Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 11:39:42 AM EDT
Mark your calendars, today is a black day in American history.  How much more of this shit are we going to take?  The First Amendment states that CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW...ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH... and yet SCROTUS has gone and opened a pandora's box for any "politically expedient" abridgement of any Amendment or article in the entire document.  Maybe that earthquake in DC yesterday was the Founders turning over in their graves as the Supremes debated and drew up their opinions.  Nothing is what it was, if this stands we simply don't have our republic anymore.  Franklin told his audience after the contitutional convention "we have given you a republic, if you can keep it..."  Gents, I think its gone!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't just blame SCOTUS.  All three branches of the government had their hand in this treason.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not peg it to 1794?  Or 1864?  Or 1918?  Or 1952?  Or any number of other dates of bad events?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur.

When historians look back and try to figure out what went wrong with this nation, December 10, 2003 is going to be one of those turning points.

The slope just got much steeper and coated with Teflon for good measure.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't just blame SCOTUS.  All three branches of the government had their hand in this treason.

Scott
View Quote

Yep, and all those so-called conservative congressmen and senators (shit, the prez too) thought that voting for it didn't matter because surely the supremes would find it unconstitutional.  I am furious!!!  We're in big trouble!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
*checks map* yup, still the United States here
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
... Here, this will cheer you up

[url]http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/1210mexbenefits10.html[/url]

[b]WASHINGTON[/b] - [i]U.S. and Mexican officials are discussing an agreement that would allow millions of Mexicans to return home and still collect U.S. Social Security benefits ...[/i]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. You got that right, Scotty.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]

No, no, you see, the Constitution is a vital, living document, that can be interpreted as the times need by contemporary Americans.  So you see, when it says freedom of speech shall not be abridged, abridged means "preserved for donors of more than $1000" in 2003.

And if you believe that........

The Republicans have been a real disappointment on many issues.  Pretty much "Democrat Lite".  Still better than the alternative, I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... Here, this will cheer you up

[url]http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/1210mexbenefits10.html[/url]

[b]WASHINGTON[/b] - [i]U.S. and Mexican officials are discussing an agreement that would allow millions of Mexicans to return home and still collect U.S. Social Security benefits ...[/i]
View Quote

Dayamn.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, no, you see, the Constitution is a vital, living document, that can be interpreted as the times need by contemporary Americans.  So you see, when it says freedom of speech shall not be abridged, abridged means "preserved for donors of more than $1000" in 2003.

The Republicans have been a real disappointment on many issues.  Pretty much "Democrat Lite".  Still better than the alternative, I suppose.
View Quote

Consider what you are saying here. Are you suggesting that we need to count our blessings because "it could be worse?"

We're fucked.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
[size=1]"Let's be honest, there are millions of Mexican immigrants contributing to the Social Security system and the U.S. economy," said Katherine Culliton, an attorney with the Washington, D.C., office of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund. "It's only fair they get back a benefit they deserve that will keep them from dying in poverty."[/size=1]

[size=5]AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH![/size=5]

Goddamn!  well its only fair, lets start subsidizing anyone in the world who through no fault of their own are the "losers in life's lottery."  

Ok, I need to take some oxycontin and go to bed, I've had enough for one day!!!!

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

... Ok, I need to take some oxycontin and go to bed, I've had enough for one day!!!!

View Quote

... Rush? Is that you?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe we'll all wake up tomorrow and realize it's simply been a bad dream.

Then again, maybe not.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Winston_Wolf,

[sarcasm] Thank you very much for the link to the wonderful article about SS for illegals. You truly know how to cheer me up![/sarcasm]

I'll be back at my pc in a little while... gotta go to the garage and scream real loud!!

LRdrvr

P.S.: Every time when you think it couldn't get much worse..... [:(]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top