Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/11/2003 7:58:21 AM EDT
Just ordered it. Does anyone else use it? and what do you use it on? lubrication?, bore?, cleaner?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:02:21 AM EDT
I used to use it as a lubricant after cleaning with shooter's choice or hoppe's #9, or the like. I like it: it works good, seems to fill small holes in the surface of the metal, smells better than some other stuff, and stands up to pocket/holster wear ok. Kind of expensive, though. That is my only complaint.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:16:30 PM EDT
I was a big fan of Break-Free for years, bought a big giant jug, used it all the time... then I read about FP-10, at first I thought it was BS, until I read 1911 gunsmith Ed Brown uses it, He's a good guy, so I tried it. I gotta admit, it's damn fine stuff. My break-Free has been demoted to squeaky door hinges and other household chores. FP-10 rocks !
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:56:33 PM EDT
Where's a good place to order this stuff?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:14:47 PM EDT
Why don't you start with their website? It has everything you need and more with regards to FAQ's. I have been using it on my 1911 for a long time and am very satisfied. I still like Breakfree on my AR because of the absolute minimal residue it leaves on the AR's external finsh, while still doing an adequate lube job.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:16:14 PM EDT
oh yeah... [url]http://www.fp10.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:55:07 PM EDT
I use it as a lubricant on any "enclosed" moving parts, which is to say, wher eit won't splash back at me from the action cycling... I use Hoppes 9 for cleaning
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:42:36 PM EDT
FP-10 is an excellent CLP. Being a CLP, it is suitable for use on just about everything on an AR. Since it also works as a nitro solvent, you don’t need to use a separate solvent (unless you want to, of course). I get it from Brownells. However, they’re kind of expensive if you can’t get their discount. Incidentally, here are a couple of recent threads in the AR Maintenance forum re: FP-10: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=169312[/url] [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=7&t=174832[/url]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:31:33 AM EDT
I love it. It is a pretty good cleaner but not as effective as #9 on burned on soot around ports and such. Great for cleaning general dirt and soot off gun. I was in a 500+ round a day class with my open gun in sub-freezing weather. I was using a sythetic lube on the rails, slide, and comp cone and the stuff got so stiff the gun wouldn't cycle. The instructor suggested FP-10 and the gun ran fine the rest of the weekend. Only lube I use on my handguns now.
Top Top