Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 2:34:10 PM EDT
The other day I opened a door for a young lady (mainly just to check out her ass in those low ride pants, god I love those thongs that stick out) wow I got sidetracked for a second.

so she looks at me and says "thanks thats nice of you" I say well I am not going to watch a pretty little thing like yourself lug open a door without helping out. We talked for a second and she wrote down her number for me.

I have never had a girl just hand me her number normally I have to beg, plead and pray. It always seem like I meet girls when I have a girl:(
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats. Cant remember the last time I girl just gave me her number. oh, wait they never have. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Did ya call it ? It's probably the number of the local Walmart. Good luck let us know how this turns out
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did ya call it ? It's probably the number of the local Walmart. Good luck let us know how this turns out
View Quote

Maybe, a girl I knew use to do that just to get guys off her back.

but with all honesty she wasn't a real hot broad. You know how when girls are in their college years if they aren't fat a good amount look pretty decent, well this girl was a little above the norm. Not something to knock you out of your seat but for sure one that you take a second to look over.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
why can't women open doors for themselves?  and why do we have to lower the toilet seats for them?  screw that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
why can't women open doors for themselves?  and why do we have to lower the toilet seats for them?  screw that.
View Quote

I agree with you on the toilet seats but on the door I figure why let a girl open a door when me as a man (with my superior upper body strength) can do it with ease. Plus it makes me feel like less of a scumbag.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
oepn the doors, yes, toilet seats?, nope, let them fall in, too stupid too look before they sit
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#8]
You hold the door for a lady so you can check out her ass as she walks by.  Didn't your fathers teach you anything.[BD]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a good attitude to have. This is also the attitude which has left me girlfriendless for some time now. I think I may have to give in sometime.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Never, ever, ever, ever beg or plead!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Chivalry isn't dead....it's just been asleep for awhile. Nothing wrong with being a gentleman for a change. It's a foreign concept to some women.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The other day I opened a door for a young lady [red](mainly just to check out her ass in those low ride pants, god I love those thongs that stick out)[/red] wow I got sidetracked for a second.

so she looks at me and says "thanks thats nice of you" I say well I am not going to watch a pretty little thing like yourself lug open a door without helping out. We talked for a second and she wrote down her number for me.

I have never had a girl just hand me her number normally I have to beg, plead and pray. It always seem like I meet girls when I have a girl:(
View Quote

Nice guys? [;D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Carlton Banks:  "I've gotten 3 numbers already!  Just four more and I can call her!"
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I will open doors for guys or girls, but I do not like women that expect men to do it because it's supposed to be "gentlemanly".  It's also a "gentleman" thing to pick up the dinner tabs, buy flowers for them, lift heavy things, etc.  I treat everyone equally, a woman that thinks I SHOULD do any of these things for her SOLELY because gender will get what I'd tell a man that asks the same of me: "screw you!"
Of special annoyance is the toilet seat thing.  I see and hear it all the time, women complaining that men don't lower the seats when we're done.  Trust me, no woman is special enough that she can't touch a toilet seat.  That's reason enough for me to get a divorce.  If we have to lift it so we can use it, the same doom should await women: they have to lower it when they want to use it.
They cry about equal rights and equal pay, I'll treat a woman the respect I give men when I see her doing equal work.  I believe in equal rights and treatment for homosexuals, but special rights and treatment.  Same goes for women.
Tell you the truth I don't think very much of anyone that's attracted to power and money, this accounts for more than 50% of the younger women here.  Most women I come to meet, they work only because they aren't attractive enough to marry a rich guy, or they're working until they can find a rich dumbass to marry.  When their looks aren't enough, they marry someone making ok money, but that forces them to continue to work.  I do know some attractive women that work because they're different, but that's not the norm.  
What these women think of me before knowing how much I make, and their opinions of me after they found out, are two very different things changed only by the $ they think they might get.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]
This is coming from a "nice guy". My job requires a lot of tolerance of the general public. Therefore, I can put up with a lot of shit if I choose to. The seat issue is one of my peeves. To avoid the topic of putting the seat down, never lift it to begin with. If the topic does come up, yank the damn thing off the crapper. If she continues, proceed to the next bathroom and repeat. I've never gotten to the point of yanking the seat. However the thought of not having somewhere to sit while they do "maintenance" gets their attention.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#16]
nice guys don't finish last, sometimes they just don't finish early. but when WE do its a good finish!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
As far as the toliet seats are concerned, I allways tell the woman to be happy that I lifted it up in the first place. LOL
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Lucky basterd, last time I opened a door for someone I had a 60 year old man saying I'm such a gentleman.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait, whats her name and phone number?...maybe I know her. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I hate opening the door for someone in a busy area, 25 other people sneak by and then another 10 see they made it and try and I end up standing there holding the door for the whole world. After a while I start looking towards the parking lot then pretend I see someone and start running and waving. I always make sure it wont slam on a little kid first though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I still open doors for ladies even tho I got yelled at by a co-worker years ago.  She aparently didn't like guys doing that for her.  So I stopped and only did it for other when she was near the door.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Good for you. I personally think manners are important. If people could just show good manners this world would be a lot better off. Even if I am in a bad mood, doing something polite usually puts me back in a good one. I like being the guy that holds the door for the next person, or the guy that uses his turn signal, or gives a hand with something, or gives up his seat fo the old person. That stuff amkes me feel good. When other people are rude it really pisses me off. It's probably the Catholic schooling.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I will hold the door open for anyone behind me, but I won't stand there like a doorman waiting for everyone to go through.

I'll open the door, go through and then make sure the door doesn't close on the person behind me.  I think that's common courtesy.  Only rarely will I do the doorman thing, and then it's usually only for hobbled old people.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:47:39 PM EDT
[#24]
"you guys were all wrong, sometimes nice guys do get ahead in life!"

Post the number or we'll have your account frozen, chump.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#25]
"She" is a "He"...[BD]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#26]
  I too will always open a door for a girl and so far I've always gotten a "thank you" for it. I am waiting for the day when a women libber asks, did you open the door because I'm a girl? I'll reply no!I opened it on account of your age.
  As for the lowering the toilet seat, nope!
Think about it. When moms train little boys to use the big potty, do they also train them to lower the seat when finished?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top