BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
shoot more full auto.

fuck those neighbors

eventually they will just happen to come by to see what is going on. You will know who was the prick that called.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So 3 of 4 neighbors shoot all the time?  If you get a raiding party together, you can all have a little more land.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in Ohio are you?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I reside on quarter acre lot within a planned community, so no outdoor recreational shooting for me. However if I did have the good fortune to
have such a property, why do I have to bend over backwards to enjoy my property. If I’m not shooting at night or early morning,why do I have to
ask permission to perform a legal activity. Shouldn’t the police then investigate someone having a drum circle at sunset,because I “feel “” the
neighbors maybe using some type of illicit drug?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
A signal cannon and paper wad pointed in the right direction would help him learn what a cannon sounds like.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
This. Get one of those miniature replica cannons that shoot soup cans filled with concrete or a replica Civil War mortar that shoots bowling balls.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
This is the right answer
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Bernie Mac - House party 2 (fuck em scene)
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I would having my perfectly legal fun and let him keep calling the PoPo.   The PoPo will eventually quit responding or the neighbor will learn that there't nothing he can do about what you legally do on your land.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 Show me your backstop
View Quote
Is this a requirement or a request.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#12]
As stated above, the answer is Tannerite...the answer is always Tannerite
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Damn near every time. Especially if more than jus me or if I shoot S.B.R. Unsuppressed.
50 acres range 5000 yrds. From neighbor who complains
View Quote

Your neighbor 2.75 miles away is complaining?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go to neighbors house to talk.  Act very sorry and use a conciliatory approach. Mid convo ask neighbor if you can use the restroom.  Leave and upper decker in the toilet and go home.
View Quote
I’d be more apt to take a bunch of stool softeners, cut off the toilet water and flush prior so my little shit mountain sticks up out of the water and when I am done I would stick one of those little American flag toothpicks like Denny’s used to put in hamburgers into the summit of NFG’s Peak.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would having my perfectly legal fun and let him keep calling the PoPo.   The PoPo will eventually quit responding or the neighbor will learn that there't nothing he can do about what you legally do on your land.
View Quote
This, but also, the OP needs to buy a few gigantic speakers, like the kind heavy metal bands use for stadium rock concerts, and play this starting at 5 a.m. every morning.

Slim Whitman - Indian Love Call 1952
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm old & like my peace and quiet and don't like a lot of gunfire in the neighborhood that I am not in on...

Someone said bring tannerite? I'll be right over...
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, I have to get in on this for the official Piss Off Ohio Neighbors Invitational. #OhioGunsMatter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's generally a request, but I'm not leaving till you do.  That way I can note that I was there, I investigated, and I found nothing wrong.  That way when Ms. Moved out to the country for peace and quiet calls again, the call notes will reflect that we've been there before and found nothing wrong.  Then the dispatchers can tell them that there is nothing illegal going on and save me from having to go there again and waste more of my time, your time and our time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's generally a request, but I'm not leaving till you do.  That way I can note that I was there, I investigated, and I found nothing wrong.  That way when Ms. Moved out to the country for peace and quiet calls again, the call notes will reflect that we've been there before and found nothing wrong.  Then the dispatchers can tell them that there is nothing illegal going on and save me from having to go there again and waste more of my time, your time and our time.
A request where you won’t leave if it isn’t followed isn’t really a request is it?
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This, but also, the OP needs to buy a few gigantic speakers, like the kind heavy metal bands use for stadium rock concerts, and play this starting at 5 a.m. every morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBuk1HXcz1k
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck his wife.

Says so right in the rule book.
View Quote
And take his dog.

Appendix (c)
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Neighbors called on me a few times over the years when I had property claiming I was shooting full auto unsafely  . Showed up while we were shooting and each time they were pretty cool about it. Asked what we were shooting and if we had a backstop then said have a great day and enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:24:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
I’m given to understand that the black powder variety are not regulated as firearms or DDs. Light it off at 5am
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OK, I have to get in on this for the official Piss Off Ohio Neighbors Invitational. #OhioGunsMatter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Hope you guys have better luck than the ARF Eastern TN Sasquatch Mission had.

Big let down.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
And then when the cunty neighbor brings a noise complaint, OP counters with a freedom of speech/religion lawsuit, saying he is a member of an obscure religious sect that REQUIRES him to listen to high decibel Slim Whitman yodeling every morning at 5 a.m.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I would put up flood lights on my range and shoot in the middle of the night
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#30]
been there, done that

If you have a private range, pretty much expect that somebody will call the police. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it will. Be prepared with your back-up paperwork to demonstrate that you are perfectly legal. In my AO, I printed off a copy of the applicable State and County laws/regs and an aerial map illustrating that I am the required distances from occupied structures and right-of-ways. Of course, also make certain your range is adequate to safely handle whatever you are shooting.

ETA- IF you do set up a private range, just be aware that if there is ever a bullet found someplace it shouldn't be within 5 miles of your range, YOU will have a lot fingers pointed your way regardless of whether it could have come from your property or not. IIRC, we had a member here who shared his year long saga dealing with that shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I have had two occasions similar to this. Once on Grandpa's farm. out behind the barn pistol plinking. turn around and there sits the deputy. very cool about it. looked over the area to make sure backstop was safe and I wasn't stupid. said he wished he had someplace like this for recreational ballistic therapy. on his way he went.
Second occurrence. A buddy of mine owns an old limestone quary. basically a 20' deep pit about 15 acres. we took all of the old tires and such around the property and stacked them up against one of the rock walls to make a substantial backstop. we were out one day and the game warden rolls up. someone said we must be poaching. again, very cool. looked over our set up. complimented us on recycling tires, went to tell whoever we were doing nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:31:58 AM EDT
[#32]
We live in city limits.  Every now and then I hear a few gunshots from the neighbors.  I figure they are on prairie dog control.

im waiting for the day the cops get called.  I could care less about them shooting.

i don't use but a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Invite the deputies to shoot on your range in their off time.  They will appreciate a safe place to shoot with easy access.  When the neighbor calls to complain dispatch can tell them the SO is shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fuck his wife.

Says so right in the rule book.
View Quote
Rules are rules and all, but evidence presented would indicate she's into pegging.  Watch out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Buy a cannon...

....then shoot it at some tannerite!

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Have a BBQ and invite "grumpy" neighbor as well as cool ones.  Shoot at the BBQ, perhaps you can "convert" a new gun owner to the cause.  If not Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Don't I recall you once suggesting your love of Boer War reenactment?

Live your dreams!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Being the Jag off I am I would buy some really loud speakers point them in their general direction and play some metal music from 11pm till sunup . Then shoot guns all day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Have a Leo BBQ day at your range
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Busy body old people are the worst.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tannerite
View Quote
Not in Ohio.  It actually is illegal but most cops think that is still legal and I do my best to keep feeding that assumption.

OP, I'll come over for a full auto shoot and bring the guns depending on location.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
New neighbor called them to my place once when I had friends over playing with NFA toys. Deputy told them it was private property and unless we were doing something unsafe, they were just SOL. He then came down and hung out and shot with us for a few minutes until he had to answer another call.
View Quote
Sounds like someone I'd offer a beer.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the landowner refuses your request what would be your recourse.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Buy a real cannon.
View Quote
This is the only appropriate course of action.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Your neighbor 2.75 miles away is complaining?
View Quote
last time we had someone call in a complaint it was one that was nearly 3 miles away.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#47]
The old HTF shoots were epic. Police always showed up and had no idea what to do with us.

Exact quote “We’re pretty sure the machine guns are illegal, but we know the explosives are”.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would be SOOOO pissed if my neighbor was shooting full auto and didn't invite me over.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, it's happened to me on a couple of occasions back when I first bought my hunting/fishing/range property. It went away as the complainers were told I was GTG.

I always try to shoot during the day from 1000 - 1500. Most folks are at work then and it's before kids get dropped off by the school bus across the road from my entrance. Better light too.

If I shoot on a weekend it's usually suppressed unless it's just a few rounds to test out something.

As I'm retired it's no big deal to choose hours where I won't be waking folks up, shooting during supper time, or otherwise calling undue attention to myself.

LOL....I do take my "cannon" down there every now and again and touch it off.....It's a different kind of loud.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Take the can off the FAL.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top