Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 2:35:30 PM EDT
anyone has an online source, besides the movie, on which weapons the delta snipers in somilia carried?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The books make referances to them. Randy Shugart had the old m14. I think everyone should read the book anyway.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the movie first. Really enjoyed it. THEN I read the book. Don't enjoy the movie so much anymore. As the movie claims, it is "representative" of what happened.
Woulda been a much better movie if they'd stuck to what actually happened.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the book.  That's about all the detail you will likely find.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks, but the question remains unanswered, does anyone have any ONLINE references as to what they carried into the field?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Why don't you do a search?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
You could ask here:

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

I'm sure these fellas would be happy to help you out!

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You could ask here:

[;D]
View Quote

those guys arent a very kind bunch....ive seen new people asking questions about general stuff, not even stupid shit like "WHAT THE BEST SPECIAL FORCES!!!". saw this one guy asking about how to get in BUD/S or something...turned into a 3 page fight about them bitching at him for calling a boatswains pipe a boatswains whistle
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could ask here:

[;D]
View Quote

those guys arent a very kind bunch....ive seen new people asking questions about general stuff, not even stupid shit like "WHAT THE BEST SPECIAL FORCES!!!". saw this one guy asking about how to get in BUD/S or something...turned into a 3 page fight about them bitching at him for calling a boatswains pipe a boatswains whistle
View Quote

Wow, sounds like it's ripe for trolling.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
[q]those guys arent a very kind bunch[/q]

Aww, c'mon, leave my grenade alone!

[toilet]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]
and as usual at ar15.com, the question goes unanswered, people just spout out random, unrelated posts, so far the best answer has been "try doing a search", well i have, thats why im asking hear!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
and as usual at ar15.com, the question goes unanswered, people just spout out random, unrelated posts, so far the best answer has been "try doing a search", well i have, thats why im asking hear!
View Quote

The best thing you can do is a search maybe here or the web.

I believe a real Delta operator will not tell you how they configure their weapons or for that matter anything about their operations or equipment.

I like to read threads at SOCNET just for laughs! People ask those guys alot of questions that they feel no one needs to know the answers to and are basically told to piss up a rope!

Not too long ago at SOCNET someone asked a question about equipment and techniques used because he was writing a book.....they tore that guy to pieces!

They will not give out info that could cause some operator his life.

Guess we'll have to be satisfied with the few pics that are out there on the web!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could ask here:

[;D]
View Quote

DID ANYONE SAY SOCNET?
ILIKELEGS,SCTEXAS.
TIME TO FIRE UP THE TROLL MOBILE!

View Quote

Wow, sounds like it's ripe for trolling.
View Quote

DID ANYONE SAY SOCNET?[LOL]
ILIKELEGS,SCTEXAS.
TIME TO FIRE UP THE TROLL MOBILE!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#14]
A quick personal story about SOCNET.

I found out about SOCNET through ARFCOM. I went to the site and found to my surprise they had a forum on the 160th SOAR.

I'm a former Army crewcheif and had a good friend that I found out was a member of the 160th. We were stationed together in Germany in 1985 and I haven't heard from him since about 1987.  

I thought it would be a long shot but maybe someone might know my friend, so I asked. I received a email from a stranger saying he knows my friend and would contact him with my info.

A few days later we were in contact again after all those years. But before I was put in contact with my friend it seemed like I had to be "checked out" if you will.

And of course he couldn't tell me anything about what he was doing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#15]
GS: The best you're going to find online will be references to the movie, not to the actual events on the ground in Mogadishu. Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top