Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 6:15:59 PM EDT
I've seen Humvee's for sale with all the goodies but nothing as nice as this one:

www.milweb.net/webverts/7963/

No I don't know the man selling it, I just think it's cool to dream of frightening your friends with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
That was a sweet one. I can't wait to make enough loot to one day buy a Hummer, and not one of the pussy ones with a Bose sound system and leather seats. I just hope all this liablity crap with releasing the military ones to the public gets straightened out...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah can't sell our own government stuff to us civilians oooh might get sued.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a lot of money to ride in a shitty, windy, noisy, leaky, uncomfortable, vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a major problem with that one.

They said the panels were SANDBLASTED before repainting.

That's the WORST thing they could have done. It strips ALL the corrosion protective coatings off the aluminum, and the paint job isn't sufficient to protect it.

No, aluminum doesn't rust, but it sure as hell will corrode!   Those panels are all guaranteed to develop white powdery filiform corrosion before too long, and the paintjob is going to come off in sheets.

The only cure would be to strip back to bare aluminum (AGAIN) and this time, properly alodine  the panels and then use an aircraft grade primer under the paint.

I would not buy that vehicle even if I wanted it and could afford it.   It looks good but the sandblasting of the panels was just about the worst thing the restorers could possibly have done.

However, the photos are nice to have as a reference.   A friend of mine owns a surplus HMMWV and they will assist him with some of the setup details.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow!  Only 78,561.00 USD at this date's exchange rate!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top