Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 4:55:46 PM EDT
I thought he was a decent enough coach. Too bad.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard on the radio today that he was told that he would be fired at the end of the season.  Dan replied, ~"why don't you just fire me now" and *poof* it was done!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I, for one, am glad. I thought Dan Reeves had FAR TOO much class for this place from the first day he pulled into town. I know he is a native and all, but I would like to see him go somewhere that has talent AND a front office where his coaching skills will fit in. He deserves better than this LOSERville place. He tried too hard thinking someone in ATL actually gave a crap. It was a fluke they made it as far as they did that ONE YEAR. Best of luck Dan, thanks for showing ATL what class looks like. It will probably be awhile before it is ever seen here again (anyone seen the amount of professional sports talent that has left ATL this week, Sheffield, Maddoux, Reeves..........)
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a very good head coach. He'll land firmly on his feet somewhere I'm sure. My guess would be somewhere in Texas or Tennesee.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only hope so. Dan is a decent and deserving guy. I hope he goes somewhere that winds up in the Big Show sometime in the next 5 years. Meanwhile, ATL will keep getting TOP ROUND draft picks (due to their shitty final standings from the year before), get them experience, and trade them away where they will become ALL-STARs, etc, while we take in the glue buckets who would normally otherwise have to retire if it wasn't for the grazing pastures of ATL giving them another year or two to play in annominity.

Good luck Dan. Much success to you. You had too much class and too much of a work effort to be understood here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Dan Reeves is and was a horrible coach!

OH, if you liked Dan you must love the likes of
M. Shottenheimer, D. Greene, M. Levy.
High/Low class or no class, none of these men should ever coach in the NFL again.

Nothing more needs to be said, so this thread should be locked!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top