Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 6:32:54 PM EDT
Wonder how long it will be before this makes the national news and the AWB freaks start salivating.

www.click10.com/news/2696075/detail.html

Robber Armed With AK-47 Kills Clerk, Police Say
Investigators Release Surveillance Tape

POSTED: 12:17 PM EST December 10, 2003
UPDATED: 1:23 PM EST December 10, 2003

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -- Police have released a surveillance video in the killing of a convenience store clerk.

In the video, two men walk into the Circle K near Homestead Air Reserve base. Both are armed. Police say a man in a white T-shirt was holding a handgun right next to the clerk, and another man, wearing a sports jersey, is holding an AK-47. Police believe the second man pulled the trigger.

Investigators say the crime was a robbery that turned deadly. Marcos Chaitovicz, 63, was shot in the head early Tuesday morning.

He was found a short time later by a customer. If you can help with the case, call Miami-Dade County Crimestoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe topic. In before Doublefeed locks it down.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The video was on FNC earlier.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

He wouldnt dare.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
IBTL

It very well might be ignored for a few reasons.  The asshole is not white.  The AK is either one of the legal ones or was already illegal.  It was probably not obtained legally anyway.

Remember several years ago when the Pakistani hosed the CIA guy with a full auto AK in DC?
Never heard much about it for much of the same reasons.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't that AK look a bit funky to you?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess, however AKs in general have always looked a bit funky to me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He wouldnt dare.
View Quote

It appears The Gauntlet has been thrown...[popcorn] [beer]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The pic is distorting it a bit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#9]
ibtl
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

He wouldnt dare.
View Quote

It appears The Gauntlet has been thrown...[popcorn] [beer]
View Quote

[;D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Call me a racist but I am basing this on facts...here it goes:

Democrats want to ban guns because of violent crime. Most violent crime is done by blacks and hispanics. Therefore, blacks and hispanics are the reason we are going to lose our 2nd amendment. And yet the democratic party tries to cater to minorities. Does not make much sense to me.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Democrats want to ban guns because of violent crime. Most violent crime is done by blacks and hispanics. Therefore, blacks and hispanics are the reason we are going to lose our 2nd amendment. And yet the democratic party tries to cater to minorities. Does not make much sense to me.
View Quote

crime is steady on a per-capita basis.  

it occurs more in economically depressed areas.

these areas have high numbers of minorites in urban areas.

urban areas are where journalists live.

therefore...  minority crime comitted in urban areas is OVER reported in the news more than crime elsewhere.  

2 home invasion robberies in my area last night - suspects are all white.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Negative.
It's always a media-sensationalized event with 1 or two people(Beltway Snipers,Patrick Purdy,Columbine,LA Bankrobbery,etc) regardless of race that adds fuel to the anti-gunner's agenda to diminish the rights of millions of other law abiding citizens.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
1) I'm a liberal.
2) I'm a Democrat.
3) I'm anti-gun.
4) The Assault Weapons Ban expires next year.
5) The Republicans hold the House and Senate.
6) The AWB has not effected crime and I knew that it would not from the beginning. It's just the first step in the direction of total gun baning for citizens. What do I do?
7) Hire a couple thugs off the street to hold up a store and kill someone using a AK so that I can prove my point!

The AWB was written into law almost 10 years ago. Do you not find it strange that this type of stuff begins to happen a year before the ban expires? Can you recall an instance in the last 8-9 years where this has happend in such frequency?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:44:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Is that Venus Williams? In some of the still photos from the linked website, it looks like the perp with the AK has a sign over his shoulder or neck?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1) I'm a liberal.
2) I'm a Democrat.
3) I'm anti-gun.
6) The AWB has not effected crime and I knew that it would not from the beginning. It's just the first step in the direction of total gun baning for citizens. What do I do?
7) Hire a couple thugs off the street to hold up a store and kill someone using a AK so that I can prove my point!

The AWB was written into law almost 10 years ago. Do you not find it strange that this type of stuff begins to happen a year before the ban expires? Can you recall an instance in the last 8-9 years where this has happend in such frequency?
View Quote

Damn, you had me worried for a moment there!

Yes, your analysis is spot-on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
BTW, doesn't it look like this idiot was posing for the camera...?

Do you know what that means?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:03:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Must be really good video if the cops can tell it's an AK-47, and not an AKM, AKS, SLR-95, Type 56S, or Mak-90.  You would think a guy who owned an AK-47 would just sell it to a museum if he needed the cash...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#19]
All I know is..

1. Someone is dead, who shouldnt be.

2. Another stab at our rights is ripe for the picking.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) I'm a liberal.
2) I'm a Democrat.
3) I'm anti-gun.

View Quote

Damn, you had me worried for a moment there!

Yes, your analysis is spot-on.
View Quote

You dudes are totally over the edge.  There are plenty of instances of semiautomatic rifles (Pre, Post, and Elmer Fudd guns) being used in crimes.  They are still used less frequently than any other type.  The drama queen media just loves press they can use to wind up the populace.  Remember that the anti's don't care about the technical definition of what constitutes an AW.  The big ones are:
1) CA Bank of America (weren't those modified type 56Ss or MAK90s)
2) Columbine (this is where people get the belief that a Tec 9 is something special)
3) DC Sniper (1 shot only, who cares the gun is still a scary black rifle).
4) If I remember correctly, some of those workplace shootings a couple years ago involved semiautomatic rifles.

There are others as well, and who knows how many in gangland.

Everytime this type of thing happens, many of you guys say it's 'mighty convienient timing because of X'.  Well, guess what, there's always an X.  There's always an election coming up, there's always a law circulating through some gov't body, etc...

You're even nuttier if you think rank and file liberals have hired public hits to make a politcal point.  You can indeed blame the media for jumping on any/every AW case they can find, but to suggest some antigun people are actually arranging shootings during a lull in actual criminal activity is really no different than the conspiracy paranoia seen on DU.

America has lots of criminals, and guns are easily obtained.  All liberals have to do is sit back and wait for the inevatible.  For us to deny this fact, is for us to stick our heads in the sand.  This thought does not damage our RKBA position, as our position is one of individual liberty, not of 'prohibition for the good of society'.  Individual liberty carries consequences, as there are those that abuse it, but its benefits outweigh its drawbacks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:21:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Must be really good video if the cops can tell it's an AK-47, and not an AKM, AKS, SLR-95, Type 56S, or Mak-90.  You would think a guy who owned an AK-47 would just sell it to a museum if he needed the cash...
View Quote

95% odds it's a SAR1.

The give away is the high comb Romanian style buttstock.  This supported by the fact that they are often sold with a 40 rounder that was unavailable at the time Chinese guns were common.  It's quite true that that dude could have changed things and used other mags, but gangbangers don't really seek out a depth of equipment.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

What? He used an FNC???
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:47:18 AM EDT
[#23]
If I ever hold up a store, I'm going to use a bag full of flintlock pistols.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Looks like a Krink with a 40rd mag. Hard to tell with so much distortion.

Hey Gack Man. In 1999 black men were only responsible for 24.6% of crime in the US. White men were responsible for 70.6%. So I guess that kills the argument that only black men commit crime.That stat comes from the Department of Justice. SUpposedly blacks make up about 12% of the population, but that depends on what agency is counting.

Looks like whites are responsible for more crime.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

[rofl2][rofl]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What? He used an FNC???
View Quote

[stick] Fox News Channel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:34:21 AM EDT
[#27]
The gun shop I work at was held up several years before I started there. The perps pulled a van up to the front door and one jumped out of the side door of the van with an AK47.
He tripped over the threshold and put a round thru the ceiling. Another one had a sawed-off side by side. It was a well-planned attack since they only took the 9MM and bugged out quick when a customer entered the parking lot.
They had lookouts on the 2 roads that go beside the store.

Now the owners do not object to us conceal carrying or blocking the front door with our cars. We don't stand together behind the counter anymore either
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:03:45 AM EDT
[#28]
AWB at its finest.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#29]
It does look 'Krinkov' but I've never seen a stock on it like that.

Any link to those crime/race stats?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hey Gack Man. In 1999 black men were only responsible for 24.6% of crime in the US. White men were responsible for 70.6%.
View Quote
you do know they merge hispanics in as "white"
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't forget to shout "Stand and Deliver!" [:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

crime is steady on a per-capita basis.  

it occurs more in economically depressed areas.

these areas have high numbers of minorites in urban areas.

urban areas are where journalists live.

therefore...  minority crime comitted in urban areas is OVER reported in the news more than crime elsewhere.  

2 home invasion robberies in my area last night - suspects are all white.
View Quote

That isn't true, as far economically depressed area.  Many areas that our poor have a much lower crime rate than that found in Urban areas.

Also, you must seperate violent crime from property crime.
Murders are almost 50 50 between blacks and whites.
If you want to believe that race is seperate from crime, go ahead.  But you are wrong.
As far as afluence, you can look at OJ Simpson, Rae Lewis, and I forget the receiver's name.  All murdered people and are a hell of a lot more afluent than I am.  But I don't kill anybody.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Hey Gack Man. In 1999 black men were only responsible for 24.6% of crime in the US. White men were responsible for 70.6%. So I guess that kills the argument that only black men commit crime.That stat comes from the Department of Justice. SUpposedly blacks make up about 12% of the population, but that depends on what agency is counting.

Looks like whites are responsible for more crime.
View Quote

Crime statistics are always presented per capita.  With your numbers, 12% of the population commits 24.6% of crime.  Whites would be probably 70% of the population and they commit 70.6% of crime.  So, based on nothing more than statistics, what race is more likely to commit crime?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]
He should of used an AR...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#35]
"Hey Gack Man. In 1999 black men were only responsible for 24.6% of crime in the US. White men were responsible for 70.6%. So I guess that kills the argument that only black men commit crime.That stat comes from the Department of Justice. SUpposedly blacks make up about 12% of the population, but that depends on what agency is counting.

Looks like whites are responsible for more crime."

Seems to be a couple of omissions here:

- No mention of hispanics???
- Conveniently mentions "crime", not violent crime...

Read the crime section/police blotter of ANY paper in any city in the US and tell me that whites are responsible for more violent crime - YEAH RIGHT???!!! Must be those sneaky white violent criminals infiltrating all those gang turfs and shooting those "innocent" gang bangers, huh???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Just ask yourself:

Who are you gonna keep an eye on most when you're at 7-11 at 2:00 A.M.?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#37]
When an Asian gang does a home invasion it's counted as "White" crime. Just like Hispanic banger drive bys, and Martha Stewart insider trading...

If you limit it to violent crime, and count asians and hispanic seperately, whites are way behind.

1:3 black males 18 - 35 are on probation, in prison, or on Parole.  For Whites it's about 1:100.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Look, I left out the Hispanic crime rates. I got these stats from the Department of Justice web site. THey had seperate stats for Hispanics. In fact whoever said that whites were included with hispanics was wrong. They had seperate catagories for hispanic,hispanic/black, hispanic/white. I don't know how they accurately put people into those catagories. I only posted these stats to show that white people commit a large enough number of crimes too, though strangely the majority of the prison population is black.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

1:3 black males 18 - 35 are on probation, in prison, or on Parole.  For Whites it's about 1:100.  
View Quote

Holy sh*t is that for real??!  I knew there was a disparity, but that's astounding.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#40]
More statistics!:

Prevalence of imprisonment in the United States

As of December 31, 2001, there were an estimated 5.6 million adults who had ever served time in State or Federal prison, including 4.3 million former prisoners and 1.3 million adults in prison.

Nearly a third of former prisoners were still under correctional supervision, including 731,000 on parole, 437,000 on probation, and 166,000 in local jails.

In 2001, an estimated 2.7% of adults in the U.S. had served time in prison, up from 1.8% in 1991 and 1.3% in 1974.

The prevalence of imprisonment in 2001 was higher for
-- black males (16.6%) and Hispanic males (7.7%) than for white males (2.6%)
-- black females (1.7%) and Hispanic females (0.7%) than white females (0.3%)

Nearly two-thirds of the 3.8 million increase in the number of adults ever incarcerated between 1974 and 2001 occurred as a result of an increase in first incarceration rates; one-third occurred as a result of an increase in the number of residents age 18 and older.
Lifetime likelihood of going to State or Federal prison

If recent incarceration rates remain unchanged, an estimated 1 of every 15 persons (6.6%) will serve time in a prison during their lifetime.

Lifetime chances of a person going to prison are higher for
-- men (11.3%) than for women (1.8%)
-- blacks (18.6%) and Hispanics (10%) than for whites (3.4%)

Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 32% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 17% of Hispanic males and 5.9% of white males.
To the top of summary findings

Characteristics of State Prison inmates

Women were 6.6% of the State prison inmates in 2001, up from 6% in 1995.
Sixty-four percent of prison inmates belonged to racial or ethnic minorities in 2001.
An estimated 57% of inmates were under age 35 in 2001.
About 4% of State prison inmates were not U.S. citizens at yearend 2001.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah - but it is just the man keeping them down.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
crime is steady on a per-capita basis...

[snip BS]
View Quote

This is total BS. If you have an agenda to promote, you might want to pick a topic none of us are familiar with, such as underwater felching.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top