BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They still have good prices on things I want.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always liked SG, but I really miss Wideners.  I got some ammo deals and used surplus Sig deals from them back in the day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just posted about this.
He offered full refunds. How much better could it have been handled?
View Quote
Oh, that is news to me. I just remember him denying over and over again that there was a problem and insisting that people who had problems with Golden Tiger primers had faulty rifles. When did he offer the refunds?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sam was Prime before Prime existed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh, that is news to me. I just remember him denying over and over again that there was a problem and insisting that people who had problems with Golden Tiger primers had faulty rifles. When did he offer the refunds?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just posted about this.
He offered full refunds. How much better could it have been handled?
There was a thread here about it. I think he initially thought it was a couple people with a light strike problem until he got more reports and they pulled some off the shelf and checked it. Then he offered the refunds. I didn't buy any, but I did read the thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sometimes he gets stuff I can't find anywhere else and his prices are good on it.

The ADI 69gr for example.  He had a few cases of it at .55/rd whereas the other place I found it had it .85/rd

He gets some hard to find ammo.  Sometimes he's the only one that has it.
View Quote
Love SGAmmo, and yes, best place I have found for the ADI 69.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
They are usually my go to if I wanted to buy 5.56 or 9mm but haven't bought any of either for about a year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
SG ammo just needs 12-18 month no interest financing on purchases over $2000
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sam was Prime before Prime existed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Sam gets stuff no one else does. Especially the surplus offerings.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
need to get my ass over there and order some nine milli
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I have never had a busted package or incorrect order from SG. They are good people. Do we do an sgammo thread every week in gd?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
SG ammo just needs 12-18 month no interest financing on purchases over $2000
View Quote
That would be awesome
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Sam is my go to source for ammo even if he ends up being a little more when shipping is factored in. I receive my order normally 3 days after order. Can't beat that. Hell, even Amazon prime can't beat that!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Why not meta search through ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
They have always been good for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#17]
My go to.  I think I will go,buy some more.  Maybe that Winchester 5.56 made in Sweden
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There was a thread here about it. I think he initially thought it was a couple people with a light strike problem until he got more reports and they pulled some off the shelf and checked it. Then he offered the refunds. I didn't buy any, but I did read the thread.
View Quote
Hm, I would be interested to see the thread.

That's good that he finally offered refunds, but it would have been nice if he investigated at the beginning, rather than saying that there was no problem without checking first. He was very insistent that there was absolutely no problem with Golden Tiger and that there was something wrong with his customers' guns. Not a very nice way to treat your customers.

I'm still not going to buy anything from him if I can avoid it. Not sure why so many here seem to love him and his business so much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Been over 2 years since I've ordered from SGAmmo. Never had issues with them just have found lower prices else where. Of course, SGAmmo sometimes has product that no one else has.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#20]
SGAmmo, Underwood & Garrett are my go to
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve spent over a million dollars on ammo from there and never had a dud. So, take that for what it’s worth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ve spent over a million dollars on ammo from there and never had a dud. So, take that for what it’s worth.
View Quote
Heavy breathing
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#25]
He won't ship to CA, so no
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I always buy from SG.  Good people and find ammo that I can't get anywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I almost never pay for shipping. I always try to find deals with free shipping. I can't remember the last time I ordered from SG.
View Quote
me too, haven't shopped there is a long long time due to prices and shipping charges
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:35:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They still have good prices, and I like supporting them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've spent over a million dollars on ammo from there and never had a dud. So, take that for what it's worth.
View Quote
Unless you're exaggerating, that's statistically impossible
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:00:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I will happily pay a few extra bucks for shipping to get the quality of customer service they provide.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#31]
While the 7.62x39 8m3 ammo is now on sale at sgammo, I find myself not amused with how discussions about that ammo went.  Think I paid 30 or 40 more a case for what I have on hand.  There are threads across net on this specific ammo if you have not heard or read about it.  And yeah, I did not read every post so maybe it got mentioned.

Other than that specific ammo, been happy with sgammo.

These days I find myself shopping total price and yes I will pay slightly more for a known good place to order vs. some hole in the wall with little feedback coming up in searches.

For the most part the last year and into this year have seen me mostly chasing someplace with big sales, midway imi ammo got a lot of money from me last year.

So while I don't normally consider midway for ammo, their imi blowout prices were way better than what other folks were selling 55gr, 62 gr, or 77gr 5.56 ammo for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:13:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I will happily pay a few extra bucks for shipping to get the quality of customer service they provide.
View Quote
This. They have consistent pricing and some of the lowest shipping in the market. Day in, Day out.
Oh you can find sales and offers, and I do this as well, but I know I can order from SG today (Monday) and it will be on the door step Thursday, at the latest. I can also find items that I can't in other places.
Good folks to deal with IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#33]
So I read this when it was in the ammo forum, and agreed with many of the comments.  I've been buying from SGA for many years, and have always been pleased.  Shipping very fast and reliable, and they catered to a special request one time to fulfill the order with a certain year of surplus ammo.  I'll also buy from the other vendors mentioned when the deals are there.

I wouldn't have posted here had I not been re-reading my recent SGA promo e-mail.  Shame on me!  They've been good to me for a lot of years!  I'm a loyal customer.

They give you the best deal they can it's clear.  For instance, they currently have 1k of XM855 for $269.50 + $16 shipping.  Very fair deal.  But if you apply the current Federal promos, you get another $.05 rebate per round.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  That gets you down to $219.50 + $16 shipping.  Granted, Federal has to uphold their end.  That's the best damn price on green tip I've ever seen commercially sold.  Maybe I'm missing something and this particular case of ammo isn't eligible for the rebate.  Either way, SGA has my business.

eta they also gave me a pen without even asking.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:06:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So I read this when it was in the ammo forum, and agreed with many of the comments.  I've been buying from SGA for many years, and have always been pleased.  Shipping very fast and reliable, and they catered to a special request one time to fulfill the order with a certain year of surplus ammo.  I'll also buy from the other vendors mentioned when the deals are there.

I wouldn't have posted here had I not been re-reading my recent SGA promo e-mail.  Shame on me!  They've been good to me for a lot of years!  I'm a loyal customer.

They give you the best deal they can it's clear.  For instance, they currently have 1k of XM855 for $269.50 + $16 shipping.  Very fair deal.  But if you apply the current Federal promos, you get another $.05 rebate per round.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  That gets you down to $219.50 + $16 shipping.  Granted, Federal has to uphold their end.  That's the best damn price on green tip I've ever seen commercially sold.  Maybe I'm missing something and this particular case of ammo isn't eligible for the rebate.  Either way, SGA has my business.

eta they also gave me a pen without even asking.
View Quote
That is bullshit! I have spent thousands with Sam and have never gotten a pen. I need to ask for a pen next time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:15:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
me too, haven't shopped there is a long long time due to prices and shipping charges
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost never pay for shipping. I always try to find deals with free shipping. I can't remember the last time I ordered from SG.
Lol, I bet you guys think you don't pay property taxes because you rent. You're paying for shipping, trust me
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#36]
SG usually delivers to my house the next day.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
loyalty
View Quote
I am loyal to my wallet! Does that count?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
SG is my go to. Haven't found anyone cheaper.
View Quote
Than you have not been looking!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top