cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2003/12/12/284825-ap.html

Eye for an eye,
I actually like this decision.

Fu**ing Scum. I mean who the F*** in there right mind would think,
"You know im pretty mad at so and so, Im gonna blind them with acid."

[/clerks] Fu**ing Savages [/clerks]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
In the ME men throwing acid on people is very common.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
were did he get acid?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh those petulant Pakastani people of the Punjab Province.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Clone.
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]
i like it
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Judge orders man blinded for acid attack

By KHALID TANVEER - Associated Press

MULTAN, Pakistan (AP) -- A judge has ruled that a Pakistani man convicted of attacking his 17-year-old fiancee with acid be blinded with acid himself, police said Friday.

Mohammed Sajid, 19, poured acid on the face of his fiancee Rabia Bibi on June 24 in Bahawalpur, a city in the eastern Pakistani province of Punjab. His two brothers were also convicted of taking part.

The woman lost both eyes and her face was burned in the attack, which police said followed a minor dispute between the couple.

Judge Afzal Sharif ruled Thursday at a court in Bahawalpur that Sajid and his brothers were guilty of the attack and be jailed for seven years, and that Sajid be blinded by acid, said Rana Riaz, a local police official.

The judge ordered that a doctor perform the punishment publicly at a sports stadium.

[red]"This is an Islamic way of doing justice," the judge wrote in his verdict[/red].

Police said the defendant was likely to appeal his conviction and the sentence.

[red]Violence against women, including acid attacks, are common in Pakistan, particularly in rural and deeply conservative tribal regions[/red].
View Quote

[size=1]ISLAM THE RELIGION OF PEACE...![/SIZE=1]

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
were did he get acid?
View Quote

At a guess, ummmm Car batteries?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Liquid Plummer

Let us all be thankful that we weren't born in that culture.

For the grace of God go I.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You bunch of hypocrits! How many times have you been mad at your SO and thought, if I just had some acid to throw in her face this argument would be so over!

Who's with me on this!

Anybody?

Hello?

Ahemmm. Maybe not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
The same thing happened in VA acouple of years ago.

Exhusband paid some of the dirt bags that worked for him to do it.

I dont like the eye for an eye thing. I think it should be two arms and a leg plus the eye for an eye.
Tit for tat is bullshit. The punishment should be far worse than the crime.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You bunch of hypocrits! How many times have you been mad at your SO and thought, if I just had some acid to throw in her face this argument would be so over!

Who's with me on this!

Anybody?

Hello?

Ahemmm. Maybe not.
View Quote

[rofl]

[/jim bruer] Who's comin with me?!? [/jim breuer]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
were did he get acid?
View Quote

Deadheads?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder what kind of acid he got.  I'm guessing either sulfuric acid or nitric acid.  Both are easy to get/make.  Nitric acid works much faster than sulfuric acid, but both will do terrible damage pretty fast.

I got a drop of sulfuric acid on my arm once without knowing it, but I knew it in about five seconds.  It began burning, then stinging.  I quickly ran to the bathroom and washed it off, and even though it was only on my skin for about 15 seconds it left a red, badly swollen spot on my arm.  But that healed pretty fast.

I also accidentally splashed niric acid on my ankle.  it went through my sock and immediately, I'm talking less than a second, began burning like crazy.  Within less than 8 seconds I had it completely washed off (I was next to a hose), but it deeply burned a few small spots.  Six months afterwords, the three little red scars, about a half a centimeter in diameter each, are very easily visible.

If I had to choose, I'd chose sulfuric for this guy.  It works slower.

EDITED TO CHANGE "new" TO "knew"
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wonder what kind of acid he got.  I'm guessing either sulfuric acid or nitric acid.  Both are easy to get/make.  Nitric acid works much faster than sulfuric acid, but both will do terrible damage pretty fast.

I got a drop of sulfuric acid on my arm once without knowing it, but I new it in about five seconds.  It began burning, then stinging.  I quickly ran to the bathroom and washed it off, and even though it was only on my skin for about 15 seconds it left a red, badly swollen spot on my arm.  But that healed pretty fast.

I also accidentally splashed niric acid on my ankle.  it went through my sock and immediately, I'm talking less than a second, began burning like crazy.  Within less than 8 seconds I had it completely washed off (I was next to a hose), but it deeply burned a few small spots.  Six months afterwords, the three little red scars, about a half a centimeter in diameter each, are very easily visible.

View Quote

Dude, you need to stay away from acid.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a drop of sulfuric acid on my arm once without knowing it, but I new it in about five seconds.  It began burning, then stinging.  I quickly ran to the bathroom and washed it off, and even though it was only on my skin for about 15 seconds it left a red, badly swollen spot on my arm.  But that healed pretty fast.

View Quote

Dude, you need to stay away from acid.
View Quote

LOL!!! No kidding!  Put the acid down....
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#18]
maybe it was muric acid? that stuff burns
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope it's not the brown acid.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

From the sixties?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Liquid Plummer

Let us all be thankful that we weren't born in that culture.

For the grace of God go I.
View Quote

Sodium hydroxide is a base, not an acid.  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Acid in the eyes? Sounds like the judge is no better than the accused.

Any man who would throw acid in his fiance's face needs to be destroyed just like any other dangerous animal.

He should get the needle, hanging, firing squad, electrocution, even stoning, but not torture.

Torture can not be part of a civilized criminal justice system.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn acid spewing aliens!

[img]http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~aac65140/images/bigchap/0026.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#24]
It's just the peaceful people.[BD]

In Turkey I seen a thief get his right hand cut off for stealing.(if convected again he would lose his other hand)
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

From the sixties?
View Quote

From Woodstock (the movie, I'm not that old).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top