Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2003 10:19:54 AM EDT
I have never felt this way before even with girls I have been with for a while.

but i really fell for this girl liked everything about her. about a week ago i found out she was married and it actually hurt me i really liked her as a person.

WTF life can be pretty fucked up sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:23:57 AM EDT
It must be in the air...same thing here.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:24:08 AM EDT
Life continuously screws us over so that when something good finally DOES happen, we appreciate it that much more.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:24:28 AM EDT
I think the majority of us know exactly how you feel.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:25:09 AM EDT
Look at it this way if she didn't have the decency to tell you that she was married still then she's not as great as you thought.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:25:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha: I think the majority of us know exactly how you feel.
View Quote
[wave]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:27:45 AM EDT
Don't fret, you will find someone else that is worthy. Cheaters never win.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 10:31:00 AM EDT by Mak762]
yeah the way I found out was I was introduced to her husband. That really hurt! its just weird because you will start getting to know someone and its like "this is awesome" like talking with a real good friend. its not like there aren't other girls but when you met someone so compatible, its just amazining. I can honestly say I was into her more than any other girl and i only knew her for a short time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:34:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 10:39:08 AM EDT by Cypher214]
Originally Posted By Mak762: yeah the way I found out was I was introduced to her husband. That really hurt! its just weird because you will start getting to know someone and its like "this is great"
View Quote
Women will do that often, and sometimes not intentionally. Someone here has the link to the ladder theory, I'm sure. Women will often times have what they consider to be "friends". Very often, the "friend" believes he is much more... or at least has the potential to be more. The woman has no qualls about keeping this "friend" despite other men that she considers to be "more than friends". You are/were her friend. She thought nothing of introducing you to her husband because she figures you feel the same way about your friend status. Men constantly consider themselves to be more than friends, when the woman has something different in mind. She may seem like she is becoming more than a friend, but in reality a friendship is all she sees it as. Again, read up on the ladder theory, it makes a whole lot of sense... especially after it has happened to you personally. Generally, nice guys go through it a lot. I've always been the "sweet guy that's fun to talk to", but women don't want to date. Obvious to us all, women like assholes. Rarely you will come across a woman who actually likes to be treated well, and you will be set. I came to the point a long time ago where I said no more friendships. If I saw it heading toward a normal (no sex) friendship, I broke it off. You will save yourself a lot of grief in the future if you take that attitude instead of spending a lot of time with a woman and becoming attached to her only to find out that she considers you a "friend" (in other words, no nookie for you).
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:40:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: I have never felt this way before even with girls I have been with for a while. but i really fell for this girl liked everything about her. about a week ago i found out she was married and it actually hurt me i really liked her as a person. WTF life can be pretty fucked up sometimes.
View Quote
Hey, I'm with you. Same state, same sort of situation. AR15.Com beer meet..? [:)] Mike
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:41:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cypher214: Women will do that often, and sometimes not intentionally. Someone here has the link to the ladder theory, I'm sure. Women will often times have what they consider to be "friends". Very often, the "friend" believes he is much more... or at least has the potential to be more. You are/were her friend. She thought nothing of introducing you to her husband because she figures you feel the same way about your friend status.
View Quote
thanks i think that explains it, I fell for it see I saw it as someone who was into me. sometimes its hard to tell if they dig you i mistaked friendly for flirting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:42:41 AM EDT
Sorry, dude. It's like getting punched in the stomach but it lasts longer. As someone who has been cheated on and divorced by women I trusted, I can only say it will get better. (but you know that) And when you find the right one, you will really appreciate her.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:50:30 AM EDT
You and anyone who has been through something similar, read this, take it to heart, there is more truth here than anyone can imagine. [url]http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:58:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: yeah the way I found out was I was introduced to her husband. That really hurt!
View Quote
Right now, why you are still hurting, write 1000 times "All that glitters is not gold. I will always investigate before I act." Then have a cold one and count yourself lucky. There is no creepier feeling than finding out after the fact that you have boned somebody else's wife. [Note to the English majors in the house: I know it's "glisters" in the original.]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:08:07 AM EDT
I know, it sucks alot. Time seems to help.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:14:43 AM EDT
I hate that, I met a girl once, totally hit it off, she was totally flirting. In the middle of the conversation she asks me if i have ever seen the movie falling down. (one of my favorties at the time) I thought right there that god was sending me a sign. Marry this one. So on and on, we are at party, and I say hello, Hi there, I'd like you to meet my husband. Jaw dropped!, it's hard that way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:16:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Ghostchild: I hate that, I met a girl once, totally hit it off, she was totally flirting. In the middle of the conversation she asks me if i have ever seen the movie falling down. (one of my favorties at the time) I thought right there that god was sending me a sign. Marry this one. So on and on, we are at party, and I say hello, Hi there, I'd like you to meet my husband. Jaw dropped!, it's hard that way.
View Quote
Very simliar situation I was like thank you god this is great!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:23:24 AM EDT
Do all of these chicks not wear their wedding rings or what? First thing I always do is look for a ring or the telltale white circle around the finger if the ring is missing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:25:01 PM EDT
ouch thats a hard way to find out. Lots of fish in the sea.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:12:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:17:41 PM EDT
Did you have sex with her? If so, she is a worthless pig that doesn't ever deserve a second thought from you. Sorry, that's harsh but it's the truth, if she cheated on her husband with you, she is a piece of shit. Don't waste another thought on her. You got lucky, just think if the timing was different and you married her. I am sure her husband thought all those same great thoughts about her that you did, now she is banging other guys.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:21:43 PM EDT
Hey, I know what would make you feel better. Read M4Aiming at you's post about the guys that tried to drown their dog. Seriously it made my day. You'll like it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:34:23 PM EDT
Love is a stupid game, only way to win is not to play.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:34:33 PM EDT
Think you had it bad, I dated a girl for a year and a half, we were extremly serious and figuring we would be together for a long long time. We'll one day she dropped the bomb with "Either the AK goes or I do". Lots of arguing later, we'll lets just say as I type this my guns are 5 ft away from me, not that bitch [whacko]. Loved her then, still do, but my security comes first.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 5:40:27 PM EDT by panzersergeant]
I have been married for 23 years. I am no expert on relationships, but long before I got hitched I viewed women as being in one of two catagories: either wives or girlfriends. I have never had nor had a desire to have a female "friend." I never could understand how Seinfeld could hang out with a woman as attractive as Elaine and not get any. Edited to add: if she messed around on him, she'll mess around on you. It is the nature of the beast. You are better off without her. Panzer Out
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:42:31 PM EDT
I'll ask the obvious question - Mak762 - how did you even begin to 'fall for her' without first determining her availability or reciprocal interest. You set yourself up for that fall.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:43:59 PM EDT
oh, and and sliver of sympathy evaporated when I opened the thread AND THERE WERE NO PICS OF THE WIMMINS
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:47:01 PM EDT
Dude, nothing, and I mean nothing in the whole world can fuck with a man's head like a woman. It is a fact of life. Best wishes and we all learn from our past experiences.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:13:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy:
Originally Posted By zx2dragon: Do all of these chicks not wear their wedding rings or what? First thing I always do is look for a ring or the telltale white circle around the finger if the ring is missing.
View Quote
Exactly. I know they've dumbed down school even worse than when I was in, but here's a little hint, guys: [b]Left hand, third finger (the one next to the pinky). If there's a ring on it, she's either married or wearing a ring there so she doesn't get hit on.[/b] If you're single, you need to learn to pay attention to this. -Troy
View Quote
Bingo. I also learned this one the hard way; and she probably was flirting with you, women love attention.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:19:28 PM EDT
Same fucking bullshit has happened to me many times!One girl went out with me a few times then says a classic line to me "I have something to tell you" I'm like WTF??? She says I'm engaged,but I realy like you.?????
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:29:36 PM EDT
Yeah, we've all been there. But in a way, consider yourself lucky. Some guys find out they're messing around with another man's wife only as the bullet is entering their brain from behind.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:40:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rayra: I'll ask the obvious question - Mak762 - how did you even begin to 'fall for her' without first determining her availability or reciprocal interest. You set yourself up for that fall.
View Quote
your right But I am still naive country boy who doesn't no shit about this crazy city girls. I could give you some examples of what she did and I think most guys here would have thought she was making a pass. but It looks like I was wrong, my point is sometimes guys take things the wrong way, but sgt I bet you would have too.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:45:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762:
Originally Posted By rayra: I'll ask the obvious question - Mak762 - how did you even begin to 'fall for her' without first determining her availability or reciprocal interest. You set yourself up for that fall.
View Quote
your right But I am still naive country boy who doesn't no shit about this crazy city girls. I could give you some examples of what she did and I think most guys here would have thought she was making a pass. but It looks like I was wrong, my point is sometimes guys take things the wrong way, but sgt I bet you would have too.
View Quote
Dude, I retract my prior statements about the woman in question being a pig. It sounds like you were in the wrong here, you only have one instance of something that could be construed as a pass and you feel like you are falling in love with her? Get to know the next chick a little better before you get so attached, you will be better off.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2003 8:24:21 PM EDT by Mak762]
your probably right but this was over about 2 weeks like i said i could give some examples. Plus how many girls do you know who own evil black rifles and drive american muscle ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:29:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: your probably right but this was over about 2 weeks like i said i could give some examples. Plus how many girls do you know who own evil black rifles and drive american muscle ?
View Quote
If she flirted with you for two weeks and then introduced you to her husband something isn't right in the girl's head. She was probably fucking playing games with your and her husband's head it sounds like to me. Sounds like a chick who is looking for attention, walk away and never look back bro.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 11:47:43 PM EDT
Funny. Women can have MANY male friends with no intentions. Yet like in the movie When Harry Met Sally, billy crystal said it best, That men CANNOT have friends because in the back of their minds there is the "sex" issue... Then when he was asked even ugly girls?? He said "Nah, you pretty much wanna nail them too"
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:07:55 AM EDT
Women are like buses, you miss one and sure enough another will pass by in a couple of minutes, and those buses that run after midnight wont pass by as often but when they do they are fast....
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:09:17 AM EDT
This is a prime example of why you need to screw women ASAP. That way you can wipe your willy on the bed sheets when the truth comes out.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:58:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cypher214: Life continuously screws us over so that when something good finally DOES happen, we appreciate it that much more.
View Quote
Or we are too afraid to accept it or take another chance. Maybe I am a bit cynical, but after being screwed over a few times, why bother again.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:16:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By panzersergeant: I have never had nor had a desire to have a female "friend." I never could understand how Seinfeld could hang out with a woman as attractive as Elaine and not get any.
View Quote
I have female friends because I know that a relationship wouldn't work out with several of them(various reasons). I've been told Jerry did date Elaine at the beginning and they decided to just be friends. As Neurotic as Elaine is, I can see why.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:51:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mak762: yeah the way I found out was I was introduced to her husband. That really hurt! its just weird because you will start getting to know someone and its [red]like "this is awesome" like talking with a real good friend.[/red]
View Quote
Whoops... women don't bang friends.
Top Top