Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2003 11:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 11:44:24 AM EDT by lvgunner777]
I am currently selling my home as I am upgrading to a bigger home.

Anyway, since the house came on the market on sunday, I have had literally 25 people come to look and already have 6 different offers on the table.

One of the people that put an offer wanted to come by and take "one more peek". I said sure, not a problem.

The buyer comes with his agent, they inform me the buyer is a fresh implant from Kalifornia. That should have been my first indication.

I have the dogs in their kennels so as not to bother anyone by sniffing their crotch or otherwise just being dogs.

The buyer says to me, "just curious, this seems like a good neighborhood, why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs"?? I said, "well, you have heard of the Elizabeth Smart case right? She was abducted from a multi-million dollar neighborhood, bad stuff can happen anywhere in other words".

He says, "geese, I noticed you have a gun safe in your closet too, you must be really paranoid" and then he starts to chuckle like I am going to think this is funny.

I said, "no, not paranoid, I believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst". He said, "oh, I see" and just kind of wondered away.

Just though I'd share a funny story.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:44:22 AM EDT
Shoulda let the dogs out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:44:39 AM EDT
Seems to me you should have uncaged the dogs. They would have enjoyed the fresh meat, and the liberal pussy might have learned some manners before bleeding out. Just think, that dork will likely be voting for Dean in 11 months...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:45:46 AM EDT
Why would the fact that someone was moving out of California be an indication of anything? I would suspect California has more firearms and more firearm owners than any other State in the Union.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:46:26 AM EDT
I would have told him to remind me to give him a map of the mine field if he buys the house. And then I would have raised the price $10,000.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:46:31 AM EDT
Charge him more. Stupidity needs to be taxed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:47:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: Why would the fact that someone was moving out of California be an indication of anything? I would suspect California has more firearms and more firearm owners than any other State in the Union.
View Quote
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:48:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: Why would the fact that someone was moving out of California be an indication of anything? I would suspect California has more firearms and more firearm owners than any other State in the Union.
View Quote
sure they do. but i don't think illegal aliens and gang bangers should count. mike
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:50:41 AM EDT
View Quote
thats a good point the handgun market is driven by the CA market. CA=Lots of money
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:52:54 AM EDT
View Quote
You can still own firearms there?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:56:40 AM EDT
You should have said to him, "and that crack will cost you $10,000 if you want the place." What an asshole. We're putting our place up on the market soon too. Not looking forward to that nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:57:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ar10er: You can still own firearms there?
View Quote
only the royalty like, don pereta, feinswine and boxer. I hear buying weapons in CA is a PITA, my buddy said they are finger printing people for rifles now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:05:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:12:21 PM EDT
I'd have been a little less polite, I think. I'd have probably led off with "I go shooting on a regular basis, competitively, and I do it because it's my right aind I enjoy it, as does the rest of my family, and I'll own and shoot any goddamned gun I feel like, asshole! I'm not a criminal and don't intend to be one and I sure as hell don't think I should have to defend my choice of pets or firearms from some liberal shitbag asshole like you, and now's the time for you to get the fuck off my property and never come back, not even with twice my asking price for the house in CASH!" And then I'd have lost HALF of my charm and tact. CJ
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:27:29 PM EDT
What an ass. Sorry for the hi-jack, One time a friend was getting ready to move out of an apartment building. The management company was showing the apt to prospective renters. He didn't want to be there while they showed the Apt. Me and two friends came over to pick him up to go drinking. As we were leaving, I dropped a copy of "Barley Legal" in his bathroom. [lol]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:33:23 PM EDT
NICE ROTT! Got 2 my self
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:36:44 PM EDT
"just curious, this seems like a good neighborhood, why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs" big scary dogs ? what a god damn pussy
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:45:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cmjohnson: I'd have been a little less polite, I think. I'd have probably led off with "I go shooting on a regular basis, competitively, and I do it because it's my right aind I enjoy it, as does defend my choice of pets or firearms from some liberal shitbag asshole like you, and now's the time for you to get the fuck off my property and never come back, not even with twice my asking price for the house in CASH!" And then I'd have lost HALF of my charm and tact. CJ the rest of my family, and I'll own and shoot any goddamned gun I feel like, asshole! I'm not a criminal and don't intend to be one and I sure as hell don't think I should have to
View Quote
[hail2] YOU DA MAN!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:47:58 PM EDT
"just curious, this seems like a good neighborhood, why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs" [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=3566[/img] Because I've taught them to disembowel shit-for brains leftists like yourself on command!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 12:51:03 PM EDT by The_Macallan]
What a dick. You WILL sell your house so you don't NEED him. He's obviously interested in the place. Don't accept anything less than your FULL asking price from that dick. If he offers your full asking price, you have to by law accept it (IIRC). A penny less and tell him to go fuck himself. What a dick.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:53:46 PM EDT
View Quote
Yeah, but that's because Californians consider glue guns, squirt guns, etc. to be firearms.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:54:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: What a dick. You WILL sell your house so you don't NEED him. He's obviously interested in the place. Don't accept anything less than your FULL asking price from that dick. If he offers your full asking price, you have to by law accept it (IIRC). A penny less and tell him to go fuck himself. What a dick.
View Quote
3 offers on the table are $6k over list as we speak. He is one of the high offers, fuck him, he isn't getting it no matter what. I just countered the 2 other offers that were $6k over list, his got shit canned.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:55:33 PM EDT
I would have asked him why he was leaving California in detail and then I would have lots of things to talk about.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:13:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 1:14:19 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Originally Posted By lvgunner777: The buyer says to me, "just curious, this seems like a good neighborhood, why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs"??
View Quote
[blue][b][i]"TO HELP KEEP IT THAT WAY"[/i][/b][/blue]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:17:23 PM EDT
View Quote
You won't in 25 to 50 years. Remember, all those "assault" weapons can't be passed down to family members (legally) I'm sure Kali will just keep adding to the list of guns that will disappear when the owners die.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:35:38 PM EDT
If it had been me looking at your house, I would have been offended if you hadn't offered to show me your collection, and let your dogs out, so I could play with them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:46:27 PM EDT
"just curious, this seems like a good neighborhood, why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs"?? (Looks quizzically at the dogs.) "Hey, you know what, you're right. I don't really need such scary dogs." (Walks to gun safe, picks out scariest looking rifle) "Um..what are you planning on doing with that?" "Well, figure I don't need these dogs anymore, so I might as well shoot 'em. You mind hanging around a minute?" (pansy liberal stammers explanantion and beats hasty retreat.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:47:16 PM EDT
People like that make me want to install a bottomless pit and a trap door in the floor. You did a good job holding your temper. I can't say I would have done as well. Nice dogs by the way.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:59:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lvgunner777: "why do you think you need such big scary looking dogs??"
View Quote
Are those pre-ban dogs?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:06:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 2:10:07 PM EDT by sslocal]
They not only finger print you in Kalifornia, they ask about your storage system. As in what kind of safe do you have? What kind of lock box do you use for your handgun? Bunch a knuckle heads!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:07:59 PM EDT
"Dogs? Why they're to keep the coyotes from snatching the kids like the one last week across the street. They hold the coyotes while I shoot them. Actually it probably wasn't the coyotes this time, the blood trail wasn't right." Wonder what that would have done to the offer?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:28:19 PM EDT
Hey Ivgunner777: Brother I LOVE your white dogs' expression! He's kinda' got that look where he's saying: "been there done that." I must have clicked on this thread a half dozen times today just to get a giggle out of his expression...cool dog! Hee hee
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:29:48 PM EDT
Dude, Counter HIS offer for $100k more then he offered.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:35:51 PM EDT
I second the motion. Raise you price for this asshole. He shouldn't have a problem with it, after all, it's just affirmative action. One price for him, and another "adjusted price" for others.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:44:53 PM EDT
View Quote
I would hope that this remains so,if true.But I would not bet on it at this point.(The firearms part)
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
Great, I like Black Rifles and big dogs too; is the Left trying to take both of them away now? I can’t believe he had the nerve to say something like that; so what if you want a REAL sized dog? I have always thought that a dog should be a dog, not a cat that barks and can’t use a litter box. Don’t let him have anything!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:52:56 PM EDT
This is why you never want to speak with or meet the buyer before the closing. Let the RE agents earn (ha) their commissions.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:17:13 PM EDT
I’m planning to put my house on the market in the next few months if I can get off my lazy ass and clean this place up to make it look presentable. I can cover up the 5,000+ rounds of ammo in the garage quite nicely and stash all my cleaning gear and accessories but I’ve wondered what kind of questions I’m going to get about the Sentry safe in the living room. To add to the fun I just put an 8 gun Homak in the bedroom tonight to handle the overflow from the Sentry. This should be a *lot* of fun. [}:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:18:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: I would suspect California has more firearms and more firearm owners than any other State in the Union.
View Quote
There are probubly more AR15 type rifles in California than in every other state combined.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:18:20 PM EDT
View Quote
I don't doubt it. California is the state with the most NRA members. Too bad far too many CA gun owners are apathetic, my friends included.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:22:19 PM EDT
Kalifornicastan gun sellers checklist, buyers must present at time of sale: 1. Completed fingerprint card 2. 4 forms of ID, SSN, DL, passport for first three 3. Urine sample 4. Stool sample 5. DNA sample 6. Proof of valid personal insurance 7. Safety inspected storage system sign off 8. Completed physological exam by two doctors 9. Blood draw 10. Credit check
Originally Posted By sslocal: They not only finger print you in Kalifornia, they ask about your storage system. As in what kind of safe do you have? What kind of lock box do you use for your handgun? Bunch a knuckle heads!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:25:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 3:26:35 PM EDT by fight4yourrights]
Originally Posted By AR15fan: There are probubly more AR15 type rifles in California than in every other state combined.
View Quote
Don't be so smug. There won't be ANY AR15's in Kali in about 50 years when the existing owners die - can't pass them onto your kids or sell them to anyone else.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:34:19 PM EDT
I gotta call baloney on the statement about CAlifornia driving the handgun market. Just pick up a copy of SOG or some other dealer's catalog and see how many handguns are prohibited for sale to CA not because they are illegal under CA law but because the manuf. did not care enough about thier sales to submit the firearm example to CA for thier series of safety tests. If the manuf. don't care about CA sale I hardly think they are driving force in the market.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:57:27 PM EDT
I was just at Turners this afternoon to get a 10/22, a Homak and some .ammo. I hadn’t been to the store in a few months but everyone recognized us (must be because we’ve dropped like 13 grand there in the last 16 months)… Anyway I was very surprised and pleased to see EVERY space in the counter along the wall TOTALLY filled with handguns. There wasn’t an empty space or duplicated gun in the cases and we’re talking 30+ feet of 3 shelved glass cases. 90 FEET of guns laid out for public consumption. While I was doing the paperwork I mentioned to my GF that the next handgun on my “to buy” list is a Sig-Pro in .357. The guy doing the paperwork came out and tried to tempt me with Trailside that they just got in. It just got recently approved for sale here. Oh, boy was that tempting. Felt VERY good in my hands, but I passed (for now) [:D] I’m not sure about “driving” the market but I can damn sure bet that based on our population and what I saw tonight the PRK is responsible for a substantial percentage of guns sales in the nation.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:04:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sum-rifle: Why would the fact that someone was moving out of California be an indication of anything? [blue]Other than the fact that CA has THE most draconian gun laws imaginable? Or that they refer to CA as the "land of fruits & flakes"?[/blue] I would suspect California has more firearms and more firearm owners than any other State in the Union. [blue]Why would you suspect this?[/blue]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:29:33 PM EDT
Real Californians are in the unfortunate position of having the heavily urban and liberal San Francisco and Los Angeles crowds getting all the press and making policy. But go to central California, up to Shasta or even the San Joaquin Valley and you'll see a different breed of cat. Hell, I lived in Orange County and the gunstores and ranges I went to were booming (no pun intended) businesses. The current Orange County Sheriff, Mike Carona, was elected on a platform that included making concealed handgun licenses more accessible to the citizens of OC.
Top Top