Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 11:12:33 AM EDT
Story

KIRKWOOD, Mo. - _ A man has apparently promised authorities he'll stop storing and brokering human body parts out of his home.

Richard Leutheuser, a designer and builder of swimming pools who dabbles in providing donated body parts for science, says he's working with this St. Louis suburb to find a location where zoning allows his sidelight business.

Leutheuser's business surfaced last month when FedEx workers opened leaking packages bound for his home and found an arm and two legs, each limb wrapped and placed in dry ice.

Leutheuser said he was a middleman for a California-based company, and investigators said he did nothing wrong, aside from having an unlicensed home business. City zoning rules also bar the storage of business inventory in a residential area, whether "they're body parts or whatever," said Dan Niebaum, Kirkwood city planner.

Leutheuser has told the city he would move that business to a site commercially zoned, Niebaum said.

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey if he can make a buck, what the heck.
Seems like it would be a nasty business.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I would have paid money to see thelook on that Fedex guys face when they opened it up!!

[puke]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimless
 12/12/2003 4:06:44 PM

I'll pass on donating my body, thanks.  

---

But please don't discourage others from doing so.  We (medical students and physicians) are so very grateful for those who have provided their bodies to serve science and further our eduction.  At least in the Gross Anatomy course, the bodies are treated with the utmost respect.  Horseplay will net you instant expulsion from med school, no question.

-jsb.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
He was just trying to get a leg up on the competition...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
An arms dealer.

My kinda guy![:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He was just trying to get a leg up on the competition...
View Quote

...selling various, er, [red]appendages[/red] of the human body.

His comment: "The pay is lousy, but the [b]tips[/b] are good".....[puke][shock][:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
An arms dealer.

My kinda guy![:D]
View Quote

[LOL]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top