Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 10:20:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 10:26:12 AM EDT by DK-Prof]
I'm finally done with my teaching!!! Woo-hoo

I still need to assign grades (but I have a cadre of TAs doing the bulk of the work for me), and I still have to sit in as a judge on our case competition (a week-long affair) but I'm done teaching!!!! I don't have to stand in a classroom again until September! People will just leave me alone in my office!

Heaven!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:24:26 AM EDT
My husband feels that way when the students leave for the summer.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:35:57 AM EDT
Did I read that right? DK-Prof only works 3 months a year??
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:37:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DPeacher: Did I read that right? DK-Prof only works 3 months a year??
View Quote
I wish! [:D] No no- I only TEACH 3 months every year - I WORK 12 months a year. My primary job is research, but I have to teach 3 classes (and I schedule them all in the fall).
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:38:01 AM EDT
Geeze. I thought from the topic you had finally cleaned that grungy-ass 1911, ya lazy bastage.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:45:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By FLAL1A: Geeze. I thought from the topic you had finally cleaned that grungy-ass 1911, ya lazy bastage.
View Quote
Touche [ROFL2] Well, I'm off to go buy myself a milkshake to celebrate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:52:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By DPeacher: Did I read that right? DK-Prof only works 3 months a year??
View Quote
I wish! [:D] No no- I only TEACH 3 months every year - I WORK 12 months a year. My primary job is research, but I have to teach 3 classes (and I schedule them all in the fall).
View Quote
I'm taking notes here... I've got to make sure I have this just right before I walk into my the bossman's office. DK-Prof said, in essence, that being left alone in his office for 9 months a year to conduct "research" is considerd work. OK! I got it. I'll be right back.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:52:54 AM EDT
Oh, I thought you were getting a job in the real world or something. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:11:33 AM EDT
i've got exams this week and next :-/
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:18:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DPeacher:
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
View Quote
View Quote
I'm taking notes here... I've got to make sure I have this just right before I walk into my the bossman's office. DK-Prof said, in essence, that being left alone in his office for 9 months a year to conduct "research" is considerd work. OK! I got it. I'll be right back.
View Quote
WHOA!!!! Not a gooooood idea. DPeacher --->[spank]<---Bossman
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:20:18 AM EDT
What were you teaching? What are you researching? Just curious.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:33:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof: I'm finally done with my teaching!!! Woo-hoo [BEER] I still need to assign grades (but I have a cadre of TAs doing the bulk of the work for me), and I still have to sit in as a judge on our case competition (a week-long affair) but I'm done teaching!!!! I don't have to stand in a classroom again until September! People will just leave me alone in my office! Heaven!
View Quote
I am done this week and start again in the middle of January. I have a full time job, but I teach for fun.
Top Top