Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#2]
WG... your answer was as I expected it would be. TELL ME HOW GORE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN BUSH. Speculating that it couldn't have been much worse is not the answer. And yeah... it COULD and WOULD have been worse. Do you think that there's even a CHANCE IN HELL that Gore would be for ANY 2nd Ammendment rights? Do you think that Gore would be for finding other sources of fuels to drive that truck your so fond of? If Gore had his way... we'd be living like the tree-huggers want us to live. You can debate me that Bush is perfect, actually it wouldn't be a debate because I would agree. But if you want to make me believe that Bush is not better than Gore in ANY conceivable way, then your credibility goes right out the door with me. Some truth here -- Bush isn't perfect, GORE IS WORSE.

P.S. I already gave you the GHWB point. His foibles and failures are well-known to everyone.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
ETH... you said it all.

It is simply denying the truth to say that Gore would have been better, or even the same as Bush -- pissed or not pissed...

P.S. I ain't too happy about the state of this country either. It ain't all Bushes fault.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ETH... you said it all.

It is simply denying the truth to say that Gore would have been better, or even the same as Bush -- pissed or not pissed...

P.S. I ain't too happy about the state of this country either. It ain't all Bushes fault.
View Quote

Amen. Sad, but true...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a post 9-11 world and always will be. You can never put time back in the bottle and this country can never be like it was three years ago.
View Quote

What's 9-11 got to do with the campaign finance fiasco?

Scott
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys...

Gore has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand....

When you bring him up, you are not discussing in a logical manner.  I know it's a lot to expect...

Nobody, ever, has said "gee I wish Gore were president" so knock it off and try to stay with the actual real issues, mmmm k?

Scott

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
[b]Steady now, boyz![/b]

As Margaret Thatcher was so fond of saying, 'Let's not go wobbly' on this one!

It's a real disaster for the [blue]Second Amendment[/blue], all right, but one that can, and will be, rectified in due course.

President Bush and his legal advisors blew it big time, by failing to use his 'bully pulpit' to veto the [blue]new (and more restrictive) AWB[/blue] law and telling the American People what they needed to hear - that [blue]THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS[/blue] is one of the most important rights that the Founding Fathers wished to protect.

[blue]This decision and the AWB law itself, does not protect RKBA at all![/blue]

At least now, with 'right wing' radio, Fox News, the Internet, and other resources, we are in a position to combat our foes on the Left.

A bad day. A very bad day indeed.

[blue]The 'high power hunting rifle' ban[/blue] was the one part of the AWB that was the most egregious and the one that violated the spirit of RKBA the worst!

Oh well, it won't change my vote in 2004 in the least, and we have yet to see how it will affect the campaigns next year.

Some say it will hurt the DEMOs the worst...

Eric The(PartisanInMattersOfPoliticsAndReligion)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I will be voting for a third party (probably Libertarian) in 2004.  So what if because of my votes a democrat gets elected.  Big deal, what are they gonna do?  Increase government spending and welfare programs?  Support legislation like the AWB?  Suppress free speach?  Deny US Citizens the right to Due process?  Violate the Fourth Amendment?  Oh, wait a minute...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
One can only imagine what "four more years" of this shit would be like...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ponder for a moment all that has happened politically since our beloved Republicans have assumed control of our federal government. It:

Favors extending the AWB
Opposes arming pilots to protect airliners
Opposes free speech during election cycles
Favors expanding "New Deal" and "Great Society" give-away programs
Seeks to increase the spying powers of the gov't against its own people

HOW MUCH IS FUCKING ENOUGH!!!???

WHERE IS OUR FUCKING "LINE IN THE SAND!!??"
View Quote

You obviously are not living in the same world as I do....stop crying just because you are not going to be a hero in the next Civil War and have your name up with Robert E. Lee and Stonwall Jackson.... there is nothint in existance OR coming down the pipe in congress that are going to bring this disaster you seek... LEAST of all a AWB return... How can there be a AWB renewal when THERE IS NO BILL. NOT ONE OF THE WOULD BE BILLS HAS LEFT COMITTEE or even had a comittee hearing.

JOIN THE REAL WORLD, conspiracy fantasies may be intertaining but eventually you have to get out from behind the TV and join the real world...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You obviously are not living in the same world as I do....stop crying just because you are not going to be a hero in the next Civil War and have your name up with Robert E. Lee and Stonwall Jackson...
View Quote

When you have invested the amount of time and resources as I have in the political arena I'll give you a call to find out what kind of world we live in.
there is nothint in existance OR coming down the pipe in congress that are going to bring this disaster you seek... LEAST of all a AWB return... How can there be a AWB renewal when THERE IS NO BILL. NOT ONE OF THE WOULD BE BILLS HAS LEFT COMITTEE or even had a comittee hearing.
View Quote

Not yet, anyway. Give 'em time. Another school shooting or sniper case ought to be enough to convince them.
JOIN THE REAL WORLD, conspiracy fantasies may be intertaining but eventually you have to get out from behind the TV and join the real world...
View Quote

"Real world," eh?

Do you have cable or satellite television? I have neither.

Do you have a wife and children? I do.

Do you own a house and have a mortgage payment? I do.

Do you run your own business? I do.

Do you take the time to volunteer coaching local kids' sports? I do.

Have you ever run for political office? I did.

Did you win? I did.

Do you have a college degree? I do.

Do you have [b]two[/b] degrees? Guess what, I do.

Have you had your own Op-Ed column in a newspaper? I did, at 22 years old, no less.
______

So, what am I saying, Mr. Armdlbrl? [b]Shut your fucking trap when you accuse someone you don't know of not knowing what the "REAL WORLD" is like.[/b]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Screw Bush and the Republicans. As George Wallace said, there isn't a dimes worth of difference between them and the demoncraps. He is as bad as his old man. He will legalize aliens, ban aw, etc. if he can.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You obviously are not living in the same world as I do.
View Quote

Lucky for him!

...stop crying just because you are not going to be a hero in the next Civil War and have your name up with Robert E. Lee and Stonwall Jackson.
View Quote

What the fuck are you talking about?  Hellooooo?

How can there be a AWB renewal when THERE IS NO BILL. NOT ONE OF THE WOULD BE BILLS HAS LEFT COMITTEE or even had a comittee hearing.
View Quote

Hey bright boy, how long was the USA PATRIOT ACT in committee?  How many meetings did they have?  How much time elapsed from introduction to passage and signature into law for that beast?

Scott
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Make no mistake, it will come down to armed insurrection.  Pick a side.  
 the two major parties have a power sharing arrangement.  Third party for me from now on.  Would Gore be any worse?  IN A WORD, NO.  Is that plain enough?  Ops
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Look at history, it's only a matter of time before our country will be torn apart.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I mentioned this almost 3 years ago on this site, and I was severely chastised for it. Go W-G! And watch that armed lib! He is defeatist all the way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...stop crying just because you are not going to be a hero in the next Civil War and have your name up with Robert E. Lee and Stonwall Jackson.
View Quote

What the fuck are you talking about?  Hellooooo?
View Quote

LOL. That was awesome, Scott. He had me shaking my noggin too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#19]
It looks like the line of some Americans has already been crossed (notice the mention of anti-American literature-predictable).  It is amazing to see what just a couple of angry and armed citizens can be capable of...now imagine everyone on ARFCOM.

No wonder they want/need to get our guns.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C105233%2C00.html
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Civil War II: The Coming Breakup of America

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0929408179/qid=1071114566/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-4724154-4064037[/url]

Sums it up pretty well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Listen up all you Bush Bashers, your wet dream will come true in 2008 when you can vote for Hillary.

Don't blow your wad now on some bogus POS Liberal like Dean, wait for the real deal in 2008.
[size=5]
[b]STUPID A-HOLES!![/b]
[/size=5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ponder for a moment all that has happened politically since our beloved Republicans have assumed control of our federal government. It:

Opposes free speech during election cycles
View Quote

this [b]CRAP[/b] has me really pissed off

I can't fathom how anyone with half a brain doesn't realize this new CFR law violates the 1st ammendment [?]

I take a little bit of comfrot in the fact that Rehnquist, [b]Scalia[/b], Thomas & Kennedy recognize it's violates the 1st ammendment

sometimes I feel like we're on a runaway train headed for a washed out bridge [:(]

p.s.  plenty of democraps supported this stupid law too

stand-up guys like Sen. Mitch McConnell fought it,  arrogant pricks like McCain supported it
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, there you have it, mateys!

Our very own [b]Wobblin-Goblin[/b] will go up against the Leviathan!

I say three Huzzahs for [b]Wobblin-Goblin[/b]!

[b]Huzzah, Huzzah Huzzah![/b]

I feel like moving to Connecticut and joining him in this endeavor!

Yep, we should all pack out bags for...Connecticut...and set this country on the right course.

And...wait a minute...Connecticut?

Did we just agree that the Revolution begins in Connecticut?

Whoa, hoss, that ain't right!

[i]Connecticut?[/i]

Maybe two hundred some-odd years ago, we could get a Revolution off the ground in Connecticut.

But I think the authorities will have little difficulty in stamping out whatever flames are ignited in Connecticut!

Now, Idaho, there's a state with some potential!

Tell you what, y'all unseat the two liberal azzed DEMO Senators in Connecticut, you know, Doddering-Lieberman, as a show of goodwill, and all, and we will join you there!

YeeeHaaaawww!

This shouldn't take too long!

Eric The(EverHopeful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

We can't unseat them.  Senators are appointed by the State Legislature, remember?  The Balance of power would be upset by the direct election of senators and the country would transition into a full fledged democracy! It would be chaos!

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#24]
bvmjethead, it sounds like you have a good start there. How about this for the "War on Drugs.". Alcohol will be legal to make in the privicy of your own home for your own use and if you can grow it, it's legal in reasonable amounts. I don't think 'shine or weed should land you in jail while people doing drive bys and dealing crack walk the streets free and clear. Also, we need to make HOCKEY(the greatest game on earth)our national sport. The person that came up with baseball must be one simple son of a bitch, I'd be willing to bet that he'd get off on watching paint dry. HOCKEY, that's what we need. Good ol' check ya' into the boards, 100MPH slap shot into the teeth, skate down the ice HOCKEY.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Cnatra...
sometimes I feel like we're on a runway train headed for a washed out bridge
View Quote

Roger that, friend!  I have literally been mildly nauseous since I read about the CFR ruling earlier today. I'm just hoping that I won't wake up tomorrow with this same sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I weep for the future of this once great republic & I am haunted by the words spoken many moons ago by conservative radio talk show host Bob Grant... "All you people are fond of saying this is the beginning of the end. Well I've got news for you... [i]it's actually more like the middle of the end![/i]" [:(]

It's sick out there & getting sicker...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Oh boy..........

[rolleyes]

So now you're going to vote for Dean/Democratic Party???

You think he's going to do a better job than Bush/Republican party???

WAKE UP!

I hate voting for the lesser of two evils more than the next guy, but unless you're willing to run for office and do a better job, OR get armed to the gills and actually come up with a plan and lead an armed revolt, OR something in between these two extremes.........

STHU with the Bush bashing.

[:D]

View Quote

Ditto that!!!! [^]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Listen up all you Bush Bashers, your wet dream will come true in 2008 when you can vote for Hillary.

Don't blow your wad now on some bogus POS Liberal like Dean, wait for the real deal in 2008.
[size=5]
[b]STUPID A-HOLES!![/b]
[/size=5]
View Quote

If you are a conservative, you cannot possibly be pleased with Bush's presidency.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Actually, I am pleased with President Bush's presidency to date.
View Quote

(Sigh) Wow.
Not totally pleased, but I wasn't totally pleased by President Reagan's terms in office, and we all know how I worship that man!
View Quote

God bless his soul...the great Ronaldus Maximus!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Let's see...

Bush signed the arm-pilots bill.

The AWB thing is a political calculation.

The Medicare drug bill sucks... UNLESS it ends up killing Medicare or forcing complete privatization, in which case it will have been a brilliant idea...

And the PATRIOT act is just the latest iteration of what the US does EVERY TIME it undertakes a major war. We did it for WWI, WWII, and back in the 50's for the Cold War. Every major conflict has 'war security legislation' that was enacted at it's start... This one is no exception...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Wobblin-Goblin, another one for the "(Sigh) Wow" files. Check out the White House's reaction to the CFR ruling...

"The president supported the campaign finance legislation and signed it into law because he believes it helped improve the system, and I think today's court ruling will help bring some clarity to the process," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.
View Quote

[url]www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/10/elec04.prez.campaign.finance.reax/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let's see...

Bush signed the arm-pilots bill.
View Quote

At the start, he opposed it. Only after seeing public reaction, did he change his mind.
The AWB thing is a political calculation.
View Quote

So was Campaign Finance Reform and now we see how fucked we are, don't we?
The Medicare drug bill sucks... UNLESS it ends up killing Medicare or forcing complete privatization, in which case it will have been a brilliant idea...
View Quote

...and if that swamp I bought has oil under it I'll be a millionaire.
And the PATRIOT act is just the latest iteration of what the US does EVERY TIME it undertakes a major war. We did it for WWI, WWII, and back in the 50's for the Cold War. Every major conflict has war security legislation' that was enacted at it's start. This one is no exception...
View Quote

You're right. I guess not. I am troubled, though, at the thought of somebody snapping his fingers and, voila! [Seinfeld soup nazi] No lawyer or due process for you! [/Seinfeld soup nazi]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#33]
IMHO 10 years from now we'll all be saying, "remember the good old days" of 2003.

We are in the downward spiral, restrictions on personal freedoms will increase and [s]citizens[/s] subjects will "learn" to live with it.

It just seems to me, that regardless of which political party you may favor, the differences between them if getting awful grey lately.

"Appeasement" and not core values is the order of the day.  

80 million + gun owners in America - but I fear that only a small number could even say "why" they are entitled to them.

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:45:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes, ETH, sometimes compromise is good and sometimes it's bad.  I'd say compromise to found this nation is good, and compromise to facilitate its destruction is bad.

Sure we compromise all the time, and so we only lost 10 years (likely more when it's renewed) re: the AWB compromise.

[red]What "better leaders" do you see in the two major parties?  Or another four years of Bush?  He's accelerated our descent![/red]
View Quote

Just a little reminder, these people are not our "leaders".  [b]They are our SERVANTS![/b]  It's time we treated them as such!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If it were just as simple as voting for 'the best candidate', then all you would have to do is to write in 'Eric The Hun' on your ballot next Election Day!

I would turn this country around so fast, your bong would tump over onto the carpet.

I would, however, caution you that possibly only several dozen or so folks would do likewise, meaning, more or less, that your vote would be frittered away!

As vain and pompous as I might be, I cannot ask you to throw your cherished vote away just to raise my self-esteem.

No more than I could ask you to vote for Libertarian Party or Constitutional Party candidates who might only get several more dozen votes than I would!

Just remember that the Election of 1988 was the 'high water' mark of the Libertarian Party, and being as we are all familiar with the 'high water mark of the Confederacy' which occurred on the afternoon of July 3, 1863, in a small hamlet in Pennsylvania named Gettysburg, I think that you can understand that while I agree with everything Jefferson Davis said then, and just about everything the Libertrian Party stands for now, it will not change the outcome one iota.

And that, my dear friend, is the entirety of my views on third parties.

If the Libertarians were the 'one', then they would still be on the ascendancy and not on the decline.

Sorry, but history is a 'bitch' at times, is she not?

Eric The(Metaphorical)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

As long as there are enough of "us" who think like that, nothing will ever change, and the time it takes to make a single revolution around the drain will get shorter and shorter.

I say vote Third Party.  If it turns out that all we succeed in doing is seating a liberal on the throne, so be it.  The Left can then set about destroying the Constitution, only they'll go about it a little more quickly than the Republicans.  And then perhaps "We The People" will finally be pushed to the point where we wake the fuck up, and finally and truly, [b]DO[/b] something about it.  We all know it's coming, it's just that some of us insist on voting Republican and putting it off for a few more decades.  Let's get on with it already!

Signed,

Diver (TheFrogWho'sTiredOfBoiling) Down.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wobblin-Goblin, another one for the "(Sigh) Wow" files. Check out the White House's reaction to the CFR ruling...

"The president supported the campaign finance legislation and signed it into law because he believes it helped improve the system, and I think today's court ruling will help bring some clarity to the process," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.
View Quote

[url]www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/12/10/elec04.prez.campaign.finance.reax/index.html[/url]
View Quote

...but ... it's a STRATERGY! See, if you shoot your self in the head, then the criminals can't get you!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:14:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Gosh, I can't believe some of you are going APE-SHIT over GWB and his Administration.Yes, I do not agree with how the issues are being handled, however none are affecting the way I live.The DEMS CAN DO A WHOLE LOT WORSE.If you feel you need to jump off the wagon, be my guest, I am going with GWB again in 2004.None of the Dem candidates have convinced me to switch.We still live in a GREAT COUNTRY, but it is not perfect, nor will it ever be.The world is changing rapidly and so are we, so quit whining and adapt.[8D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gosh, I can't believe some of you are going APE-SHIT over GWB and his Administration.Yes, I do not agree with how the issues are being handled, [red]however none are affecting the way I live.[/red]
View Quote

That is precisely the problem here. Our peril is so great because this law (and subsequent ruling) is blatant disregard for the Bill of Rights...yet virtually everybody's daily life is unaffected by it. Hence, very few people are up in arms over it. Make no mistake, however, the SC just nullified the Bill of Rights and the Constitution itself!
We still live in a GREAT COUNTRY, but it is not perfect, nor will it ever be.The world is changing rapidly and so are we, so quit whining and adapt.
View Quote

Greatness is relative. I will [b]NOT[/b] be voting for GWB in 2004. That's how [i][b]I[/i][/b]  adapt.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Gosh, I can't believe some of you are going APE-SHIT over GWB and his Administration.Yes, I do not agree with how the issues are being handled, however none are affecting the way I live.[8D]
View Quote

Joe 6-pack checking in.....
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#40]

December 10, 2003:

"The president supported the campaign finance legislation and signed it into law because he believes it helped improve the system, and [red]I think today's court ruling will help bring some clarity to the process,[/red]" White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.
View Quote

March 27, 2002:

"I believe individual freedom to participate in elections should be expanded, not diminished; and when individual freedoms are restricted, questions arise under the First Amendment. [red]I also have reservations about the constitutionality of the broad ban on issue advertising... I expect that the courts will resolve these legitimate legal questions[/red] as appropriate under the law,"
View Quote

So much for that. [V]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Sometimes I think about voting Democrat just to "speed up the process" so we can get this thing over with.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
none are affecting the way I live.
View Quote

Retard.
You must be one of the proverbial "Duck hunters."  You know..."Take the assault weapons but leave my shotgun outta this."

Fuckin retard.

And I'll say it once more for the impaired; If there were a democrat president in office, deadlock would be the result.  That would be much better than what we've had.  No, I am not going to vote for them, but there are worse things I can think of than a Dem president struggling against republican legislature.

It would be really hard for the dems to beat the pace set by GWB and his administration, including "legalize-em-all" Tom Ridge.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I can JUST imagine a Bush second term!!!

It'll be like a Hillary first term!!! [snoopy]

What's he gonna do, change our flag to the Hammer and scythe??

Yep!! Keep doing the same old thing, expecting different results.

Vote Tweedely-dee!!  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HKgnnr

80 million + gun owners in America - but I fear that only a small number could even say "why" they are entitled to them.

View Quote
I think this is the main problem. They are "gun owners" and not "gun advocats". A lot of people in this country own cars but only a handfull can work on them to keep em' running. A lot of people in this country own guns but only a handfull truly know why it's important(aside from getting a deer each fall)to keep them and defend the Right to own them. "REAL" gun owners are a minority in the "gun community". Most get a 30/30 or an ought six and a 12Ga. for birds, stick it in the closet and use it a couple time a year. People like that WON'T defend their Rights to own firearms because firearms aren't all that important to them. It's like a set of Golf Clubs or some SCUBA equiptment, they enjoy using it but they wouldn't die for it. They just don't understand that GUNS=FREEDOM. Until they "Get it" we're doomed to more restrictions until there's an all out ban on firearms.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Is it time that we just went ahead and voted dems into office, so as to get this thing over with? I am growing weary of all this tippy toed tap dancing crap. At least if the dems get control, they can go ahead and makes things bad enough that people will get fed up. If a revolution is going to come, then lets stop screwing around and get it over with.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Scottman, that's twice you mentioned a DEMOCRATIC president and a Republican Congress. Had you not just specified that you were not going to vote "D", I would have sworn that's what you were implying.

I support roughly 70% of what Bush does. So in 2004 I will most likely vote for him. HOWEVER, my personal "line in the sand" is the AWB. If it gets to him and if he signs it I WILL NOT vote for him next year. And that is no matter who may get in as a result. To me a politician's views on guns, and all the rights/responsibilities that goes with them, say a hell of a lot about how that person views us---as peasants or citizens. So while we may all have our pet peeve issues, guns is mine, because that particular issue is about SO much more than just guns.

None of the above is meant to downplay the significance of the SCOTUS's assinine ruling yesterday. Anyone think it may be time to have ALL judges in this country ELECTED and not appointed? Being appointed (especially for life) leaves you no accountability to the people.    
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Isn't that the definition of insanity?

I've decided to turn my back on the Republican party.
If the democrats rule the roost, so be it. I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Fuck trying to salvage this country...it's time for a complete overhaul.

-HS
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can JUST imagine a Bush second term!!!

It'll be like a Hillary first term!!! [snoopy]

What's he gonna do, change our flag to the Hammer and scythe??

Vote Tweedely-dee!!  
View Quote
Do you really think you're the only one here who "votes their conscience"?

If so, you have quite a load of unwarranted hubris big guy.

I voted my conscience in 2000 and got a House of Republicans that is burying DOZENS of gun-banning laws. What did your votes get you?

But since there's not yet enough of them to bury the AWB [i]and[/i] shit like CFR then I should "exit" the process and let the Dems take full control???????

I voted my conscience in 2000 and got a Prezident who did a LOT of things I wanted to get done that would NEVER have happened under a Democrat Prez including nominating some of the most strict constitutionalist judges to the Federal courts we've had in the over a generation. What did your vote get you besides a warm fuzzy [i]feeeeeeeling[/i] afterwards?

For all the thought-provoking stances you take here, you also have a totally unfounded smugness and conceitedness about your political position that doesn't reflect well upon your particular political party or make your positions any more attractive, but in fact it repels people.

Maybe that's part of the reason why third-party candidates rarely win [b]ANY[/b] public offices higher than dog-catcher... because they seem so much more interested in standing on the sidelines yelling "nya-nya nya-nya" rather than rationally [i]recruiting[/i] support from people like me and others here.

I know you have a big chip on your shoulder with regards to the Republican Party and it seems to give you a strange sort of glee to see SOME Republicans going along with the Dems in damaging this nation - but truthfully, you aren't winning any converts. And even worse, it really doesn't even seem like your interested in doing so either. [:\]

Look at the tone and content of your posts - is that the way Patrick Henry or George Mason would go about gaining support for their positions?

(yeah-yeah, I know, by now they'd have taken up arms against the King)
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Ahhhh the CONSTITUTION, a living (read that POLITICAL) breathing (read that in need of resuscitation) instrument of the SHEEPLE!!! AND THAT is what happens when our schools barely touch teaching on the subject of OUR GOVERNMENT presently. If school teachers are DEMS or LIBS, and school policies are run *PC* and cower in fear of LAWSUITS then our children get brainwashed to their *vision* and all the rest of the above (Constitutional BASTARDIZATION)just follows naturally because it takes effort to be a real citizen. The naturalized ones have to prove their knowledge of our system before they get their *PIN*. Sounding like a ramble... out.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top