Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 5:46:40 PM EDT

Jeff Flake (R-AZ) is pro-guest-worker (pro-"amnesty") and was on O'Reilly today. Bill read him the riot act about "you guys" (Republicans) not securing our borders and doing NOTHING about stopping illegal aliens.

Flake (who is very pro-RKBA and is anti-AWB) tried to explain how we need to somehow deal with the 12million illegals already here and a guest-worker program which does NOT entail granting  citizenship would be needed. He said he favors stronger border patrol but did nothing to address HOW (militarize? National guard?) to STOP new illegals from coming in. He also pointed out how almost half of all illegals are not "illegal border crossers" but actually ENTERED the US legally but now have overstayed their visas.

O'Reilly put the screws into him relentlessly and basically called what he was doing a failure and dangerous to America.

Personally, I think Flake is an honest guy, he co-sponsors and signs onto a lot of Ron Paul's stuff, I have a letter by him opposing any new AWB extension - but he's naive regarding what it takes to secure the border. He seems to think that border enforcement can only be done AFTER we establish a "guest-worker" solution to illegals already here.

He needs to hear from us and how he needs to refocus on border enforcement and let the illegals already here get weeded out by enforcing existing laws.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I don't think anybody wants to actually pursue real solutions, because the problem represents a large voting block.  Why would you intentionally alienate that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
you were watching oreilly?  

i cant even stand to hear that no good worthless bastards voice anymore.............after neal boortz gets over rush comes on.........but on a different channel.  if i miss the cutoff because im working all it takes is one syllable out of that little monkeyfucks mouth and my ears perk up and i drop what im doing just to change the station
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top