BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shit. I'm not through the second season - I've been away on vacay for 2 weeks... I just watched the 5th episode? Where the supes got out of the nuthouse. I hope it doesn't go to shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine if after the fantastic S1 that introduced us to fascinating characters, intriguing storylines, and a world we really wanted to see more of....  S2 was the same shit quality as S7/S8 with horrible lazy writing, plot holes you could fly a 747 through, and characters doing shit that made absolutely no sense.

That's what just happened to The Boys.
I don't cable (except for Internet), satellite or Netflix.
What was The Boys supposedly about

Imagine if superheros existed in the real world.  Would they be like Superman trying to help everyone or would they just be doing whatever the fuck they wanted because no one could stop them?  The show is basically Disney (ruthless AF behind the scenes, but happy and kid friendly to the public) if the superheroes in their movies really existed and a group of guys that try to stop them.

S1 was great, but I DO NOT recommend the series.

Shit. I'm not through the second season - I've been away on vacay for 2 weeks... I just watched the 5th episode? Where the supes got out of the nuthouse. I hope it doesn't go to shit.

The Boys S2 really reminded me a lot of GoT S8.

- Lazy AF writing.

- Bad writing.

- Characters doing things that make no sense.

- Retconning the fuck out of previous seasons.

- By the end it is so fuckin' awful you find yourself hoping the big bad "villain" would have just killed everyone.

Not really spoilers, but just to be on the safe side:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Jon Snow Applies For A Job At Best Buy... It Doesn't End Well...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Like I said, I don't have cable or satellite, just OTA stuff.
And I'm very glad of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine if after the fantastic S1 that introduced us to fascinating characters, intriguing storylines, and a world we really wanted to see more of....  S2 was the same shit quality as S7/S8 with horrible lazy writing, plot holes you could fly a 747 through, and characters doing shit that made absolutely no sense.

That's what just happened to The Boys.
I don't cable (except for Internet), satellite or Netflix.
What was The Boys supposedly about

Imagine if superheros existed in the real world.  Would they be like Superman trying to help everyone or would they just be doing whatever the fuck they wanted because no one could stop them?  The show is basically Disney (ruthless AF behind the scenes, but happy and kid friendly to the public) if the superheroes in their movies really existed and a group of guys that try to stop them.

S1 was great, but I DO NOT recommend the series.

After you watch episode 7:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/The-Boys-Season-2--OFFICIAL-THREAD-/5-2342794/?page=12#i88103164

After you watch episode 8:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-Boys-Season-2--OFFICIAL-THREAD-/5-2342794/&page=15#i88249575

Like I said, I don't have cable or satellite, just OTA stuff.
And I'm very glad of it.

It’s not on cable or satellite.  The Boys is on Amazon Prime
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:It’s not on cable or satellite.  The Boys is on Amazon Prime
View Quote
I don't have that either.
BTDT:  Prime is overrated and overpriced.

Back to Mr. Williams.  He's finally freaking out about the Final, too.

Game of Thrones 8x6 Part 1
Game of Thrones 8x6 Part 1 (REACTION) "The Iron Throne"
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
For the kneelers who insisted that Dumb and Dumber knew they were going to have Arya kill the NK 4+ seasons ago:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For the kneelers who insisted that Dumb and Dumber knew they were going to have Arya kill the NK 4+ seasons ago:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/41281637-F344-402B-9FEF-8FB5650A6EB2_jpe-1631874.JPG
View Quote

Dumb and Dumber are so dumb.

Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/41281637-F344-402B-9FEF-8FB5650A6EB2_jpe-1631874.JPG
View Quote

Benioff stated they didn't decide on Arya killing the NK until they saw the Arya-Brienne sparring scene in S7 (probably during filming).

That's how late in the game they were making shit up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Benioff stated they didn't decide on Arya killing the NK until they saw the Arya-Brienne sparring scene in S7 (probably during filming).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember those articles the kneelers pulled out of their asses attempting to justify it?

One even claimed that Dumb and Dumber knew all the way back in THE VERY FIRST EPISODE.  It claimed that when Arya sneaked up on Bran in the courtyard it was foreshadowing for when Ayra would sneak up on the NK in the godswood.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
So, nine years and a complete lockdown later and fat fuck still hasn’t finished his book.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
By the old gods and the new, that was the 2nd worst fight scene in the show.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#13]
7 years (can’t believe it’s been that long) after Dexter’s horrible finale Showtime is bringing back the show as a limited series that will, presumably, fix the ending.

Your move HBO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Arya is the Ancestor of Dexter????

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Game of Thrones 8x6 (FINAL REACTION!)
Game of Thrones 8x6 (FINAL REACTION!) "Iron Throne"
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#17]
@happycynic might be the only guy here to get this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm slowly reading the Novels - Book 2 now - and I'm starting to wonder: How did Jaqen H'ghar get captured?

Considering how Super-duper the Faceless Men are, how did he end up in Leg-Irons
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Last night's game?  I only caught the end, was watching the debate.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm slowly reading the Novels - Book 2 now - and I'm starting to wonder: How did Jaqen H'ghar get captured?

Considering how Super-duper the Faceless Men are, how did he end up in Leg-Irons
View Quote
They weren't quite so super in the books.  They were more pure assassins rather than super-ninjas.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

A better meme would be the Falcons vs Patriots super bowl at half time.

Link Posted: 10/23/2020 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not as topical.

Though I guess we could do the 2020 Falcons/Cowboys game where they had a 99.9% chance of winning or the 2020 Falcons/Bears game where they had a 99.6% chance of winning.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

He probably meant to get captured, but it didn't go the way he wanted?

We don't really know. It's one of the things we haven't learned yet. Supposedly he's over in Oldtown pulling shenanigans.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I maintain that the Starks are the best example of Dumb and Dumber’s incompetence as writers.  I mean how horrible of a writer do you have to be to take the fan favorite family another writer created, try to get the audience to continue to like them, and instead cause a large portion of the audience to view them as villains in the end?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I maintain that the Starks are the best example of Dumb and Dumber's incompetence as writers.  I mean how horrible of a writer do you have to be to take the fan favorite family another writer created, try to get the audience to continue to like them, and instead cause a large portion of the audience to view them as villains in the end?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/E2CA8D92-7208-406A-97E6-498376A9F783_jpe-1660815.JPG
View Quote
Because if you're a cultural marxist, the fact that the Starks have a stronk womyn Queen and a stronk womyn super-ninja assassin automatically makes them the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#28]

I would really like to have seen more scenes in, say S7, where Daenerys gets to let her facade down more with Jon. They really needed more interaction to sell the love story. Personally, I think Emilia did a great job with what she was given but had there been more interactions, it would have been mo bettah.

I still like the comment I heard not too long ago "season 8 seems like a highlight reel of Seasons 8, 9 and 10"
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#29]
This sums up my feelings on the show pretty well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would really like to have seen more scenes in, say S7, where Daenerys gets to let her facade down more with Jon. They really needed more interaction to sell the love story. Personally, I think Emilia did a great job with what she was given but had there been more interactions, it would have been mo bettah.

I still like the comment I heard not too long ago "season 8 seems like a highlight reel of Seasons 8, 9 and 10"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Those were the highlights?!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those were the highlights?!
View Quote

Yeah! Well, it was like those were the major events, but we didn't get to see the details that led to them!
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:52:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Every Game of Thrones Recap Seasons 1 through 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5m-WMHSDE
View Quote

I miss thst show.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The best comparison I can think of is the 28-3 Super Bowl.

Falcons lead the Patriots 28-3 with 20 mins left in the game. Statistically they have a 99.8% chance of winning so there's no way they can ruin it, right?

What proceeds to happen from that point is a slow progression of THE most incompetent performance in pro sports history.  A team that all they had to do to win was not spectacularly suck.  That's it.  They didn't even have to be average.  Just don't spectacularly suck and you'll win.... and they couldn't even do that.

Everything going their way, impossible to lose, and they still found a way to ruin it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:I miss thst show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every Game of Thrones Recap Seasons 1 through 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ5m-WMHSDE
I miss thst show.
I did have its moments.

Meanwhile, back at GRRM's ranch.....

How To Defeat The White Walkers In The Books? - The Winds of Winter Theory (A Song of Ice and Fire)

How To Defeat The White Walkers In The Books? - The Winds of Winter Theory (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Ms Maisie got typecast.

Dr. Who meets Arya Stark.  

Sort of

The Owners
The Owners - Exclusive Official Trailer (2020) Maisie Williams
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Maisie needs a new job.
I saw the DVD and Blu-Ray at a Wally-World during the weekend.

I just finished book 2...

In the Series Tyrion Lannister doesn't do much fighting.
In the novels he's such a fearsome fighter that Chuck Norris might nod his head.

Etcetera.....

There is more thought and planning in One of these videos that there was all in Season 8

Arya Stark | Only One God
(GoT) Arya Stark | Only One God
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:41:47 AM EDT
[#38]
GRRM strikes again.

I'm starting to be curious as to who's going to be president when the book comes out.

President Trump or President Harris.

George R.R. Martin Gives Another 'The Winds of Winter' Update!
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I started reading a game Of thrones today. Trying to decide if I should do a third read through of the series now or not.

I imagine it is way too early for this to be my pre winds of winter read through. Not sure if I should go on and do it or not.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#41]

2020 is turning into even more of a shitshow. The election shit, COVID lockdowns Part Deux...

... and I found out on Thursday that my job ends on March 31.

Quoted:
I started reading a game Of thrones today. Trying to decide if I should do a third read through of the series now or not.

I imagine it is way too early for this to be my pre winds of winter read through. Not sure if I should go on and do it or not.

Well, George is taking his dear sweet fucking time with it. I think it took me near 6 months to read the whole 5 books. I slowed down a lot on the last book because I just didn't want it to end.

The thing I'm looking forward to with The Winds of Winter, aside from the book itself, is all the analysis and theory that will come out on YouTube. There are a few really good channels with some really in-depth theories and analysis. TWoW will generate a ton of entertaining content.  

My plan will be once TWoW is announced, to re-read at least ADWD and maybe AFFC. I've got the Dunk and Egg short stories that I have been procrastinating on getting into. They do tie into the main story in a few areas, so I understand, and George has said he has another short D&E story he wants to put out before ADoS, since it will likely reveal something relevant.

I'd say dig in. It can't hurt anything to read them now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]
In in the early part of Book 3.
The Queen of Thorns has just arrived.

I was rather looking forward to this scene.
It's a pity it wasn't in the books, it's such a Fun scene.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:20:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Meanwhile, back in April of 2019:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I just reread the three Dunk and Egg stories over the weekend. Those are a really fun read. It is interesting while reading them to try to figure out what is in them that will play into the resolution of the main series.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I won’t ever rewatch this series, but if I did, I’d be rooting for the Mountain.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I won't ever rewatch this series, but if I did, I'd be rooting for the Mountain.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/410E9567-F267-4736-A79E-7BF45D8A386B_jpe-1691504.JPG
View Quote
The trick is to not think of actors as people.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ms Maisie got typecast.

Sort of

The Owners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bWNtjwCW4
View Quote

In her two Dr Who episodes she was more Arya Stark than that show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#48]
I watched the New Mutants last night, she wasn't anything like Arya Stark in that one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ms Maisie got typecast.

Sort of

The Owners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bWNtjwCW4

Three
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I watched the New Mutants last night, she wasn't anything like Arya Stark in that one.
View Quote

I heard that movie was a total shit show.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top