BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to wiki:

Phillips served in the U.S. military during the Vietnam War[1][6] in the Marine Corps[7] as a Recon Ranger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Phillips_(activist)

I wish I was a USMC Recon Ranger.
View Quote
I'm assuming his DD214 is totally redacted because he can't talk about the black ops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He’s just waiting till it gets to III% then he’ll fo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They’re going to preserve every tweet that defames these boys.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1818/37C88279-2583-4B75-9A7B-AAA2CF7AD4C6_png-815529.JPG
Jeepers, charge yer damn phone.

He’s just waiting till it gets to III% then he’ll fo.
Alright, +1 Internets for you
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
According to wiki:

Phillips served in the U.S. military during the Vietnam War[1][6] in the Marine Corps[7] as a Recon Ranger

View Quote
So it seems he was in the Marines during 'nam but never went to 'nam. The word "during" keeps showing up.

What's a "Recon Ranger"?

One of the guys who shot in rifle competitions back when I was doing it was an actual Force Recon Marine who served in Vietnam. He was actually in 'nam several different times, once early '60s as an embassy Marine (his favorite time in service) and later leading a Force Recon unit. He also went to army Ranger school, so I guess he could call himself a "Recon Ranger".
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A Recon Ranger is a person that may or may not have served in the military but tells people they were a Recon Ranger because they have no idea what actual terms to use.  Recon Ranger sounds cool.  So they just go with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to wiki:

View Quote
Lol, wikipedia. Post a Snopes article next!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are no millennials still in high school. These kids are Gen Z.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope,  we don't.

Too many people are worried about playing by the rules, how bad we would look, and fighting fair against an enemy that will show zero mercy and fight as dirty as it gets.
It's not the ideal, objectively rational behavior, but given limited information, it's natural human behavior to reflexively support your team.

That is what stands out to me. Set aside the posters who waited for the full story. Ask what groups and narratives 'conservatives' reveal themselves instinctively supporting in the absence of a full story. They are not even on their own side.
Exactly. The posts below are the best examples of this in the thread. Not just conditioned responses but actually defending the conditioning.

bUT MuHLleNiALs

Quoted:
Quoted:

He attends a private Catholic school in Kentucky and this was during a school trip. They're already talking about expelling him because it reflects so poorly on their school.

Wish people here could be a hair more objective instead of seeing the MAGA and instantly siding with the dipshit regardless of evidence.

Every other thread here is people bitching about cocky, entitled, smug millennials yet here you have a shining example of this very thing yet people instantly defend him because of his hat.

If he wasn't wearing the hat the thread would be filled with people talking about "knocking that smug condescending face into the next century."
Best post in the thread. I was about to post the same thing. Thay kid needed his teeth kicked in.
There are no millennials still in high school. These kids are Gen Z.
I'm completely aware of that. See the posts I quoted?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
According to wiki:

View Quote
Wow. That's one step below a Space Shuttle Door Gunner. Dude had chops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Assploding some heads on fb asking why it was wrong for the kid to nonviolently stand and face his bully like gandi
View Quote
I got called a bully for asking my SIL if she would just watch the whole video and make up her own mind and showing her the consequences of the mob with people threatening this kid and his family.  such a mean man i am.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to wiki:

Chops?!?!

Is that a tomahawk joke?

Racist!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to wiki:

View Quote
Is that higher or lower than space force?
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
There is hope after all.

Love the way the kids stood there quietly while the scumbags screeched their hatred and abuse at them, and then quietly turned and walked away from their abusers.

Those kids have some class.

Unfortunately the screeching scum are probably dole-blunging scumbags and those kids, when they graduate will have to pay welfare to keep the scum in the manner to which they have become accustomed.

Hopefully this shutdown will see their EBT cards invalidated and they will have to go out to find meaningful employment instead of abusing school kids.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would lile to know my mans age as well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have we figured out if the charming Native American drumming enthusiast is actually a Vietnam veteran? Because I read somewhere he was 16 in 1971.
Either way he’s a lair with a history of race baiting
I would lile to know my mans age as well
Based on his age he gave, in interviews, over the last few years, his birth year would be 1955.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#14]
"Another member of the Indigenous Peoples March suggested that Phillips start singing, the photographer said. Phillips played a prayer song on a drum as he walked toward the students.

Some of the students began doing a "Tomahawk chop" and dancing, the video shows. Although Phillips said he found it offensive, he kept playing as he walked.

Most of the students moved out of his way, the video shows. But Sandmann stayed still.

When asked why he felt the need to walk into the group of students, Phillips said he was trying to reach the top of the memorial, where friends were standing. But Phillips also said he saw more than a teenage boy in front of him. He saw a long history of white oppression of Native Americans.

"Why I should go around him?" he asked. "I'm just thinking of 500 years of genocide in this country, what your people have done. You don't even see me as a human being."

Phillips said he blamed the students and the Hebrew Israelites for what happened."
View Quote
"
Sandmann, in his statement, said Phillips bore responsibility as well.

"He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face," the statement said. "I never interacted with this protester. I did not speak to him. I did not make any hand gestures or other aggressive moves. To be honest, I was startled and confused as to why he had approached me. We had already been yelled at by another group of protesters, and when the second group approached I was worried that a situation was getting out of control where adults were attempting to provoke teenagers."
View Quote
Note, there was LOTS of room on either side of the group of students, he didn't have to walk directly into the group. His story also changes in different reports.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-native-american-maga-hat-kentucky-20190120-story.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I've little hope for this country.
Most people are just convinced this is just aggressive teens encouraged by Trump's dog whistles.
They completely ignore racial slurs, threats of violence, calls to leave the country etc. Him smiling though, that's the real issue.
No matter what you say or do they just say you are a Trump sheep, racist, they are racist etc.

Ultimately they just want a good excuse to beat up Trump supporters. That's it.ive seen little old lady's say they would attack the kid. Insane.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#17]
This is what the Covington HS kids were dealing with before the drumming video.

Covington Catholic Kids Get Threatened Video, This Should Be News!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've little hope for this country.
Most people are just convinced this is just aggressive teens encouraged by Trump's dog whistles.
They completely ignore racial slurs, threats of violence, calls to leave the country etc. Him smiling though, that's the real issue.
No matter what you say or do they just say you are a Trump sheep, racist, they are racist etc.

Ultimately they just want a good excuse to beat up Trump supporters. That's it.ive seen little old lady's say they would attack the kid. Insane.
View Quote
Consider this, while even PROVEN to be untrue, this story has shown that the media controls the power to destroy a random group of not only 50 kids lives, but their families as well.

When PROVEN that that narrative was lies and misinformation or at the most benign level, SHEER INCOMPETENCE there has been no redaction.  No apologies. Just business as usual. Almost as if it were acceptable behavior

Moving on....
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Consider this, while even PROVEN to be untrue, this story has shown that the media controls the power to destroy a random group of not only 50 kids lives, but their families as well.

When PROVEN that that narrative was lies and misinformation or at the most benign level, SHEER INCOMPETENCE there has been no redaction.  No apologies. Just business as usual. Almost as if it were acceptable behavior

Moving on....
View Quote
Yep. When we attempt to blow out the flames they have fanned with truth they just turn their backs and hide the story. Basically they try and protect the narrative while letting go of the story itself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Our forefathers would be shooting by now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Follow this kid.

View Quote
I love it.

Starting to use the lefts play book! Love it!

Hope it won't be the last time. As it shouldn't!
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Left continue to stretch. Now the kids have a history of harrassing black people while in black face.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You jumped on the outrage mob before learning anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw a video of it earlier. The kid blocking the old man was a smug little shit desperately in need of having his ass beaten, and those around him weren’t any better. He had a very, very punchable face.

I sincerely hope they feel the sting of some nasty consequences
You jumped on the outrage mob before learning anything.
Given her posting history I'm not surprised that she took that position. Kid did literally nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Left continue to stretch. Now the kids have a history of harrassing black people while in black face.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127073/covington-catholic-blackface-2015_jpg-816537.JPG
View Quote
I see an ok sign in there. That seals it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Nathan Phillips may regret the day he decided to make yet another race-baiting move - especially if his service record turns out to have been embellished. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
View Quote
Doesn’t matter now. The fake news accusation has stuck on white boys and there’s no way to undo it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nathan Phillips may regret the day he decided to make yet another race-baiting move - especially if his service record turns out to have been embellished. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
View Quote
Sadly no one will give a shit nor will it be reported.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know if there is a FOIA on his 214?

If CNN paid him for his next day interview he should be in the prosecutable stolen valor zone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/127073/covington-catholic-blackface-2015_jpg-816537.JPG
View Quote
I'm local to Cov Cath HS. The caption is complete horse shit.

The pic (I believe) is actually from 2013, not 2015. It was a "black out game". The students wore all black, some wore masks, and some painted their face to match their clothing.

I'm also calling bullshit on the 100% white student body. Fuck, even in the D.C. video there is a black kid wearing a Cov Cath sweatshirt. Those racist black Israelite nuts were really attacking him.

As far as the "white collar families" stuff...more bullshit. I know people who went there and they were far from white collar. Their parents just worked and scraped to pay for their kids to go there, not wanting to put them in shit show public schools.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If CNN paid him for his next day interview he should be in the prosecutable stolen valor zone.
View Quote
Good question...Saw someone post on FB about how his story does not line up due to his age and that he would have had to join The Corps at 16.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know for sure This Ain't Hell has one in
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Goalposts will be shifted.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good question...Saw someone post on FB about how his story does not line up due to his age and that he would have had to join The Corps at 16.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read this posted elsewhere. Not sure who Chuck Thibault is but he wrote it.

"And the old man has a history

"So, the Native American political activist, Nathan Phillips, who says he was attacked by a 16 year old Catholic school boy, is 64 years old. He says that he is a Vietnam War veteran. The last troops left Vietnam on March 29, 1973, when Phillips was 17 years old.

Phillips claims that he did two tours in Vietnam. Tours can be anywhere from roughly 6 months to 2 years long. That means that Phillips would have had to have been, at the oldest, 16 when he started his 2 tours. Then you would have to take into account the time for his training and mobilizations.

Phillips also claimed that he was a “Recon Ranger” during the war. There was no such thing as a Recon Ranger. The closest thing to a “Recon Ranger” is the 75th Ranger Regiment Reconnaissance Company. But even that unit did not exist until 1984, a whole decade after the Vietnam War. Even if it did exist at the time, the training length would be at least six months, if not more. So, something here does not add up..."

-Chuck Thibault
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter now. The fake news accusation has stuck on white boys and there's no way to undo it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter now. The fake news accusation has stuck on white boys and there's no way to undo it.
Just like newspapers.  If they even decide to write a retraction, it'll be half a line on pay 22 next week.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Covington must have an AWESOME (all white) basketball team to be playing against a team from a university in Massachusetts.

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Covington must have an AWESOME (all white) basketball team to be playing against a team from a university in Massachusetts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on....

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wierd how they're all wearing black when the school colors are white and blue
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm local to these kids, they have my support.  The black Israelites on the other hand, they have my contempt.  They were stirring the pot.  The native Americans seem to have been cannon fodder.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The pic (I believe) is actually from 2013, not 2015. It was a "black out game". The students wore all black, some wore masks, and some painted their face to match their clothing.

I'm also calling bullshit on the 100% white student body. Fuck, even in the D.C. video there is a black kid wearing a Cov Cath sweatshirt. Those racist black Israelite nuts were really attacking him.

As far as the "white collar families" stuff...more bullshit. I know people who went there and they were far from white collar. Their parents just worked and scraped to pay for their kids to go there, not wanting to put them in shit show public schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll had to look up that term.

Incase anyone else doesn't l know

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/sports/ncaafootball/05blackout.html
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was thinking about how this thing caught fire and I think the reason so many people bit is because the Diocese of Covington shit on them.

Effectively, the Covington Diocese is  one step removed from the parents of the kids.  It is fairly reasonable to ASS/U/ME that if they're talking, they know something.

I put a LOT -- most --  of blame on the Diocese for shitting on their kids in public and legitimizing the whole witch hunt.

Anyone have a link to their apology? Oh -- wait -- they're still shitting on their kids.   From their website just now:

A Message from The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

link

Idiots.
View Quote
I emailed them.  Told them their actions were worse than the media.  Betrayal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So it seems he was in the Marines during 'nam but never went to 'nam. The word "during" keeps showing up.

What's a "Recon Ranger"?

One of the guys who shot in rifle competitions back when I was doing it was an actual Force Recon Marine who served in Vietnam. He was actually in 'nam several different times, once early '60s as an embassy Marine (his favorite time in service) and later leading a Force Recon unit. He also went to army Ranger school, so I guess he could call himself a "Recon Ranger".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to wiki:

What's a "Recon Ranger"?

Fraud.  Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fraud.  Guaranteed.
View Quote
Chief Spreading Bull
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Go on....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on....

Black player appears to be wearing a Clark University uniform. Clark University is in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Black player appears to be wearing a Clark University uniform. Clark University is in Worcester, Massachusetts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on....

I think it is Clark County.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh....what?

The black basketball player in the red uniform is from Clark County High School, in KY.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Please tell me someone requested Chief USMC Recon Ranger’s DD214.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top