Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Come to the Great State of Kentucky,where you can go to a school that beats the hell out of everyone else in B-ball.Horseracing(the most beautiful farms on the planet)cheap booze,somewhat mild winter,and we love guns here.UK,U of Louisville,and a whole lot of very good smaller schools(including Berea,one of the best colleges in the US,you have the money,you can't get in).Best of luck!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what my dad has told me as well as what I have heard, its a depressing sort of place becuase it is rainy and foggy so much, true or no?? Also, isn't there a huge drug area with heroin and everything or did they just overkill it with the Kurt Cobain story etc.. I was just curious becuase thats the impression I have gotten, but I know I could be wrong. I heard also it has a high suicide rate, maybe its a place where psychologists are needed.. Hmm...I got a glimpse of Seattle from that awful show richgirls on mtv but it was the super rich part with the jeri rice trendy clothing store etc..
View Quote

BB,

I've been out in that area a number of times for business over the past 12-13 years (staying ~1 week each time) and they do get an obligatory 5 days of sunshine per year! [:)]

Seriously, I asked one of my NorthWet business associates about this and he says depression is rampant due to the "grey days" (rain & fog) most of the year. He was from NJ and told me that his Wife had a real hard time adjusting to the climate.

Although firearms ownership is real important to me, if I were you I would look to the best colleges to get the degrees you want/need and move there. Once college days are over, you can look at where to permanently live based on what is important to you (gun ownership = NOT NY/NJ/MA/CA/CT/MD, job opportunities, etc.)
View Quote

Hey, by the time she graduates with a PhD we'll have full-auto-shall-carry-w/bayonets in our state.

CW
View Quote

And here's your first client - after all he [b]has[/b] to be insane to think CA is going to have anything "shall-carry".
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what my dad has told me as well as what I have heard, its a depressing sort of place becuase it is rainy and foggy so much, true or no?? Also, isn't there a huge drug area with heroin and everything or did they just overkill it with the Kurt Cobain story etc.. I was just curious becuase thats the impression I have gotten, but I know I could be wrong. I heard also it has a high suicide rate, maybe its a place where psychologists are needed.. Hmm...I got a glimpse of Seattle from that awful show richgirls on mtv but it was the super rich part with the jeri rice trendy clothing store etc..
View Quote

BB,

I've been out in that area a number of times for business over the past 12-13 years (staying ~1 week each time) and they do get an obligatory 5 days of sunshine per year! [:)]

Seriously, I asked one of my NorthWet business associates about this and he says depression is rampant due to the "grey days" (rain & fog) most of the year. He was from NJ and told me that his Wife had a real hard time adjusting to the climate.

Although firearms ownership is real important to me, if I were you I would look to the best colleges to get the degrees you want/need and move there. Once college days are over, you can look at where to permanently live based on what is important to you (gun ownership = NOT NY/NJ/MA/CA/CT/MD, job opportunities, etc.)
View Quote

Hey, by the time she graduates with a PhD we'll have full-auto-shall-carry-w/bayonets in our state.

CW
View Quote

And here's your first client - after all he [b]has[/b] to be insane to think CA is going to have anything "shall-carry".
View Quote

Hey, I get up in the morning, worship the sun, take my tactical cockateils for a walk and listen to Streisand CD's in my electric car on my way to work at the newly constructed, environmentally sound Robert Redford building. Doesn't everybody live like this?  [whacko]

CW
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top