Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad they caught it before you bought it.

Even more glad that it wasn't something up your butt that wasn't supposed to be there.

Like this.......click, I can't post a youtube video directly due to my membership level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caX9vrQArfw
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had an appendicitis in September. Woke up with abdominal pain had an MRI in the afternoon. Laparoscopic surgery by 10pm. Did not burst, did not leak. I was lucky. I hope you are too. Follow the surgeon's instructions for recovery time. Bad stuff can happen.
View Quote
How long was the recovery. At least till you felt better?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bingo! Going to get it taken out tomorrow. I was in pain for three days before I finally said fuck it and went. What's sad is that it's only slightly inflamed so it's not even all that critical.

V
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...
Bingo! Going to get it taken out tomorrow. I was in pain for three days before I finally said fuck it and went. What's sad is that it's only slightly inflamed so it's not even all that critical.

V
Pussy.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What the hell is wrong with people? We got yelled at for putting our fingers in our ears.

Healthcare should not cover some idiot putting a fake fist up his/her whatever. They can just hobble around with it as a sign for the rest of humanity.

Buncha damn weirdoes.
View Quote
So I have to amputate someone's arm now in case of an incident?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
now a days they go through your belly button --- no scar.

I got the scar.
View Quote
There's still a small scar. I got proof. Had mine removed in Africa.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was up walking around a couple hours after surgery. Started running two weeks later and started lifting weights 6 weeks after surgery. I never took any narcotics for pain, only Mobic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Are all of your hamsters accounted for?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Bingo! Going to get it taken out tomorrow. I was in pain for three days before I finally said fuck it and went. What’s sad is that it’s only slightly inflamed so it’s not even all that critical.

V
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...
Bingo! Going to get it taken out tomorrow. I was in pain for three days before I finally said fuck it and went. What’s sad is that it’s only slightly inflamed so it’s not even all that critical.

V
Ahh good times, how old are you op? Mine burst when i was 30, spent a week in the hospital
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had an appendicitis in September. Woke up with abdominal pain had an MRI in the afternoon. Laparoscopic surgery by 10pm. Did not burst, did not leak. I was lucky. I hope you are too. Follow the surgeon's instructions for recovery time. Bad stuff can happen.
I'd still like to know when the last time you pooped was, please.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Foreign body.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ahh good times, how old are you op? Mine burst when i was 30, spent a week in the hospital
View Quote
41 last week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was up walking around a couple hours after surgery. Started running two weeks later and started lifting weights 6 weeks after surgery. I never took any narcotics for pain, only Mobic.
View Quote
My recovery was similar. I took it easy for a week then slowly started walking around the block, then a few blocks, etc.

They kicked me out the morning after the surgery. They did the whole belly button laparoscopic thing with me. Luckily the surgeon on call when I went was the head of the organ transplant team so this was a cake walk for him. I did have a lot of black and blue marks on my stomach for a few weeks but it all went away, I can't find any scarring at all now.

Unfortunately for me my body didn't get along with the Morphine drip. I called it the puke button, as soon as I pushed the button I wanted to puke. I ended up not being able to use it and got by with Percocet.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh and funny tidbit, late at night after the surgery I got up to pee for the first time. It hurt like freakin hell and I screamed so loud the nurse came in.  It was only then that she told me I had had a catheter in and that I might be sore.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:57:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Chest

Hnnnnnnnggggggggggg

Pains

?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Gerbal?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Active labor

You pussy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Diverticulitis.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:03:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Rectal prolapse?

Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Because you read all of the arfcom threads saying "anything's a dildo if your brave enough" ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#21]
The gerbil went up further than you thought?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There's still a small scar. I got proof. Had mine removed in Africa.
View Quote
With a fucking pencil!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

V
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...

V
Oh, it can always be worse.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:24:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Lost a mayo jar up there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:41:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Lucky you went in when you did! My brother tried to tough it out. His almost ruptured. The doctor was surprised he could handle the pain for the time he had it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:28:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

V
View Quote
A woman who lived up the street from me died from a burst appendix that she ignored.  She was only around 40.  Don't ignore that shit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Mittelschmerz
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:46:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Rod Stewart Syndrome?

J-
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#29]
bet op tried to eat a lot of bubble gum to see how big of a bubble he could fart out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Colitis?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#31]
I had a very similar experience when I was 40. A bit of pain for 3 days, trip to the ER, and laparoscopic surgery to remove my appendix.

Recovery wasn't too bad. You'll be sore for a week or two, but it beats getting opened up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Be a man and take it out yourself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Dibs on ammo
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gall bladder went tits up...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I had mine out last April, 47 years old.  I came home from church, started feeling bad, slept all day with the feeling that everything would be alright if I could take a crap.  The wife comes to bed at 10:30 and tells me we are going to the ER.  By 1:30 I've been transferred to surgery and had it out shortly after.  By 9:30 I'm ready to go home.  No pain, but I was pretty tired for a few weeks, not doing anything didn't help.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ruptured diverticulum, BTW that is not fun.
View Quote
4 years ago my colon ruptured.  I thought I had a kidney stone and blew it off for 3 days.  They ended up removing 13".

Do not put it on your "To Do" list.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Fell better. Sucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Weren't you the ghey arfcommer?
Excessive jizz ingestion?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I will shoot the middle and say Gall Stones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gall bladder or kidney stones
I will shoot the middle and say Gall Stones.
Came here to say this.  I had gall stones......fucking hell.  I'd only wish them on RINOs and leftsts.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Flu OP?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

V
View Quote
Good you are getting out before it ruptured. I had pain for a week and ignored it. Then I woke in the middle of the night sweating and in so much I couldn’t stand up. Stayed curled up on the bed and eventually crawled to the car where I was driven to emergency room. Worst fucking pain I ever had.

I was in hospital for two weeks after surgery cleaning abscesses out of my abdomen from where it leaked all over the place. Then fucking got c-diff in the hospital from the heavy antibiotics I was on and was fucked up for about 6 months after release.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

V
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...

V
Hopefully that's all it is.

I was in the hospital for a couple of days while they were trying to figure out my abdominal pain. They were fixing to take my appendix out but did an emergency barium contrast enema (only one way to get it to your appendix in a short time! ) before they realized I just had viral pneumonia.

I was about 11 years old and had no idea what was about to happen when they did the enema. Talk about traumatic. Throwing up barium they just pumped into my butt was one of the worst experiences of my life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

V
View Quote
OP, give us some good news!

Are you on the mend?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Appendicitis.

Ask me how I know...
View Quote
I don't need to ask how you know. I might have died if I let mine go another day. It had ruptured a day and a half before I went to the hospital. The pain was excruciating.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Appendicitis SUCKS. On the bright side, even though you will be sore from the surgery, the pain will be much better when you wake up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#47]
How you feeling OP?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Diverticulitis.
View Quote
My guess
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Are you in my E.R.?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Are you in my E.R.?
View Quote
His last post date was on 1/19/2019 10:50:58 PM CST, which was in this thread on page 2.  Pretty sure he was still in the ER when he posted it.

Hope he's doing okay.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top