Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 11:39:37 AM EDT
this is weird over the last few months I have been getting skinny (not in a good way)

back In high school use to eat all the time and always be hungry now I just eat cause I know I need it.

I have been all busy with school and work but if this keeps up I think I am going to have to start eating steak for breakfast!

i'm 6ft and I weighed myself at 158! I was 175 in  school, I expected to shed a little weight and not be as hugry but this is weird.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are one of the few lucky ones with an outrageous metabilism.

It's usually the ones that a really tall but it can happen to those like u of average height.

Have you been stressing alot lately?
Maybe and not realized it??

Edited to say: Are you just REALLY busy?

I know when I'm REALLY busy in a day, I'll actually forget to eat and my body won't even tell me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Start drinking lots of beer. that will make ya gain weight  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have you been stressing alot lately?
Maybe and not realized it??
View Quote

yeah I am with finals and + life isn't going that great.

But its funny everyone is trying to fatten me up.

I drink beer pretty often also nothings working!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Sleep more, exercise less, and eat two large pizzas with extra cheese every day.

That'll cure your "problem"!

Eat everything and hit the gym.  If you're going to put on any weight, let it be muscle.

Maybe you have a tapeworm?

CJ
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Eating at night and no food until lunch is a sure way to kick to metabilism's ass. Try that.

Hopefully your body can handle the extreme fluctuations in your blood/sugar level if u try that.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Now wait a minute, how much beer do you drink? And it better not be that low carb Michelob. Im talkin start drinking a couple pitchers while having a large meat-lovers pizza. All which a big bowl of ranch for dunking the pizza in
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It's probably just cancer.  Or maybe AIDS.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Start drinking lots of beer. that will make ya gain weight  [:D]
View Quote

That worked for me....unfortunately, I don't need the extra weight![beer]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Tapeworm.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
if you want to take a serious stab at regaining some healty weight you could try some nutritional supplementation. there are some products out there that might aid you in higher caloric intake without just going nuts on uber-fatty foods.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The same thing has been happening to me the past few months, never really hungry and eat just cause its eating time. I went home for the fist time since August on Thanksgiving break and my mom noticed right away that I had lost a noticeable amount of weight.  

I think its a combination of school, and a few other things for me though.

I don't think I can increase my beer intake beyond what it is now, so I know thats not the problem. [beer]

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tapeworm.

Av.
View Quote

[img]http://martin.parasitology.mcgill.ca/JIMSPAGE/IMAGES/dlatum3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds aweful.  Could you sneeze on a piece of paper and mail it to me.  I need some of that.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
You have cancer of the ass and will die within a few months.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds aweful.  Could you sneeze on a piece of paper and mail it to me.  I need some of that.
BISHOP
View Quote

[:D]  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]
seriously dude, you should go get a check-up and get some bloodwork done...

it might be nothing, but i'd make an appointment and go see your dr.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup. ASAP.
View Quote

One more vote for that. Unexplained weight loss ain't a good sign, but it could be something easily fixed. If you have been getting hot lately, felt your heart racing every once in a while, could be hyperthyroidism which can be treated. Could be cancer, rare if you are young (less than 40) but still possible. Or could be that you aren't drinking enough beer. [;)]

Get it checked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top