Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/10/2003 9:14:02 AM EDT
In SC anybody can vote in any primary. The stipulation is that you can only vote in one primary. I think I'll skip the Republican primary and cast my vote for Big Al.

Throw my franchise behind the guy who has the biggest potential for tanking on the national scene!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:19:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: In SC anybody can vote in any primary. The stipulation is that you can only vote in one primary. I think I'll skip the Republican primary and cast my vote for Big Al. Throw my franchise behind the guy who has the biggest potential for tanking on the national scene!
View Quote
Remember Tawana Brawley.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:24:24 AM EDT
I'm not really concerned with the dems these days...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:24:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2003 9:25:23 AM EDT by 96Ag]
Brohawk, The true measure of a man's genius is how much he agrees with you. I have had this same thought for months, I have even emailed Neal Boortz with the idea but to no avail. Think, if every republican who could, voted for Al Sharpton it would throw the demorats into mass chaos. If for some reason Sharpton actually got the nomination he would probably not win. But then again if he did win, we as a nation would probably deserve him. Just think of the campaign slogans and commercials, it would be great.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:28:48 AM EDT
Hell, that's been my plan too for some time now. Sharpton '04. I'd enjoy walking down the street and seeing peoples heads spontaneously explode from the realization that their party is running Sharpton against Bush. That'd be fun. Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:33:08 AM EDT
Q: Do you support licensing and registration at the federal level? SHARPTON: I support it. We must do whatever we can to regulate how guns are used. I've been a victim of a stabbing. Violence is something very serious in this country. We must take it seriously. We have the right to bear arms, but we don't have the right in the Constitution to vote, we don't have the right to health care. We need to evaluate what we are as a country, and part of that is regulating people's ability to get firearms. Source: Democratic Debate in Columbia SC May 3, 2003
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:34:55 AM EDT
I am happy to see that there are other thinking Repubs out there! I am also going to vote for Sharpton here in Illinois. Illinois is an open primary state where you don't have to be a registered member of any party to vote in the primaries. When you walk in they ask if you want a democrat ballot or a Republican ballot. I will ask for the demo ballot. New Hampshire and Iowa are not open primaries, unfortunately, so we can't pull any shenanigans there.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:35:54 AM EDT
OK, for those of you who may have missed my intent. I do not agree with Sharpton. I do not like Sharpton. The key point here is that I believe Sharpton has ZERO chance of being elected President. It's a spoiler thing. Politics, you know? Get it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:47:14 AM EDT
I was actually thinking about the same tactic, vote for the biggest dem-looser in their primarys.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:51:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: In SC anybody can vote in any primary. The stipulation is that you can only vote in one primary. I think I'll skip the Republican primary and cast my vote for Big Al. Throw my franchise behind the guy who has the biggest potential for tanking on the national scene!
View Quote
i didn't know that bro, thanks! wouldn't it be funny if all the repubs. came out and voted for him and he won [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:41:02 PM EDT
i was planning on doing that too. that guy is nutso. heheh.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:00:55 PM EDT
I have been planning on doing this. I plan to vote for Sharpton in the primary. No one could take this guy seriously. Voting for him takes away delegates from the frontrunner. With the frontrunner not having a majority, this throws the whole party into a tizzy. They are not happy with a compromise candidate, and consequently they are not 100% behind the dem. candidate. The other side wins. Which hopefully will be the libertarian candidate. What would be the best political mix for the country? How about a libertarian house, a republican senate, and a dem. president.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:23:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Brohawk: OK, for those of you who may have missed my intent....
View Quote
Oh no! We get it. You're nuts. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:44:41 PM EDT
If we had archives you wilol see where I said this 6 months ago. Its the best game in town for a sharp Republican, primary support for a big show loser!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:04:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ThunderStick: I am happy to see that there are other thinking Repubs out there! I am also going to vote for Sharpton here in Illinois. Illinois is an open primary state where you don't have to be a registered member of any party to vote in the primaries. When you walk in they ask if you want a democrat ballot or a Republican ballot. I will ask for the demo ballot. New Hampshire and Iowa are not open primaries, unfortunately, so we can't pull any shenanigans there.
View Quote
Yes, but [i]how many times[/i] are you going to vote for him? Remember in IL it's vote early and vote often (especially in ChiTown! - A the good ol' days!)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:40:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
Originally Posted By Brohawk: OK, for those of you who may have missed my intent....
View Quote
Oh no! We get it. You're nuts. [:D]
View Quote
Is it showing? [%l]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:41:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CavVet: If we had archives you wilol see where I said this 6 months ago. Its the best game in town for a sharp Republican, primary support for a big show loser!
View Quote
GMTA!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:37:07 PM EDT
I’m a Registered Independent; I can vote for ANYBODY I wish for, in either Demo or Republican primary elections. I voted Against Clinton in 1991. Can anybody else here say that? For the past couple of weeks I’ve been wondering whether I should vote for the strongest Republican or the weakest Demo in next years Primary Election. The problem I’ve been wrestling with is if I vote for the weakest Dem, what happens if they win? The thought of voting for Sharpton is very intriguing. But somebody on MSNBC (I think) noticed that while the other candidates talked in sound bites, Sharpton spoke in complete ideas. They said if the candidates campaigned purely on an non-visual medium like the radio, Sharpton would be way ahead. But as TV is a visual medium, he really doesn’t have a prayer. (I hope.) Vote for Sharpton. That is a very interesting Idea. I’ll think on it. Until the Primary comes along next year. I'll decide then.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:46:11 PM EDT
God help us!
Top Top