Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2003 5:52:11 AM EDT
--newbie alert--

If the 1994 nonsense sunsets this September, what happens?

Will *all* the lower receivers out there suddenly become "pre-ban" (so to speak), or would "post-ban" receivers still be required to meet the requirements of the 1994 nonsense?  (I can't imagine this, but lots of unimaginable things have happened.)

What about everything else, like hi-capacity magazines, flash hiders, and the rest?

Are manufacturers prepared for the run which will probably happen?

Thanks.

"The duties required in the sixth commandment are...to preserve the life of ourselves and others by resisting all [things] which tend to the unjust taking away the life of any; by just defense thereof against violence;...and protecting and defending the innocent."
The Westminster Larger Catechism

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My boxes of misc. pre-ban mags revert to face value again?
You know what, I don't care, I would feel better about things the way they should be.
Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If it don't sunset, those mags will skyrocket.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My boxes of misc. pre-ban mags revert to face value again?
You know what, I don't care, I would feel better about things the way they should be.
Time will tell.
View Quote
                                                                                                                                        Then the pre-ban guns I have will still shoot,and I can add to my collection without perverted politically correct models with welded in magazines.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
After Sunset, can you say spending spree $$$$$$   [banana]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will *all* the lower receivers out there suddenly become "pre-ban" ?
View Quote

No.
Post '89 imports will still be required to be in "non-AW" configurations.
Prebans will still have value, in states like NY.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a barrel-swap and collapsible stock installation party at my house.  

Seriously.  [:D]

I'm buying a few goodies now and will hold on to them until September 14 at midnight.

Then, I'm having a picture and notary public party on the 15th.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]
BTW, Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm buying a few goodies now and will hold on to them until September 14 at midnight.

Then, I'm having a picture and notary public party on the 15th.
View Quote

LoL...good idea [:)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
What will happen is this: 5,000,000 posts on " Can I put a FH or Bayonet lug on my Post Ban rifle?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top