Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2003 6:08:36 PM EDT
I just heard on the radio ( a local show )that in the state of Michigan, if a person is fully trained in martial arts, that person has to regester them-selves with the state. Is this true or is this just B.S.?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:13:54 PM EDT
Not totally sure, but I think I remember a Tae Kwon Do instructor telling me that upon achieving a certain rank you had to get registered. Telling some dude in a bar that your hands are registered weapons is a great prelude to having your ass kicked.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:15:41 PM EDT
I'd say BS. Been it the arts for many years, no plenty of 1-5th degree black belts(after the first, You are judged on Your students) and have never known this to be true. I do agree with JackBurton. One of the surest ways to tell a "Poser" is for them to tell You how "Badass" they are. "If He's bad, He don't need to tell You he is. He just is." Kinda' the whole "I'm a Badass Navy Seal" thing, all over again. Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:07:42 PM EDT
I call bs on this one too, I personally know plenty of black belts in variaus diciplins. None of them are registered Including myself.
Top Top