then you shouldn't even deal with women at a platonic level outside of situations in which you have no choice such as work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#36]
The boomer mentality. I get many of you are older in your 50s and more, but many of you are seriously, seriously out of touch with the real world today and still think life is like what it was in your good ol' days before smartphones and social media.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't have to guess when I say you dont know what you're talking about.
View Quote
As I understand, there isn't a lot of privately owned land for sale.  What is for sale is very expensive because it is a limited supply.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:41:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I seriously feel bad for some of these folks. All they know of public land is the overcrowded "state wildlife" areas with drunken yahoos that shoot at everything that moves. They think if it's public land the hunting/fishing must therefore be ruined.

If I had the money, I'd seriously send everyone of them out west for a week long public land hunt to change there mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a map of public land in CO.

I seriously feel bad for some of these folks. All they know of public land is the overcrowded "state wildlife" areas with drunken yahoos that shoot at everything that moves. They think if it's public land the hunting/fishing must therefore be ruined.

If I had the money, I'd seriously send everyone of them out west for a week long public land hunt to change there mind.
That map doesn't include any "public" state, county or city land as it is normally super restrictive. I lived back east for a few years and there is nothing like the land out west when it comes to diversity and quantity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:43:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Suicide is a personal decision and a perfectly valid way to end your life. It's mans ultimate expression of individuality and freedom of choice. People who commit suicide are not cowards and shouldn't be derided simply for having killed themselves.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:44:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Damn why didn’t you just say so?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/68059/FD551A48-2FCB-4F16-9EA5-F292FA7DF935_jpeg-817246.JPG

Are you giving me permission to hunt your land or not?
View Quote
You havent asked for permission to hunt my land so of course I wasn't giving it, that would be weird.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As I understand, there isn't a lot of privately owned land for sale.  What is for sale is very expensive because it is a limited supply.
View Quote
Large tracts of land in the mountains coming up for sale is actually somewhat rare. When they do come up people like Ted Turner and the like scoop them up.
Most of the non rich private land owners that have large parcels (over 10k acres) the land goes back many generations and will never be sold.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Large tracts of land in the mountains coming up for sale is actually somewhat rare. When they do come up people like Ted Turner and the like scoop them up.
Most of the non rich private land owners that have large parcels (over 10k acres) the land goes back many generations and will never be sold.
View Quote
That's what I thought.  It resembles HI in that regard.  Land there is expensive to begin with because it is tiny and in demand.  To make matters worse (or better, depending on your point of view), the majority of it that is privately owned has been privately owned by the same families for a very, very long time.  The land is passed down to future generations of said families and is never sold.

A huge portion of the islands are owned by just a few people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The boomer mentality. I get many of you are older in your 50s and more, but many of you are seriously, seriously out of touch with the real world today and still think life is like what it was in your good ol' days before smartphones and social media.
View Quote
Not a boomer, but probably older than you.  You are expressing the vanity of the present.  "Life" may have changed. People haven't though. In fact, they never do.

Just like old timers have bitched about "kids these days" for millennia, young people have always assumed old timers are "out of touch."

If you want to learn the latest cheat codes on your favorite game, the gray hairs are unlikely to be any assistance.

If you want to learn perspective on people without necessarily drawing those lessons from your own future mistakes, best not to completely write off the dinner at 4 pm crowd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:49:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You should go to western MT and see who own most of the land. Even though I'd do my absolute best to buy land if it was up for sale there is no way I could afford it. And I'm not poor either. It's either inherited or owned by guys with millions.

I have north of 20k acres of private land to hunt in western ND and eastern MT. I'd trade it all to keep public land out west. If that makes me FSA then so be it.
View Quote
I don't know what to tell ya other than put your land where your mouth is and donate your 20k+ acres to the public.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:51:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you're a cop then you support gun control and shouldn't be here.

If you're a man who actually supports the 2nd you can't be a cop.

No other way around it.
View Quote
Wow, unbelievably wrong.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:51:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see land for sale all the time in huge swaths at relatively affordable rates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:53:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I don't know what to tell ya other than put your land where your mouth is and donate your 20k+ acres to the public.
View Quote
Simple question, have you spent any time recreating in MT/CO/WY/ID/AZ/NM? Have you ever been west of the Mississippi?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:53:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I see land for sale all the time in huge swaths at relatively affordable rates.
View Quote
In the area's in question?  I am certainly not an expert on it, it's just what I was told here on arfcom about areas of the west.  That it is vastly different than here in the middle where land is cheap and plentiful.  I could literally go buy as much reasonably priced land as I wanted here in my state tomorrow morning if I so chose. As I understand, that is not the case at all in those areas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:54:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not my land, just land owned by relatives and friends that I have access to. My post was a bit misleading.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:54:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Simple question, have you spent any time recreating in MT/CO/WY/ID/AZ/NM? Have you ever been west of the Mississippi?
View Quote
Yes
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top